Shopkeeper Gift Cards

Shopkeeper Gift Cards

by Shopkeeper Tools

Take your gift cards from blah to beautiful

Hats Scarves and More

This gift card completely sucks!! I have the pro version and I did not realize until now that it does not send the gift card to the recipient! WTF? It sends the card to the purchaser and they have to forward it to the giftee. What's the point in buying a gift card for someone if the app doesn't send it to them? I'm cancelling and looking for another one.

March 8, 2021

Thank you for your review. As we confirmed in a June 2020 email exchange, our app does not send separate email notifications to recipients. We try to make this as clear as possible on all of our marketing materials, but are always looking for ways to make that clearer.

Our app also does not add the ability to collect a recipient email address. Only the purchaser's email is collected as part of the normal Shopify checkout process, so we would not have any way to notify the recipient.

We do offer a separate app, called Gift Card Scheduler, for merchants who want to add this functionality to their store. For privacy and security, we still collect this after the purchase is complete as part of the standard Shopify email notification.

Body Honour

I am very impressed with the superior customer service that comes along with the use of this app. The free plan is a great option to get started, I am certain that I will upgrade to a pro plan or more. I highly recommend this app! :)

November 14, 2020

Thanks for the great review! If anything else is needed feel free to contact us directly. Thank you!

SoWierd

This app does not work. I am using Shopify basic plan and I know that Shopify only has allowed to include gift cards in the advanced plans. But with the covid-19 outbreak it has changed to all memberships, including the free one should be able to add gift cards. The free membership of Shopkeeper is purposefully made complicated to work only for people with coding knowledge. In my case, I do code but after following all the steps it does not work and on top of it I see an error in the preview page as well. NOT GOOD WITH FREE PLAN AT ALL. I was thinking of upgrading to paid membership after trying the free membership but with the quality of this app, I would not do so.

December 16, 2020

Sorry to hear you were not able to get up and running with our app. Our install process is only a few steps for most stores and themes, but we understand there might be challenges along the way. We're always happy to take care of installation for store owners! If you'd like to try the app again, feel free to contact us via the support link on the app listing page for free installation.

The Harbour Bookshop

We were upgrading our website to cope with having to close our physical shop and needed an effective gift card product. The Shopify Gift Card currently doesn't allow a buyer to email the gift card directly to the recipient so we chose the Shopkeeper Gift Cards to upgrade the experience.

We are very pleased with the gift cards and the outstanding customer service. Jim set everything up for us and has offered tweaks so that it matches the theme and look of our website. He really went above and beyond to help us. We wholeheartedly recommend this app.

Japanese Green Tea Shops

I’m not much for writing reviews as we each have our own experience based on what we expect and the kind of service we get.

If you’ve upgraded your Shopify plan to include gift cards, then you’ve probably already figured out how useless it is! You can’t even send a gift card to another person as is. (They call this a gift card??)

I tried to come up with some easy to understand way (for my customers) to purchase a gift card and send it to the intended person. I tried almost every available app and finally decided to try this one.

Out of the box, this app is easy to install and get working. It is very impressive just as it is. If you are like me, and want perfection then you’ll probably want to do a little customization to make it match with your store. (You can do this yourself in the settings, but a little knowledge of HTML, CSS, liquid and snippets would really be helpful). Unfortunately this is something I have not even come close to mastering! This is where the “service” needs to be mentioned.

Having a custom theme presented a few out of the ordinary problems. I contacted the app developer Jim, and he went out of his way to customize the look just exactly as I wanted it. I guess we would all expect that much, but Jim went the extra step and did some theme customization to solve a problem I had with the customer being able to add the gift card to the shopping cart without doing the (simple) card customization intended (choosing “to”, “from” and writing a personal “message”.

I am very pleased with the way this app performs and the very nice feature it adds for my customers.

I give this app 5 stars without hesitation. I give Jim 10 stars for providing one of the most pleasant experiences I have ever had when purchasing an app from the Shopify App Store.

If YOU want to give YOUR customers that extra something special, this app will surly increase your customer satisfaction.

Thank you for the awesome app and service

ThirdLove

Easy to use and great Support! They responded very quickly after solving a small communication problem.

vermontapron.com

Added this app and its exactly as described, the support was the best I have ever had. Absolutely recommend this.

Mylkfoodstore

What a great App. Jim installed the pro version on my website in less than 30 minutes, it's a really great addition to our gift vouchers and really easy for the customer to use.

Snazzy Gourmet

As described and easy for our customers to use. Excellent support too! Definitely worth checking out if you are on the Shopify plan or above.

Cuffed.com.au

It's the app we've been looking for and serves the purpose. Jim went the extra mile for us and we appreciate it. All the best, Jim!

Previous 1 3