Point of Sale

Point of Sale

by Shopify

Unify online and in-person sales.

Alpsport

The most basic functionality required for a serviceable POS system has been removed in the latest version, and is not even available on the Pro plan. Particularly baffling was the decision to remove the ability to create a new product from the POS app. This now has to be done by switching between different apps. When an item doesn't scan and you have a queue of customers waiting, you need to be able to process an ad hoc sale quickly. Shopify's solution is to perform a Custom Sale. Unfortunately, there's no way to allocate a cost to the Custom Sale, either at the time or after the fact, so the system assumes a 100% profit margin. Not good for reporting. If you have a physical shop, steer clear.

Coffin Skate Shop

The old app was so much better, as a store we find it extremely disappointing that Shopify opted to take away the basic retail features from their free app and turn it into an extremely expensive add on. We are now unable to process basic return/exchange transactions in-store without paying for POS Pro which is more than our Shopify plan costs!! Why are we forced to double our plans for basic POS features .. in the middle of the pandemic no less when brick and mortar retailers are struggling the most. As well, there is no middle ground POS plan like the rest of the shopify plans, POS Lite offers next to nothing and leaves us without much choice. I wouldn't recommend anyone signs up for shopify if they want any sort of POS functions. Fix it!

Precision Audio

New update is terrible. Unable to search collections, confusing layout and massively over priced. Shopify please fix!
Looking for alternative.

Soda Pop Bros

First off is you run Android at all (like most of the world does) don't bother with this absolute trash system. The level of glitches and headache you will incur is on another level. At this point I'm looking to move from Shopify entirely as it's one of the worst at every aspect of E-Commerce or POS.

Edit Laser

I was built a shopify store and I selected pro after the free trial but I didnt use it as i dont need it. I tried to cancel and I keep getting charged $89 usd per month. i cant seem to cancel . The help centres and pages make it extremely hard to cancel. Not happy

Gypsyroad Bowral

In the 6 months we have used it
It's been fraught with problem s
At one stage it failed to recognize
All the barcodes in excess of 500 which all had to be replaced
Time and time again it won't recognize the barcodes and or you can't search
For the item
The latest glitch fails to show all the sizes in pos when when they are available online? Which rather defeats
the purpose
It should at least be free until it works
Properly

MODA Venice

A core app for any retail except greedy Shopify wants you to pay a very basic feature: exchanges… Yes, you can’t create an exchange with the free version of this application. Another basic feature that they want you to pay for is to put your own logo on receipts. Also, the app won’t sync your products sometimes.

TU beauty store

1- This POS is not open to use on any device. Only works well with Apple.
2- This POS does not work on Computers.
3- This POS is not customize , taxes are the same that online store. No available to change (taxes online and taxes POS).
4- Stocky is not work in free plan.
5- The idea pos and online as one, is a lie. We must pay online and pay POS too.
6- This POS does not work with all barcode reader. Only few businesses companies.

AURA Fashion

I'm pretty disappointed with Shopify POS since the so called Pos upgrade. In a nutshell I have found nothing to improve my experience with the upgrades. On top of that i'm now paying $90.00 Month more for what I had before. Costs have more than doubled people. I'm feeling shafted by Shopify. Also the live view is a waste of time. I told i have "Live Visitors" but when you click on the map it's impossible to find such a visitor, if there ever was one.
I used to love This platform once. Now I'm actively looking for a better option

ShoeTypes

we are using Shopify POS for 3 years!
the new version 89 $ per branch! too expensive for nothing at all
all this and the exchange for the orders in the new version does not work! What is this nonsense and absurdity?
we sent many notes and complaints
we got the reply Oh wow. Your feedback is excellent and great and we will get back to you shortly!
years pass and the services provided are very weak
after a long wait, it comes to us with an issuance that is more poor and weak than before, with very high fees
the previous version, despite its great weakness and poverty, was better than the new version, which is very bad and with very exaggerated fees
the new version is very poor and bad after long waiting, and we are seriously considering moving to another platform that provides better services and respects the requests of its customers.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7