Shopify Email

Email marketing made for commerce

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.

• Speed tested: no impact to your online store

HealthPulze

this app in my opinion deserve zero but 1 star for better pricing , but everything else is bad. I tried to like it but unfortunately Mailchimp and others offer way much better tools. I do wish Mailchimp didn't delete their app in Shopify. I know there is a tool to connect the Mailchimp account but still you will need to deal with the third party and encounter other issues. If Shopify Mail offer the following suggestions/wishes maybe I will give them a second shot and reevaluate this app: 1) Shopify Mail need more report Analytics tools like the ones in Mailchimp, I don't know who unsubscribed or the visitors count from each country and etc.
2) no bounce report, no report on a lot of things!!!
3) within the composer, there are no many to add on like where are the dividers? why can not control the footer? why not add HTML code like Mailchimp? and so on. Bottom line, this app need a lot to be done and they should since they made changes to their terms which lead maiclhimp leaving the platform. I do hope they add a lot of goodies until then, this app as the current state is very trash (sorry to say that).

December 30, 2020

Hey there,

Amy here from Shopify Support. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Don’t be sorry for your opinion! It’s feedback like this that helps us to improve and grow. I really appreciate such a detailed review. I’m going to follow up with you with an email to open up the lines of communication so I can provide your feedback to my team.

BooksAndTools

I liked it originally, but it seems to degrade over time. Now any link I include will not show up as blue and the receivers cannot link as I want. Also difficult with adding pictures. While I gladly pay the over 2500, I have exceeded that number and this may be the cause of my problems. Shopify so far has no answer to help me. Must I go to GMAIL in 500 sets each week's campaign?

December 17, 2020

Hey there,

Amy here from Shopify Support. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. You should be able to make the link any colour you wish, and you should be able to link it to where ever you like. As for pictures, I would be happy to look at that with you. I’m going to follow up with you with an email, to open up the lines of communication here, so I can help you get this resolved.

KLIN.BG

Location Bulgaria

I would strongly advice AGAINST using this app, especially if you're coming from another email marketing service. It lacks basic features and is unreliable. As a backstory - we do not require registrations on our website to place an order and sometimes people misspell their email addresses. This will result in hard/soft bounces from this app. If you reach the limit of 5% bounce rate (which if you have used another marketing service before and have a substantial subscriber base is almost guaranteed) the campaign will FAIL. What that means is that a small portion of the subscribers will receive the email and the rest will not. This happened to us and we only had 5000 subscribers of which just the first 950 emails were delivered. We contacted support and there was nothing they could or wanted do about it. That lead to lost revenue, because we expect 6-8% conversion rate from those emails. We can't even use our previous marketing service since the people who already got the email (those 950 subscribers) or their mail services are highly likely to mark it as spam now if we try to resend. So we're stuck in limbo and our holiday sale campaign (at least as long as email marketing is concerned) is ruined.

December 17, 2020

Hey there,

Amy here from Shopify Support. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Our team is consistently working to improve the app and it’s feedback like this that helps us do that. I’m going to follow up with you with an email, to open up the lines of communication here, so I can provide your feedback to my team.

infograpify

Time spent using app Over 1 year

This app seemed promising but right now it is too basic, too slow, and it lacks flexibility. Not recommended.

Hey there,

Charlotte here from Shopify Support. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Our team is consistently working to improve the app and add functionality to suit our merchants needs. I'm going to follow up with you with an email, to open up the lines of communication here, so I can provide your feedback to my team.

3 Little Crowns

Location Australia

Complete waste of time. Don't repeat our mistake. I thought 20k subscriber list wasn't big but according to them it's huge and if you try to send an email to any more than 5k at a time it will fail. Support was completely useless. Back to Mail Chimp!!

Hey there!

Charlotte here from Shopify Support. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm really sorry to hear of the struggles you were facing with the Shopify Email app. To learn more about sending emails to your full email list, you can find some great insight here as to how to increase deliverability of your emails - https://bit.ly/314x9jQ

I am also going to send you an email to open up communication to better support you!

Charlotte | Shopify

NIDO

Location Japan

I can't send due to an upper limit error even though I haven't sent 5 messages It cannot be used as it is, so please support it.

Hey there,

At the moment, the Shopify Email app has a limit of 5 email campaigns per week. This resets every 7 days at 12:00 pm UTC. You can learn more about this limit here: https://bit.ly/36Uv9i2

I'm really sorry to hear of the struggles you were facing. I would love to talk to you further and better understand the issues you were facing, to see what we can do on our end to help. I will send you an email privately, in order to open up that line of communication!

Ariel's Vibes

An Email Marketing Application that hasn't automation is just useless... It looked easy to use, but without a decent flow you cannot build your customers list... Just taking space on my App Shelf...

November 17, 2020

Hey there,

Charlotte here from Shopify Support. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I can absolutely see the importance of being able to automate emails using the Shopify email app, and would be happy to pass along your feedback to our developer team.

Our team is consistently working to improve the app and add functionality to suit our merchants needs, so I'm going to follow up with you with an email, to open up the lines of communication here, in case you have any additional feedback you would like to share with us.

Chinspire Collections

I have issue on this app for so many times. I called and e mail to the support and they always sounds so nice and kind to willing help me solve the issue. But the issue never solve and when I e mail the support again like 5 times and no one get back to me. I am so frustrated and disappointed because I am new here and was SO HAPPY with Shopify and now with not able to e mail to my subscribers, I am losing so many sales. I don't know why NO ONE getting back to me about my e mail marketing issues... AND I am still being bill for the monthly fee... ;(

November 12, 2020

Hey there,

Claire here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us, and sorry to hear of the struggles you were facing. I'm going to follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can see if I can help you any further with getting the app set up and working for your store.

Claire l Shopify

Cap Shield

I was looking forward to using this app. However the 'automation' that Shopify has implemented around campaign success makes it unusable for me. They will not tell you the magic number they deem to high for unsubscribe rates before they will stop your campaign. My campaigns had >1% unsubscribe rates on a shop that wasn't even 4 months old and they told me I should do some maintenance on my subscriber list to avoid being blocked! All the work to build out a campaign and then see that it hasn't been delivered due to 'automation rules' is very frustrating. I will no longer be using this app.

October 7, 2020

Hey there,

Amy here from Shopify. I just wanted to take a minute and thank you for leaving us this valuable feedback. I can completely understand your frustration. Im going to follow up with you via email so I can gather all of your thoughts to ensure this goes directly to our developers.

Amy l Shopify

Darby Scott

Very basic - No ability to automate flows - You cannot add a logo or match to your theme or customize fonts. Shopify promised upgrades months ago it still says new templates coming soon - I guess SOON means in a few years?! sticking with our other email provider for now.

September 28, 2020

Hey there,

Charlotte here from Shopify Support. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Our team is consistently working to improve the app and add functionality to suit our merchants needs. We often times cannot provide exact time-line on when changes or new launches of our products will take place, but rest assured that we always take our merchants feedback seriously when making these plans for the future. I'm going to follow up with you with an email, to open up the lines of communication here, so I can provide your feedback to my team.