Page Editor to Design Blogs, Product & Landing Pages

From $39/month. 10-day free trial.

GeezerGlide LLC

Update: In the meantime I had several contacts and also multiple attempts from different people at Shogun to assist me and to make it right (which really speaks for them). I still decided to uninstall their app. They helped to clean-up my site and removed any leftover code, too. Based on their eager to please customer service I would have given it another try with their app, but in the meantime we decided to walk a different route and there is no longer a need for us to use such an app/their app. I changed my initial rating from 1 star to 3 stars - because of their high interest to win me back and make it right. Their customer support seems to be excellent. I will leave my initial feedback below - so you can see where I was coming from and what happened initially. I had a VERY unpleasant experience with this app - BE AWARE!!!
I installed it to test and see what it does and it created ALL KIND of unwanted side effects!!
It modifies the HTML of your product in Shopify!! Even after you delete the test product page - their HTML code still is left in your product HTML - they don't clean up their @#$%! They even redirected one of my product URL and it took me some time to figure out how I could revert back to my original product listing/collection. Uninstalling their app does NOT clean up the changes they made to your Shopify store/pages/products!!! As I said - BE AWARE - if you like their app and stay with them - then you are probably ok, but if you just want to check it out and test it - I strongly recommend not to use one of your active products or pages and be aware that you have to do quite some clean up afterwards after you decide not to use their app!

November 29, 2021

Hey there, Denis! I apologize for the unpleasant experience you had with Shogun.

I can see you were communicating with my colleague, however, I also reached out to you in a separate email explaining this in detail and how we can help resolve the issue for you. Having said that, allow me to share a bit more information here.

It looks like you had deleted a few product pages that were imported to Shogun. We don't recommend deleting pages that are imported to Shogun such as the product pages. If you wish to move back to the original version of the page before the import, we have a feature called Revert Import that helps to restore the original version of any page you've imported into Shogun.

Also, when you uninstall Shogun from your Shopify store, all live pages remain live on the store. This is the reason why our code also remains in the theme to ensure that these pages do not encounter any issues. This is again, the reason why we suggest using the Revert Import option to undo any page imports.

However, we are more than happy to assist you with the removal of this code and I'd appreciate it if you could reach out to me via email so that we can assist you further.

Boost Auto Parts

The app has some great features packed in. My issue with the app is that it is NOT plug and play with our Shopify theme (which is a default Brooklyn theme from the Shopify app store). Shogun support generally always blames the issues on the theme and tells us to talk to our developer, which is problematic because we don't have a developer on-staff. If I push hard enough they will get their technical team involved and resolve the issue for us, but it's always a 'one-time courtesy'. This app should work with the native Shopify themes out of the box, and if there are issues they should offer to resolve them without hassle. I like the app functions, and if the support improves they will receive a better rating (updated this from 1* to 3* based on improvement I've already seen).

October 1, 2021

Hey there, Adam!

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry to hear that your Shogun experience hasn't been a positive one.

I apologize if you felt that we are placing the blame elsewhere or sharing pre-written responses. This is certainly not something we would like you to experience. We sincerely appreciate the feedback and would work on this.

I see you have been in touch with my colleague, Lamberto to get this checked further. However, I have reached out to you in a separate email as well to learn more about the issue you are facing.

I hope to hear back from you.

Blue Memory

Updated review:
I'm going back up to 3 stars and I'll leave it at that because despite the fact that there is nothing to complain about in terms of quality of service and after-sales service, marking it free when it is only free under certain conditions, that you don't tell the customer (ON SHOPIFY), is deception.

July 24, 2021

Hi Seuldon,

Thank you for your honest feedback, and our sincere apologies for the confusion and frustration. The free plan is currently available to new users. This is noted on our app store page, but I can see how this can be missed. I'll communicate your feedback to our team right away to ensure this can be made more clear.

I see your store had previously installed our app in February of this year. I'm sorry to see your return to Page Builder has not been a positive experience. Our support team has reached out via email with further details and steps to help you try our app again from a clean state.

Our support team is available 24/7. We're looking forward to your response and helping you back into using Page Builder again. :)

Jill N., Director of Client Services

VOFFOV - Better Furniture Better Office

Function template: Great
Reaction speed: As slow as a snail
If you are lucky enough, the shogun reaction speed is still very fast

July 9, 2021

Hi, there! Thanks for your review. We appreciate the honest feedback.

