Point of Sale

Unify online and in-person sales.

Free plan available

• Speed tested: no impact to your online store

Shopify POS app available on iOS and Android devices

Weinberg Shop

Location Germany
Time spent using app Over 1 year

Wir verwenden diese App nun bereits 1 Jahr lang, aber seitdem tut sich wenig bei den Verbesserungen. Das UI könnte viel mehr Anpassungen gebrauchen, z. B. die Größen der Kachel, die UX ist wenig intuitiv. Dazu wird uns seit Wochen immer wieder eingeblendet, dass TSE nicht aktiv ist. Die Z-Bons zeigen selten die richtigen Umsätze, immer wieder fallen Kartenzahlungen hinten runter. Alles in allem leider kein verlässliches System. Wir werden uns eine Alternative suchen

Fusion Tools

The app definitely needs some layout and user interface work. The cart is not accessible from every screen which makes adding and removing items more difficult and require more steps than necessary. When you add an item to the cart, you can only add one item. If you need to change the quantity of any item you have to go back to the menu, go back to the cart then change the quantity. You should just be able to change the quantity before you add the item to the cart. The "Ship to customer" option is only available at the beginning of the sale which is incredibly inconvenient. When my customer decides half way through the sale they'd rather ship instead of carry the items with them. If anything the "Ship to customer" option should be a separate page or section before you check out the customer with a simple toggle switch that enables shipping or pick up. My last complaint is that the bluetooth does not reconnect to the card readers if you walk away from your paired reader. In order to get the readers to reconnect I had to either make the my phone or iPad to forget the device or completely restart my phone or iPad. I gave the app 2 stars because it did perform enough for me to make sales but the overall inconvenience of how the app is laid out made my sales in a fast paced environment more stressful as opposed to helpful. I really hope Shopify updates the app to be more user friendly and streamlined. I'm going to try and use it one more time before the end of the year, and if it's still PITA, I'll defiantly be switching to a different option.

MISH Fashion and Swim

Time spent using app About 3 years

We just updated the app (to version 15.4.1) and while it worked wonderfully prior to the update, we've experienced so many issues with the new app. I've had to delete the app and re-install it twice to try to fix some of the glitches (some are still not fixed). *They changed the counting tool which was so quick and easy to use prior to the update - you could enter the qty of currency and hitting "enter" would bump it to the next section. Now you have touch each line to enter the value, often opening and closing the keyboard to see the next line. *If you enter a first and last name for a new customer, you have to add a phone number or email address to save it. Before you could just add the name and save. (If you just use a first name, you can add a new customer without the extra info).
*Receipts no longer print automatically on returns/exchanges. You have to go through 3 more screens to get to the "print receipt" button when it used to print automatically. While the update on the receipts for exchanges/returns is good, they changed so many other things - and NOT for the better. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Really wishing there was a way to revert back to the older version of the app. The update is really frustrating!

Apex Chassis Wholesale

Time spent using app 21 minutes

We have 2 stores. This app doesn't support multiple stores. THe Shopify help suggestion is to (no kidding) buy a second iPad, even if using PRO at $90 a month. Typical Shopify - very basic functionality. Worse, their tech people don't know this simple answer.

La Liga Soccer

Time spent using app About 6 years

Shopify POS is is not reliable constantly disconnecting in the middle of transactions with customers. Tech support is not readily available and may have to wait days for replies which are lengthy e-mails to troubleshoot. When these issues happen at the POS it is imperative to have immediate help. We have been unable to process transactions sometimes for a whole day. We outsourced a separate merchant processing system to avoid these disruptions. Shopify was reliable and great prior to all the changes to their new plans.

PNW Journey

Time spent using app Over 2 years

We preferred the old app to this one as it had far more features and was easy to use. Plus, it was free. This new version looks slick, but is ultimately unintuitive and vastly lacking in features if you don't pay the exorbitant price for a Pro plan. We do most of our business online and can't justify the Pro plan cost. It's disappointing to have so many features missing for the in-store transactions we do have. Most notably, the ability to do exchanges.

One Fine Secret

Location Australia
Time spent using app Almost 3 years

It does the simple POS work but not sure if it's worth ~$90 charge per month. I recently upgraded to the Pro POS to use a few more functions but if possible, I want to pay for the chargeable functions that I actually use. One critical downside of this app is the search function. The search result is too broad and to find something specific, you need to type the exact product name word by word. If you need to rely on the manual search on POS other than using the scanner, then this app will be very annoying. I don't recommend this to those users but ok for those who want the simple POS functions. Overall, too expensive for what it is.

Locals Surf Shop

Time spent using app About 2 years

IT SEEMS TO ME THAT ALL "PRO" FEATURES SHOULD BE FEATURED ON THE "BASIC" POS. AS MUCH AS I ENJOYED THE EASE OF EXCHANGES ON "PRO" I SWITCHED BACK TO "BASIC". I WILL NOT PAY $90 A MONTH FOR EXCHANGES. ANOTHER FEATURE THAT SHOULD BE IN "BASIC" IS PUTTING A TRANSACTION OF HOLD. I CAN GET TO THE ANALYTICS I NEED AT ANY TIME OFF THE SHOPIFY APP... I DON'T NEED MY EMPLOYEES TO HAVE ACCESS AT THE REGISTER. I LOVE SHOPIFY, BUT IT WAS I LITTLE BIT OF A LET DOWN THAT YOU GUYS TRIED TO CHARGE SO MUCH FOR THESE "UP GRADES" THAT SHOULD BE REGULAR FEATURES OF ANY "POS" SYSTEM. BEST -JIMMY

Venus Envy

We switched to Shopify POS so that we could have more cohesive inventory and data management between our online store and brick and mortar. It's okay, but lacking in some significant areas. Pros: -Fairly intuitive to use/teach staff
-Easy search
-Stocky is overall a good inventory management system, despite a few small complaints Cons:
-No function to honour Status Cards/Tax Exemptions in Canada (which I believe may be illegal in Ontario)
-Unable to edit any product details/add bar codes/adjust stock/change price etc. inside the POS app, which makes a lot more work for managers and creates many issues/errors
-I was told I would have dedicated "set-up support" but it seems that that person's job was just to email me links and direct me to the general help line
-Support staff are unevenly trained - a few times I've called with a specific question and received multiple different answers from different people
-No "Void" function and returns/exchanges are unnecessarily complicated Overall, it doesn't feel like there were many people consulted who actually work in retail. It would be a lot more convenient to stay with Shopify, so I hope it improves.

Cerini Coffee & Gifts

Updated Jan 19 2021:
Changing from 3 stars to 2. Chip reader keeps disconnecting after last update. Contact support, and they think that it's appropriate to remove and reinstall every few days. Totally unexceptable. Should have stuck with my PC based software and hardware. Older review: It's okay, but could be great. A little confusing for staff to understand. Returns are a nightmare. Cannot complete a return if you do not have the original receipt. When exchanging an item you cannot add more than 1 item to the exchange. For example. If someone returns 1 item and wants to buy 2, you would have to do an exchange with 1 item and do an new transaction for the 2nd. Why so complicated? Should be much easier than this.. Our 15 year old POS had more features and made more sense.

Previous 1 3