Point of Sale

Point of Sale

by Shopify

Sell anywhere. Accept any payment. Grow your business.

Old City Canning Co.

Severely lacks some key functions. Like the ability to program in discounts. Or conditional pricing. The only true benefit is linking to the online store and tracking inventory and sales across sales channels. Otherwise, I'd be using Square, no doubt.

Cate's Concepts, LLC

I'm extremely frustrated with this app. For a year now I keep getting told that it will shortly support Automatic BOGO. A core of my in person business is BOGO and no support. This is not hard to code. It appears they just don't care.

My Christmas

We had been very happy with this app in previous seasons. Our store opened for the new season last week and unfortunately there have been so many issues. My staff have spent hours trying to connect the receipt printer (a known issue I found out later from the shopify forums), and updated all apps and iPads, and finally got the printers working on Thursday to have them stop working on Sunday. We have also found the scanners to work/stop working throughout these 3 days. Finally, we use to open and close a shift on the till but the ability to do this seems to have disappeared and we are not sure why. During this time we have made a call to Shopify (and received some help but not enough to rectify the printer issue) and also sent an email to support and received some assistance but not enough to maintain the printers working. (At this stage we have only requested support for the printer problems, so cannot speak to Shopify's support for the other issues) I am a Shopify fan but am disappointed and concerned about this apps stability moving forward.

Digters

We´re using the app for a year our restaurant business. It´s a retail app and just limited in real use for a restaurant. There´s no table management (the third party app available simply doesn´t satisfies), support is slow, updates are being done without notification and always with some new bugs. It seems there´s no real vision to make this app an ultimate restaurant app.

BOKITTA SYAHERA

In android tablet doesn't support thermal receipt printer. While in ipad just support only few thermal printer.

Dutchwear 2

Not worth using at this point. Lacks way too many basic features and it gets little development love, which seems like a huge missed opportunity for Shopify. Square is hands down better for us.

Get12s Com

Everything was working great with it, until it started not charging the correct city tax. I've chatted with Help and everything they told me to try did not work. The city tax on the website is correct, but for some reason it's not carried over to the App. After an event, I have to go in and manually adjust every sale in my accounting software. This is very time consuming obviously. I am now considering another credit card reader, since having the wrong taxes being calculated at a location, despite my every attempt and admins help to fix the situation, doesn't fix the problem. Everything else works fine with it. However, the taxes not calculated correctly is a HUGE deal and cannot be counted on.

Gas City Vapes

So I have one huge complaint about Shopify POS, to me it is almost a deal breaker. When you have multiple employees that have their own login you are able to give them limited permissions which is exactly what should happen but one of the things they are still able to see is your register shifts. Register shifts log your day to day sales and daily profits, why on earth do I want my Employees to see exactly how much my store is making? This should be private information that only I should get to see! Please fix this issue

Bake A Cake 2

I guess this system works best for an online store. For my physical retail store it lacks a lot features Counterpoint POS offers with their basic service.

I will be closing my store with shopify.

Morphe Inc

We specifically moved to Shopify because our old ecommerce did not have a POS component and our POS system was separate from ecommerce. We decided that having both in one was a win win situation. Well, after we moved our website over successfully (SHOPIFY REALLY IS THE BEST ECOMMERCE SOLUTION!!!!), we decided to start tackling the POS side and came to discover it is woefully lacking. For example, I don't want our employees to add any discount code but rather to select from discount codes I pre-create. It doesn't even offer that. Anyone can give any discount they want and word it any name they want. It's cray cray- so in the end, we have decided we love the Shopify website and we love our eCommerce solution so I am actively looking for a way that both of those can integrate rather than using Shopify's POS. I really hope they can make it better and stronger in the long run.

Previous 1