I understand you are facing some issues with the page speed and I would like to learn more about the issue so that we can look into this for you.

I have also reached out to you via email and I would appreciate it if you could reply back to us so that we can assist you better.

Fabriclore

Everything that Shogun does is super basic. Its Elements library has not grown for ages. All one can do is create basic pages. There are no modern-looking elements that can really add design value to the store. Apps like SectionsCloud have taken the design to the next level whereas Shogun Page builder is like 2 years behind when it comes to offering quality content blocks.

June 8, 2021

Hi there,

Thank you so much for taking the time and leaving your honest feedback for Shogun. We really appreciate the feedback as it helps us to work on and implement features and improvements.

I have reached out via email as well to learn more about your requirements and the improvements you would like us to work on. We would love to hear back from you.

Sweetan | Team Lead, Support

billo-product

I can recommend Shogun. However I think the prices are too high. That's my only negative point about the app.

March 16, 2021

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback regarding the price, we will be sure to pass this feedback onto the appropriate team! I've sent you an email after this review came in, please feel free to reply or send over any further feedback to support@getshogun.com.

Woodstone

pretty difficult to use, if you are expecting user friendly experience like Shopify theme editor , you will be disappointed. User experience is difficult. simplify it Shogun. Even simple email marketing platforms have better drag and drop function.

February 1, 2021

Hi Enes,

Thank you for your review. I'm really sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with Shogun. We strive to ensure that the app is easy to use, and helps customers build beautiful stores with ease. We clearly missed the mark here.

I can see that my colleague Charles reached out to you by phone but could not get through, then followed up by email to gather further feedback from you to assist with the issues that you are facing. I would ask that you reply to Charles and we would be happy to guide you on what you are hoping to achieve.

We really appreciate any feedback that you would like to share with us - it helps us grow and helps us provide you with a better service.

I hope that we can help you have a better experience with Shogun. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Response to your update: sorry to hear that you are still struggling with getting to grips with Shogun. We have been trying to contact you since you originally posted this review but we have yet to hear back from you about what issues you are facing, what you are finding difficult, or how we can help you. If you could, we would really appreciate it if you could reach back out to us so that we can offer assistance or log the feedback.

Biggs Ltd

I want to add our blogs to different pages. Why is that so difficult? This allows you to arrange different page elements but not truly build a page "without limits" as advertised. They have reached out to me about a possible work around so I have updated my review. Not sure if it will work for us but I really appreciate them contacting us.

July 22, 2020

Hi John,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your honest feedback for Shogun and for your time with troubleshooting and listening to our response - we really appreciate the feedback that you have regarding the product - we put all this to good use when deciding on new features/improvements.

I'm really sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with editing blog articles, and am glad to hear that Charles could help you turn it into a slightly better experience.

Please do let us know if there is anything else that we can do to help, we strive to make sure every customer experience is the best possible.

Slash Objects

Updated: The Shogun team has been helpful in making this experience better by being very attentive and thorough. I still think that there should be an affordable version for small businesses. Please let me know when you improve your forms. Thanks

PREVIOUS REVIEW
This app works fine but it is NOT AFFORDABLE to keep on your page so you might as well not use it unless you are never going to make edits again! The forms in the app are HORRIBLE and they stop working after you uninstall the app so its a waste of time to use them in the first place. You should make an affordable option for individuals!

July 15, 2020

Hey Arielle,

Our support team has reached out to you and left a voicemail and sent an email as well.

We are so sorry to hear that you have not had the best experience with Shogun. We appreciate all of the feedback and would love to hear about any suggestions you might have for improvements to the forms element.

We would love to find a solution that works for you and your business. If you could please respond to the email at your earliest convenience, we would greatly appreciate it. We will try giving you a call tomorrow to see if we can reach you.

Kalen | Team Lead, Support

MĀLAMA

Can confirm this review: It's a pretty solid page builder. Lacking some functionality, especially around your ability to position elements, but nothing that can't be fixed in later updates. I wish that I could edit the category pages with greater precision.

My biggest problem is with the price. They keep raising it. $39 a month for a basic page builder is just greedy. If it were around $15 a month I'd give it 4 stars.

Previous 1