ShopKeeper Gift Cards

ShopKeeper Gift Cards | Reviews

by ShopKeeper

Take your gift cards from blah to beautiful

Hats Scarves and More

This gift card completely sucks!! I have the pro version and I did not realize until now that it does not send the gift card to the recipient! WTF? It sends the card to the purchaser and they have to forward it to the giftee. What's the point in buying a gift card for someone if the app doesn't send it to them? I'm cancelling and looking for another one.

March 8, 2021

Thank you for your review. As we confirmed in a June 2020 email exchange, our app does not send separate email notifications to recipients. We try to make this as clear as possible on all of our marketing materials, but are always looking for ways to make that clearer.

Our app also does not add the ability to collect a recipient email address. Only the purchaser's email is collected as part of the normal Shopify checkout process, so we would not have any way to notify the recipient.

We do offer a separate app, called Gift Card Scheduler, for merchants who want to add this functionality to their store. For privacy and security, we still collect this after the purchase is complete as part of the standard Shopify email notification.

SoWierd

This app does not work. I am using Shopify basic plan and I know that Shopify only has allowed to include gift cards in the advanced plans. But with the covid-19 outbreak it has changed to all memberships, including the free one should be able to add gift cards. The free membership of Shopkeeper is purposefully made complicated to work only for people with coding knowledge. In my case, I do code but after following all the steps it does not work and on top of it I see an error in the preview page as well. NOT GOOD WITH FREE PLAN AT ALL. I was thinking of upgrading to paid membership after trying the free membership but with the quality of this app, I would not do so.

December 16, 2020

Sorry to hear you were not able to get up and running with our app. Our install process is only a few steps for most stores and themes, but we understand there might be challenges along the way. We're always happy to take care of installation for store owners! If you'd like to try the app again, feel free to contact us via the support link on the app listing page for free installation.

Yoga Democracy

No support. Even their submit a ticket option doesn't work. What a waste of time. Never functional.

May 7, 2020

Sorry to hear about your experience. Our support links should have all provided an easy way to get in touch. It looks like we did get a request from you later and were able to communicate with you and hopefully resolve the issue. If you still need help, you can email us directly at support@shopkeepertools.com.

Boss Beauty Boutique

"In order for our app to work properly you must be a Shopify Professional User.

To take full advantage of our App please upgrade your Shopify store"

I have a basic plan so this is bogus, thanks for nothing, really :) -_-.

May 7, 2020

Sorry for any confusion. We try to be as clear as possible that our app works with the existing Shopify gift card functionality as you noted.

Mbkplanners

Horrible interface for customers to use. Hard to select which cards to let my customers choose from, and 99% of the card designs are not cute. Great idea but a total fail at making it work.