Point of Sale

Point of Sale

by Shopify

Sell anywhere. Accept any payment. Grow your business.

Lincoln City Gifts

I use this for my POS in my retail store. It works well on everything accept discounts. It will not apply automatic discounts in the POS. I hate this because I know all the programming is there, as it does it in the online store. Why not the POS???

Outdoorstockroom

The app works ok on Android. It is a little bit behind the IOS app. Android is a far superior platform and the apps should have the same funtionality. The Android app is missing grid view for products. There is only a list view which is not very screen efficient. The Android app also doesn't support any of the retail package features. Please fix this as quick as possible. I would like to see a PC version of this app too. That would help when at a trade or craft show. A seller could do everything from a laptop ie take payments, print receipts from full size printer. Right now the only thing I could see is take the order from Android POS app, and print the receipt from the laptop. Seems clunky.

Blayney Sew N More

This is a good app unless you do a quick sale and need a decimal point on the number pad. I have a fabric shop, where customers buy in all sorts of increments and this POS does not work for this. I contacted support about this problem and their advice was to make customers purchase in set increments - I don't think so!!! I will be cancelling this app.

Ohmme

Pretty much useless. If you are a serious retailer this will not do. Can work for a trade show or two. It does not do any communicating with payment methods, so it is basically the equivalent of using a clipboard to record sales. Only with those you can do exchanges.

Helios Junks

*This app had an update which fixed several of my major issues with it, so I've revived this review*

This is a solid and much needed addition to the Shopify platform. Its very usable, it requires almost no training to figure it out, is easily integrated into the store. I think the layout could have a few tweaks to make it more seamless (refreshing the selected collection when you start a new order and perhaps making it easier to select collections for example) but overall its pretty fast to use, and wont cause much of a headache.

There are a few reasons why I haven't given this a higher rating, firstly is that its expensive. We already pay a premium price for backend hosting of our store, really this is a $49 a month fee simply to process offline transactions. Really its a premium price for a basic product.

The app has some limitations, reports on the app are non existent, other than a sales tally. That means you have no way of knowing how many of a particular product has been sold, how much you've made each hour, how much from different collections you've sold. Theres a lot of useful information that you should have access to on the fly, but you don't unless you use the computer interface.

The use of printers/ scanners and till drawers is limited to only very specific models. This no doubt makes the installation of the physical POS assets easy and very reliable, however unless you live in North America the receipt printers and till drawers aren't really readily available, so you have to buy a more expensive version off eBay, which is disappointing. Even the inclusion of AirPrint would be very welcome.

The ability to see product descriptions in the app would also be useful, often if you sell a large amount of products, someone might have a questions which you cant readily answer, but having that information available to you would be very useful.

Ultimately its very useful. It is a real timesaver when it comes to updating quantities manually which is really its most redeeming feature. I don't think its quite equal to the $600 a year price you have to pay, its not really a complete system yet, but I suspect it might be after a few big updates.

Head 2 Brain

I wonder if shopify is interested in manipulate Multiple Inventory and also Store Transfers! This would be really helpful! The User experience is great! you need to work more on the inventory stuff!

Michell Elaine

It seems great and may work for my mobile sales. The issue I have is that Stripe takes a week to deposit funds into the account. I would of like to see Square used as they deposit funds within 24 hrs or on the next business day. For a small business that is mobile a week is just too long to get paid.

epanal

This app has a lot of potential. But if Shopify truly wants to go global, then you need to allow any payment gateway of the customer's choice to be used. I understand that Shopify wants to get into the transaction fees of the CC processing, but hey you are already getting another $49 a month per store location for this app! Besides, Shopify payments are not available typically outside the USA/Canada. This app has great shopping cart views making it perfect for customer interaction as well. In fact, in future updates I might suggest a locked customer view which would turn an iPad into a mobile kiosk where customers could search for product deals on sale and other combined discounts that might be running in the shopify store.