Point of Sale

Point of Sale

by Shopify

Unify online and in-person sales.

The Yarn Club, Inc

I am disappointed I will now have to pay for features I do not use just to keep the few I do use. Here is a feature I need that is currently not available on PRO but should be.
I cannot partially fulfill an order for in-store pick up. I can if the items are being shipped, but not if the customer is local. If a customer pre orders a holiday item plus adds in stock items to their cart, I cannot fill only the in-stock items and leave the holiday item as partially filled like you can when an item ships.
I am sad Shopify is making the change during our busy season. Please wait until February when retail is slower. I really cannot absorb the additional fees this year. Your timing could be better.

Arova Kitchens & Bathrooms

The campaign has talked enough about the new features of this soon-to-pay brand new POS pro.

Here's something I found that need to be fixed before we are actually charged.

The NEW POS PRO doesn't allow you to add shipping in a quote. Once you add a shipping, you are only allowed to either 'go back' or to 'checkout'.

The NEW POS PRO doesn't show correct staff who sent out the quote. The app requires an account with full permission to sign in and then a staff with restricted permission to log in with their pin. Once a quote is sent out by a staff without full permission, the quote is always linked to the account owner. Once customer pays the quote online, the system attributes the sales to the account owner instead of the staff who actually sent out the quote, causing report issues.

JAX Party Supply and Rental

With shopify being so popular we can't understand how they even get some of the basics incorrect. The POS receipt is a mess for most part. Very limited customization options. Keeps printing city, county, state tax breakdowns all the time instead of a single tax line. Keeps printing credit card processing information at the bottom. Missing , city , state and zip code in address. Contacting support is of no use. Hardware that works on ipad, won;t work on android and if they work, the work differently and have different problems. Even simple things like option to have printed pos receipt customized like email receipt template customization is lacking.

Kitchen Store & More

8/23 Update: Still rating 2 stars due to the amount of development needed. We are functioning, but I would not use this POS if it were not for the website and gift registry ap we use. Staff permissions still needs a significant overhaul. I am happy to say that the receipts have improved. Still no customization option for me as the user, but the developers have removed the "double name" issue. Our largest issue after two months of use though is the return/exchange issue. We still have a separate "old" register to process returns as shopify does not offer a "real world" brick and motar solution for returns/exchanges. The ap needs a manager override return options that allows a "custom return." Inventory can be adjusted after the fact, but it is just not realistic to hunt for a previous order or an order that was processed prior to using shopify. The return option offered may work for brand new businesses who are starting fresh with e-commerce, but it is not functional for established brick and motar expanding to ecommerce. Looking forward to a solution on this major oversight.

June 2020: The POS app has A LOT of room for development such as staff permissions. I should be able to limit who can process a return/refund/exchange or limit the type of discount a staff member can provide. But the top of the list is the physical receipts. I need better customization options. Customers are confused by the way taxes are broken out. My logo which include my store name is top of the receipt to be followed by the same store name that I can't remove is weird. And the receipts are two miles long because I can't edit the font size in the header or footer where I need to list my store's return policy.

Old City Canning Co.

Severely lacks some key functions. Like the ability to program in discounts. Or conditional pricing. The only true benefit is linking to the online store and tracking inventory and sales across sales channels. Otherwise, I'd be using Square, no doubt.

Cate's Concepts, LLC

I'm extremely frustrated with this app. For a year now I keep getting told that it will shortly support Automatic BOGO. A core of my in person business is BOGO and no support. This is not hard to code. It appears they just don't care.

My Christmas

We had been very happy with this app in previous seasons. Our store opened for the new season last week and unfortunately there have been so many issues. My staff have spent hours trying to connect the receipt printer (a known issue I found out later from the shopify forums), and updated all apps and iPads, and finally got the printers working on Thursday to have them stop working on Sunday. We have also found the scanners to work/stop working throughout these 3 days. Finally, we use to open and close a shift on the till but the ability to do this seems to have disappeared and we are not sure why. During this time we have made a call to Shopify (and received some help but not enough to rectify the printer issue) and also sent an email to support and received some assistance but not enough to maintain the printers working. (At this stage we have only requested support for the printer problems, so cannot speak to Shopify's support for the other issues) I am a Shopify fan but am disappointed and concerned about this apps stability moving forward.

Digters

We´re using the app for a year our restaurant business. It´s a retail app and just limited in real use for a restaurant. There´s no table management (the third party app available simply doesn´t satisfies), support is slow, updates are being done without notification and always with some new bugs. It seems there´s no real vision to make this app an ultimate restaurant app.

BOKITTA SYAHERA

In android tablet doesn't support thermal receipt printer. While in ipad just support only few thermal printer.

Dutchwear 2

Not worth using at this point. Lacks way too many basic features and it gets little development love, which seems like a huge missed opportunity for Shopify. Square is hands down better for us.

Previous 1