Point of Sale

Point of Sale

by Shopify

Sell anywhere. Accept any payment. Grow your business.

Digters

We´re using the app for a year our restaurant business. It´s a retail app and just limited in real use for a restaurant. There´s no table management (the third party app available simply doesn´t satisfies), support is slow, updates are being done without notification and always with some new bugs. It seems there´s no real vision to make this app an ultimate restaurant app.

BOKITTA SYAHERA

In android tablet doesn't support thermal receipt printer. While in ipad just support only few thermal printer.

Dutchwear 2

Not worth using at this point. Lacks way too many basic features and it gets little development love, which seems like a huge missed opportunity for Shopify. Square is hands down better for us.

Get12s Com

Everything was working great with it, until it started not charging the correct city tax. I've chatted with Help and everything they told me to try did not work. The city tax on the website is correct, but for some reason it's not carried over to the App. After an event, I have to go in and manually adjust every sale in my accounting software. This is very time consuming obviously. I am now considering another credit card reader, since having the wrong taxes being calculated at a location, despite my every attempt and admins help to fix the situation, doesn't fix the problem. Everything else works fine with it. However, the taxes not calculated correctly is a HUGE deal and cannot be counted on.

Gas City Vapes

So I have one huge complaint about Shopify POS, to me it is almost a deal breaker. When you have multiple employees that have their own login you are able to give them limited permissions which is exactly what should happen but one of the things they are still able to see is your register shifts. Register shifts log your day to day sales and daily profits, why on earth do I want my Employees to see exactly how much my store is making? This should be private information that only I should get to see! Please fix this issue

Bake A Cake 2

I guess this system works best for an online store. For my physical retail store it lacks a lot features Counterpoint POS offers with their basic service.

I will be closing my store with shopify.

Morphe Inc

We specifically moved to Shopify because our old ecommerce did not have a POS component and our POS system was separate from ecommerce. We decided that having both in one was a win win situation. Well, after we moved our website over successfully (SHOPIFY REALLY IS THE BEST ECOMMERCE SOLUTION!!!!), we decided to start tackling the POS side and came to discover it is woefully lacking. For example, I don't want our employees to add any discount code but rather to select from discount codes I pre-create. It doesn't even offer that. Anyone can give any discount they want and word it any name they want. It's cray cray- so in the end, we have decided we love the Shopify website and we love our eCommerce solution so I am actively looking for a way that both of those can integrate rather than using Shopify's POS. I really hope they can make it better and stronger in the long run.

Spoil Me Kidz Boutique

The benefit to the Shopify POS is that it integrates your online store with your brick and mortar store and syncs the inventory. This saves a lot of labor time. It is also easy to use and doesn't require much training.

The Cons...

It only works with certain overpriced equipment.

There is no option to exchange an item, which is a pretty standard thing amongst POS systems. You must refund as store credit and then use store credit to purchase the new item. The system does not keep track of the store credit. You only have a receipt to go by. There is nothing to stop the customer from trying to use that store credit again.

You need to use Shopify as the payment gateway otherwise you cannot use their card swiper and will need to process credit cards with a different system (Shopify tech support tells you that you can use any gateway without mentioning the fine print).

It allows employees to discount items up to %100 off without the need of a managers approval. However, it does not allow you to change the price of an item when checking out a customer... only lets you discount. This issue came up when there was a mistake with the price of an item and my employee had no way of correcting it at time of checkout.

The system constantly loses contact with the wireless barcode scanner, card swiper, and receipt printer. You have to restart the POS app to reconnect them while the customers are standing and waiting.

Overall, it is a good system to help keep track of all of your stores and sales. If inventory syncing is not that important for you, there really is no reason to overpay for the Shopify POS.