Point of Sale

Point of Sale

by Shopify

Sell anywhere. Accept any payment. Grow your business.

Blueberí Lane

Don't bother with Shopify or it's point of sale. If something breaks they send you through hoops and redundant test that haven't worked the three other times they had you do it. They avoid replacing their guaranteed products. You are then stuck with a store that can't take credit cards or buy a new one. They were good a years ago, but have fallen. Find another online avenue and find another pos. HORRIBLE. They will just stop answering your emails when they can't fix something. Won't get back to you. Facebook app is a joke. Read before buying into shopify.

Mom's the Word

Skip this POS. There are apps that you can get which will help, but if you want to run a real business, with many SKUs and a staff that cares about numbers and inventory, or, you know, if you care abut these things, skip this for now. It may be ready in a few years, but it doesn't even really integrate with your Shopify Admin. If all you want it for is the occasional pop up it will do you fine, but it's irresponsible of them to sell it as a viable trustworthy, business focused POS at this stage.

King Cobra of Florida

BRAND NEW IPAD PRO AND SHOPIFY POS APP STILL WONT WORK! WHAT IS THE POINT OF HAVING A SEPARATE CHANNEL FOR ONLINE SALES< AND ANOTHER CHANNEL FOR POINT OF SALE IF THE POS APP STILL TRIES TO IMPORT YOUR ONLINE ITEMS!?!?!??! THIS MEANS YOUR ONLINE STORE IS ALSO LIMITED TO 5,000 PRODUCTS EVEN IF YOU MARK THEM UNAVAILABLE IN POS CHANNEL!?!?!?!

Uli Uli Healthy & Delicious Food

It doesn't work with customized products, neither with 99% of the apps of Shopify... So much to improve in this POs to be aligned with website services.
Not recommended at all for restaurant businesses with variety of products and customisable dishes.

And Well Dressed

POS just suddenly stopped working for my retail store and the tech was unable to help. Seems like a terribly unreliable system to depend on for your business.

Gym Culture

Absolutely terrible, and missing so many basic features that should be included in any POS system.

Admin access is required to login to the store, ok not a problem. Except that the app automatically logs out several times a week and requires the admin credentials and password to get back in. There are staff PINs, but they only work once you are logged into the store with an admin account.
There is no way for a POS or limited access account to login. I am rarely at the store, so I have to give all my employees all my login info so they can use the POS app. That's insane! All of my minimum wage, part time employees have full, unrestricted, admin access to all areas of the POS app and online store.

When it does logout, it also loses a lot of information when you log back in. The integrated Moneris terminal for one. Under payment methods, the toggle is turned off by default, and when you turn it on, none of the config setting are saved. You have to get the IP address of the terminal again, input the ECR ID as well as the merchant ID, and reinitialize. This happens every time! I have lost hundreds of dollars in sales from customers coming to the checkout to pay, only to have the terminal not work, and my employees not able to get it running before they get tired of waiting. My employees have called me while I'm at my other business (a restaurant) so I can try and trouble shoot it for them over the phone. During which, I'm losing customers there too! Losing customers at two businesses at the same time because Shopify keeps logging out and losing important information like terminal settings.

Aside from constantly losing me money, it is also useless when trying to remotely manage a business. If you have multiple locations, don't even bother. It doesn't track employee hours, you can't see when employees are clocking in or out, you can't see how much money should be in the till at any given time, how much cash is being deposited etc. You can only check these from the actual physical iPad at that location. Why can you not check these from the admin console instead of me having to physically go to all my store locations to check each individual iPad?

The only reason I migrated my store to Shopify was to have a POS app that synced with my online inventory. What a waste of time.

Black Limba

It only works as an offline solution. It should connect both the online and offline worlds and let you fulfill physical orders from the online warehouse and similar...

Mardina Safiyya

Did not sync with my products on the store. Truly excited at first, but once installed, regret it that much..

Biggs Ltd

This does not work with something most all businesses have, a computer. You read that right. It only works on tablets and phones. We moved our website over to Shopify after talking with their phone support only to find this out after we launched our site. VERY DISAPPOINTING! The duplicate data entry continues for us.

Kc Chiefs Store

Online and POS might as well be from 2 different companies. Other than inventory and customer, they don't behave the same. Couldn't find any Apps from the app store that worked on POS (and if they do, there's no easy way to find the apps that work on both). Their online solution is ok when coupled with the 3rd party apps of the app store but they shouldn't promote themselves as being cross-channel...they're not even close.

Previous 1 3