Shop channel

Developer
Shopify
2.2
December 7, 2022

Please help me understand this. I thought that this was a way to bring new customers into the brand. But now I'm seeing that customers I paid for through Facebook ads have placed their first order through my site -- and a second order through Shop. How was Shop contacting my customer? How would this happen? Is Shop hijacking my customers and encouraging them to bypass my site entirely?

The Bullish Store
Shopify replied December 8, 2022

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. The Shop app does aim to increase your brand's customer base through our curated collections and transparency with product reviews. It's also our objective to help build your existing customer relationships by allowing customers to track their orders and contact you easily if needed. There are emails sent to the customer from us so they are familiar with the app they have just used as well as for compliance. However, these emails would not be triggered by an order from Facebook. They may have already been using our Shop app for tracking. If that's the case, they may have re-visited your Shop store profile after their Facebook order synced to the app for tracking, and it encouraged another purchase.
Any email sent is in place to help support your customers and encourage sales through your store, and its worth is continuously reviewed. If you feel an email has disrupted your orders in any way then please reach out to us with the email's details by starting a support ticket here: https://bit.ly/3NehLrk

Thanks,
Noreena

October 21, 2022

I don’t know what’s goin on with this Shop app but it’s not working for me. I want to use it, it’s just not letting my customers choose that option to fill it out. I tried fixing it but it’s still saying Shop app is not approved for my website smh idk what to do at this point

Gift A Luv1
Time spent using app: About 1 month
Shopify replied November 10, 2022

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review the Shop sales channel.

Sorry to hear about your experience and trouble with eligibility for our Shop sales channel. If you were deemed ineligible for certain features, you should still be able to install the channel. Your customers will continue to be able to take advantage of order tracking, viewing recent orders and seeing the available contact information for your business.

If you want us to take a closer look at your ineligibility circumstances, and to see if there's a way to rectify the matter, please contact us directly after logging in via this link on the Shopify Help center - https://help.shopify.com/en/questions/shop-app#/login so that we can authenticate you and investigate this for you right away.

Best wishes,
Brian,

October 21, 2022

Banned me for no reason at all. My chargeback rate is not above 1% at all. Also they won't display my product for god knows what reason

Alpha Weebs
Time spent using app: About 1 year
Shopify replied November 10, 2022

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review the Shop sales channel.

Best wishes,
Brian,

July 1, 2021

Same Error message as everyone else when installing today. Error message is 404 on the store page, not the the dashboard.

CentralSound
Time spent using app: 3 minutes
Shopify replied July 5, 2021

Hey there - thanks for taking the time to leave a review! I've sent you an email directly to assist in looking into this issue. If you reply back I'd be happy to investigate this for you as soon as possible. Looking forward to hearing from you! Brian, Shop Support.

June 7, 2021

Installed app nearly a week ago and it's still not showing in search or on the app. We have tried to email support and no reply back to us.

Bark Butter
Time spent using app: 4 days
Shopify replied June 10, 2021

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review the Shop sales channel. I would be more then happy to look into this further and I have sent you an email so we can continue our conversation. Looking forward to assisting you with this. Dee, Shop Support