Products Assistant

Products Assistant

by Zetya

Manage products on our time, not yours

Kimmy Snabric Llc

I have been using this app for approximately 7 months now and overall, I am fairly pleased. There are a few things I would love to have changed, but all-in-all, it's a good app that I would recommend.

PROS:

1. Support has always been rather quick at responding and always been pretty good about assisting with questions/problems and helping out. Just be sure to contact the correct app for assistance. ;-)

2. I have a lot of inventory that requires difficult bundling to keep inventory straight. Example, I sell full sets of snaps consisting of 4 different pieces. I also offer the sell of individual pieces. Instead of having to split caps, sockets, and studs up between each Shopify listing and having to keep moving them around so customers can keep purchasing when sold out... I can put ALL quantity into one place and create bundle commands for each listing to pull from that ONE inventory pot.

3. Keeps my inventory all in one place and I don't have to go into multiple product listings in the back end to update each listing inventory. I create ONE hidden listing in my back-end, list all inventory there, then link each product listing to that one hidden listing.

CONS:

1. Setting up each product bundle command is time consuming. I have HUNDREDS of listings... so it took me forever when I was opening my shop. If you're a new shop, plan to spend a lot of time setting this up for each of the listings you want to use it for. It's quicker when you have your shop up and running and you just periodically add new products here and there. Setting up a single bundle is not the time consuming part. It's the fact I set it up for EVERY SINGLE ONE of my products. If you don't do this, you may not spend as much time as me setting up. I don't see any work around this though. It's just the nature of the beast for tracking inventory.

2. I don't like how if a certain setting is clicked, your hidden listings get unhidden. I would like to have my sold out product listings stay showing (or have them automatically show when new inventory is added) but I don't want my hidden inventory listings to show. It's all or nothing. I'd much rather have the option to select if I want certain listings to show when new inventory is added or if I want it to stay hidden.

3. The system cannot determine if there is enough inventory to support a listing if there are multiple options for one single listing and inventory is low. Example... If I have a GREEN SNAP listing that offers 25ct Full Sets, 50ct Full Sets, and 100ct Full Sets... If inventory only has 100ct Full Sets available, the system will allow my customer to add a 100ct Full Set and a 50ct Full Set to their cart and complete the purchase, making inventory go negative 50ct Full Set because it couldn't determine at the time it was overselling. I've asked the developer to fix this problem, but I was told it was too expensive to code and therefore they will not do it. I'll have to continue messaging my customers with apologize when this happens I guess.

4. Learning to set it up in the beginning can be a bit confusing... but once you figure it out, you'r good!

OVERALL.... I would recommend this app, despite it's few irritations. I've not found another app like it and while it would be awesome to have some feature updates/fixes, it still seems to function really well and suits my needs well for tracking inventory. Response from the team has always been top notch too.

Garnodk

Tried to install this app, realized it was not working. Contacted their support, now answer and i have sent them 3 emails... so I have now paid for something that did not work as the trail expired and they still did not answer, app should not be on the app store

Bamboo Lulu

It turns out I set it up incorrectly but the app did not flag a problem. In fact it said the task was valid. Trying another app.

Peg World

An awesome application. We have always had difficulty selling our complete skateboards and longboards as they draw from a few products to make the entire board. So stock management was a nightmare. This product allows us to sell our complete boards while drawing stock from all the different "smaller" products. For Instance a Complete Longboard requires - A deck, 2 Trucks, Bearings, wheels, hardware, riser pads and grip tape. By setting up a complete board on Product assistant it automates this process for us. Great app guys!

Clandar

I have been looking for a way to have two products with different pictures for men and women and retain stock for a single product, without success for ages. I tried this app, very easy to setup, I just created one Master product with stock, I chose the women's one, then created the men's product with different images with no stock control. I then used this app to make the men's product a bundle which contained one of the women's product. When purchases happen for the mens or the womens product it decrements the stock for the women's, if a refund happens on either the stock increments. Very happy it works extremely well, I'm tempted to also try the product cruise control feature but have yet to give it a go.

Pms Bites

The technology is good and integrates well with Shopify. Wish there was a video or a better way to navigate the site to find instructions.

Paleo Papeo

I was looking for an app that could deal with inventory issues with bundled products for ages and I'm so happy I finally came across Shopify Assistant. I had a few problems adding the "sold out" code but the support was incredibly fast and they worked relentlessly to resolve my problem.

If you´re looking for a way to sell pre selected packs that include multiple products then this is by far the best and cheapest way to do it. 3 of the first 5 sales on my website have been bundle products so it's definitely worth the tiny investment.

Check out my home page where you can see my bundled products if you're looking for something similar... http://paleopapeo.es

Other bundle apps just don't do it as well. If any one of the 10-20 products in my bundle products runs out the it will show as sold out.

Don't keep yourself up at night with inventory worries and add shopify assistant to your store.

Vape Ape

I've setup some bundled product with this app and it all works as described and is easy to use! Tried others first but this was the best for our needs by far and didn't have to insert liquid (which becomes a pain when updating theme).

Avery & Ethan - Gifts for Kids

This app does what it says it does which is a time saver. I would give it 5 stars if it wasn't for one BIG annoyance. When changing prices, it runs the task over and over and over again until you remember to go back in an DELETE the task. So, for example, if you create a task to decrease your price or increase your price by $10, it will go through and make that change, and then every half hour or so it will go though and do it AGAIN, and keep repeating that until you remember and notice that what should cost $30 now costs $500 or what should cost $100 now costs $1. Ug.

Knowing this I try to remember to go back in and delete the task once it finishes running, but being a busy shop owner like most of us, we are often multi tasking so it is very easy to set the task then forget or a while to go back and turn it off.

Crane & Canopy

Best bundled sale app out there.

We spent a lot of time installing and uninstalling other options. This app is the only one that: 1. works 2. handles bundling the intelligent way

its not perfect, but its the best ive seen so far.

Previous 1