Point of Sale

Point of Sale

by Shopify

Unify online and in-person sales.

Good Cheese

I'm disappointed we're having to switch over to a paid POS system just to retain the existing functionality offered with the previous App. It wouldn't be so bad if we were getting more value out of it but, none of the features they've introduced are particularly useful in a retail setting. I would happily trade in the ability to customize my home screen for the ability to process refunds in a practical manner. I hesitate to say but, it even appears that we will be losing value from the time it's going to take to parse out all of the nuanced differences and retrain my staff. Navigation in general is not intuitive for users of the previous app. The verbiage has for the most part completely changed and is not in-line with the standards set by other POS systems. The cashout is confusing. All in all, it seems like a product designed by software engineers for software engineers and not retail salespeople. If you are in a situation where you do not need to rely on the Shopify POS for inventory management I would not recommend it. As of 10/17/2020 - Back with more observations... The product search is indexed is completely differently from the previous POS and the shopify online store App. For example: Searching for a popular product we sell called "Delice" now pulls up search results for every single item on our online store with the word "delicate" in the description. For most use cases this sort of thing is probably pretty edge but we have hundreds of SKUs and delicate is a pretty common adjective in the wine/fine food industry. There is also a relatively significant delay in applying tax to the total cost of sales which is leading to a lot of cash out errors during peak periods. Also note none of your configuration from the previous version of the app (such as payment method settings) will carry over. Between the new monthly cost and the time I'm spending retraining/figuring out how to make this version of the POS function at the same level of efficiency as the previous one I'm definitely losing money. Downgrading my review to 1 star. Will be switching as soon as I figure out how to manage my inventory without it.

Little Black Bag

We had POS classic system for years which suited our business perfectly. I recently switched to the POS Pro Trial due to Classic being obsolete soon so I could re-train my staff now Shopify want $89/ month / terminal. WTF I have 4 stores that will cost me a fortune. If they charged $89/ month ONLY I would have signed up but at $356/month US to AUD it's $496/month sorry but absolutely no way. Now I have reverted back to POS Lite and this thing now is totally inadequate for my business they basically ripped all the features out of POS Classic and put it into POS Pro just so you have to pay for it now. Exchange button GONE,
Save the cart GONE. Staff Permissions GONE.
Sorry Shopify you screwed up a very good product just to make more revenue out of small businesses. Unless you revert back I will be serching for a new POS system ASAP.

Spearfishing Online Store | AQUASMITH

Having hard time to reaching out to support team. So many problems with this new POS system, this is just a few of them which are, 1.when we scan the barcode on item, most of times its count as 2 quantity so need to fix quantity all the time. 2. Asking web site adress and password so often, and you need store owner phone number to received one-time password which is not gonna be able to log in without that password. If the owner of store is away, you cant even activate POS. 3. Hard to get support, that is one of reason I needed to leave bad feed back here with little hope to be fixed. This is 7th message to them and got never responded even once. 4. when you review with 1 star, this message keep pops up to bother you.
"Provide some detail about what you did or did not enjoy about using this app. Your comments can help other merchants decide whether to use this app." Isnt this long enough to explain?? Can you at least reach us even once?? So stressfull but keeps on charge $100 plus every month.
5. New POS does not accept 2 payment method in one purchase. Some customers are payng Cash and Credit Card so this is very inconvinient.
I hope you fix all the problem before charge. Thank you !

Lemmons Store

We have used the classic version for several years, it's OK because it was included in the package we use, but does lack features you consider fairly standard in POS, such as better customer account tracking, recalculating transactions after returns, exchanges. The new version promises a lot of things that are of no real benefit to physical retail, doesn't address any of the missing functionality, is VERY VERY glitchy, and is now going to cost more. Simple tasks such as scanning products into the sale are now operations that take 3,4 or 5 different procedures!! The main reason for continuing with it is the syncing of inventory between multiple sales channels and 1 set of stock, but have even had a glitch with the POS finding a product that was in the system! Also the ability to print Tax Invoices in Australia is important for some customers, we have found an app to easily do this, but to our dismay (and the developers) it isn't working completely as it should with the POS, even though it is meant to!

Kens Auto Spares

Really disappointed with this app. It's not for proper business. You cannot edit/change prices, no proper end of day reporting for balancing till. we're now looking for a better provider

ROODKAPJE.NU

I want to remove shopify POS. I clicked around as it said there was a free plan available. Then I filled in a form, and voila, I got a message it cost me 89 USD per month. Now I am trying to find out how to turn it off. This is a very annoying experience. My intention was just to create orders for some visiting friends without the hassle of filling all the shipping addresses.

ProTooling

DO NOT UPGRADE. After upgrading to the "All New" POS it no longer functions correctly. Half of our inventory is not showing up, causing massive issues in store. Shopify have advised (in writing) that this is a known issue affecting multiple merchants. The new version looks cool and has some nice features, it just doesn't work, stick with the old version or look elsewhere

Heroes Welcome Comics & Games

All it does is give me an error message while trying to import my products. Called tech support. Was on the phone with for an hour and they were unable to help. This has been a complete waste of my time. I would give zero stars if it was an option.

Waller BMX

Terrible app. The worst for us being that you cannot increase prices when selling in store and therefore have to give away money. Online prices are usually less due to the overheads. In store we need to charge more and the app doesn't allow you to increase the price thus we lose money on each instore sale. Could be fixed so easily by the guys in tech! SO for me, you get one star.

BODACIOUS | FASHION & ACCESSORIES

When is this POS software also going to work on PC?
We are hungry for this! This should be very easy right?

Previous 1 3 4 5