Shogun Landing Page Builder

Shogun Landing Page Builder

by Shogun Labs, Inc.

Build Custom Product Pages, Blog Posts, FAQ Pages & Funnels.

Biggs Ltd

I want to add our blogs to different pages. Why is that so difficult? This allows you to arrange different page elements but not truly build a page "without limits" as advertised. They have reached out to me about a possible work around so I have updated my review. Not sure if it will work for us but I really appreciate them contacting us.

July 22, 2020

Hi John,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your honest feedback for Shogun and for your time with troubleshooting and listening to our response - we really appreciate the feedback that you have regarding the product - we put all this to good use when deciding on new features/improvements.

I'm really sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with editing blog articles, and am glad to hear that Charles could help you turn it into a slightly better experience.

Please do let us know if there is anything else that we can do to help, we strive to make sure every customer experience is the best possible.

Karl | Team Lead, Technical Support

MĀLAMA

Can confirm this review: It's a pretty solid page builder. Lacking some functionality, especially around your ability to position elements, but nothing that can't be fixed in later updates. I wish that I could edit the category pages with greater precision.

My biggest problem is with the price. They keep raising it. $39 a month for a basic page builder is just greedy. If it were around $15 a month I'd give it 4 stars.

Ypson's

I reinstall the app to work again with, it starts to erase my product description with some code inside. I send a email to the support and Kalen and Adam were very reactive, they did all the maximum to solve my problem. Even if, I had to call my dev to setup again my product description, this customer support is great.

OGNX

Easy handling but just until a certain point. If you try to create your own templates the designs are not responsive and not optimized for mobile view. Definitely room for improvement. Three stars for the self explaining structure.

Christian Pure

Billini

We've only just begun using this app but the available formatting and functions is impressive and not like anything else we've used before (especially while on the Magento platform). We are looking forward to exploring all capabilities in the new year.

WENTZEL STORE

You can achieve the look you want if you have alot of time to kill. There is alot tweaking to do to get something look right. Honestly most the time it drives me nuts how much I have to mess around with something so it looks the exact same on both desktop and mobile. The mobile preview is not accurate and I need to expand to full screen to make sure desktop view isnt cutting anything out of view. I'd think everything is okay until I view it fullscreen and then I have to tweak and tweak again and alot of the time I end up changing the image I wanted to use. In the editor a product image may look nice and large but in the actual live view on my phone when published it would be so small. I'd have to go back in and blow the image up till it looks right on mobile but then the image would be too huge on desktop. Its alot of tweaking.
I have also had issues with product images / listings not showing LIVE but shows inside the editor. The team tells you to delete your cookies etc. I have always questioned if I have to delete my cookies to view the website as it should look, what about other people visiting my website who have cookie overload too? Will they not be able to view stuff? I never recived an answer.
Been using shogun since Feb 2019 , sometimes I really love it and other times I hate how much it works me hard. It's ok. When I started it was $19, now I'm seeing that it is $39. I'm wondering why so high? It's not worth $39 (analytics or not).

The page templates it comes with arent the best designs and they don't work very well. They look very squeezed on mobile. I have a hard time picking one that can work. The example store used here (leesa.com) looks nothing like their templates or anything that can be achieved using the drag and drop builder. I assume coding was involved.

eminentcycles

I reached out to Shogun regarding ability to do drop down forms. Unfortunately this basic function is not yet available. Hoping this can be improved on as it's a basic form function that will definitely help with our customer experience and ability to track and respond appropriately do specific answers they provide. I will say support was very quick to respond and empathized that this is something that is important and that they were working to add it.

Bella Lupascu

An overall good software that absolutely has some troubles with the width/boxed layout functions and as with all page builders, some headache with functions here and there but overall a good tool with good support.

April 29, 2019

Hello Robin- I’m sorry to hear you had such a negative experience using Shogun. I can see that one of our support engineers, Karl, reached out to you over chat right after you posted this, but I thought I would respond to your questions over email and here as well.

*Full width section*
The default width for the content defined by your theme appears to be full width. Due to this you’re not able to see any difference when using the full width toggle. I understand how having the option to disable is confusing in this case. You can instead apply side margins or limit the max width of the section.

*Tab styles*
As you’re using the Store Coming Soon app, we’re unable to see the preview / live page. Could you please share a screenshot of the preview / live page so that we can take a closer look at this issue for you? Email it to support@getshogun.com

*Reaching out to Support*
Our contact form is available on the dashboard. You should also have access to live chat, and you can email us at support@getshogun.com

Please let me know if you have any further questions. We will make sure to have this resolved for you today. Thank you very much for working with us.

-Nick (Cofounder, Shogun)

Herbal Theory RX

The app is relatively easy to use. The support is quick which is good, but it does appear to be robotic replies leading you to other video tutorials rather than looking at the actual problem and solution. There's still room for improvements. For one, headers and footers cannot be changed on shogun. If you build with one theme install, you will lose all shogun "pages" if you go with a different theme. Secondly, the tab functions could be better and more modern. Thirdly, using other apps shows to be a bit of a problem. Overall, it's satisfactory if you want some flexibility but lots of room for improvement. I think they are heading towards the right directions.

March 18, 2019

Hi Syl! Appreciate the thorough feedback here. (1) Noted about support, and I will talk with the team about how we use articles in support response. We do our best, and I promise there is a big team of people here that care about you. We don't outsource our support. (2) Headers and footers. I totally wish we could control this, but it's outside of the of the page, so we leave that part to our awesome theme partners to handle. (3) You won't lose pages if you switch themes, but you might need to re-tweak some of your page content if the theme has much different styling rules. (4) Elements definitely need a design pass to make the defaults more modern. We now have a senior designer who will focus only on the editor, so expect lots of great changes. (5) More 3rd party app integrations coming! Which integrations did you want specifically? Thanks for the kind words. Reach out anytime support@getshogun or ask for me directly - Nick (Cofounder, Chief Product Officer)

Previous 1