ShopSync

ShopSync

by ShopSync

Connect your store with Mailchimp

Handmade by Jenn LLC

Their customer service is not worth paying for. They were not able to help me with anything MailChimp related.

July 2, 2020

Hi there, here at ShopSync we can answer all of your questions regarding our application. We are not affiliated with Mailchimp and are unable to provide support for their app or how to use Mailchimp.

We're sorry to pass you off, but you can reach out to their excellent customer service team over at https://mailchimp.com/help/. You should be able to chat with them and take things from there.

We'd greatly appreciate an updated review reflecting the experience with ShopSync's capabilities and what it is designed to do.

Cooper's Treats

I left it for a week and it never actually synced my customers (of which there were only 10). I got an email from ShopSync asking me to review, so I responded and explained the issue, but I didn't get a response. So yeah, totally broken with no support. Definitely don't bother.

June 29, 2020

At the moment, we see your store connected and sending data, with transactions pushing over to Mailchimp as recent as in the last hour. If the problem persists, don't hesitate to contact us for further troubleshooting at support@shopsync.io.

K-Lee Designs

Was easy to set up and works great!
Only have abandoned cart automations which seems to be working.
No problems so far.
Thanks for being free :)

Alce Nero Shop

Easy to use but double opt-in doesn't seems to work. Even if activated, the users are automatically subscribed without confirmation.

Skin Perfect Brothers

I tried to install it, I read the reviews, did everything I could to make this app work. But in the end, it just keeps telling me to click on the button and refresh or install it again from the app. Still doesn't work. Spent so much time on this. this is a very inconvenient app.

June 16, 2020

Hi there, thank you for the feedback. We saw your review and it sounds like your issue may be related to a browser caching issue or just a temporary problem with Shopify's app store. We'd suggest clearing your cookies/cache or trying another browser entirely. If the problem persists, don't hesitate to contact us for further troubleshooting at support@shopsync.io.

Baddie All Night

This app is great! So far I like it. I use it to integrate my MailChimp account with my Shopify store since the Mailchimp app isn’t offered on the Shopify app store anymore

Brutal Art

Installation Is easy and the initial sync is working, however impossible after to sync any new entry except if I am forcing new sync.
The most frustrating issue is to have to pay to access support to solve the issus

Keyport

We got Shopify up and running pretty quickly, and it works very fluidly with MailChimp, updating it almost immediately. When we had a couple of challenges with a complex migration from another ecommerce platform, Ryan was extremely helpful and stayed with us for quite a while to ensure we got everything migrated and syncing correctly. Very happy so far!

TAJ Fabrications

Have wasted HOURS of my life trying to set this up now. Very frustrating! No matter what i do this will not work. Try deleting cookies and cache, different browsers, different devices, incognito tabs, made a new mailchimp account, uninstalled and reinstalled shopsync many times now and nothing I do will allow me to sync my mailchimp.

May 27, 2020

Winternational.co.uk

I have mostly enjoyed using this app and it is very helpful to be able to keep using Mailchimp. However this app has one huge flaw. I have learned after a year of using it, that it unsubscribes your most engaged followers and purchasers when they purchase from your store. That is unless they re-tick your receive emails button.

Why would a customer who knows they receive your emails sign up again? I wouldn't do that...we all want smaller inboxes these days and so you would not do it. We use Mailchimp so our customers will have used a double opt in at sign up and they also have an unsubscribe button with each marketing email they receive. I think we cover the issue correctly, so it seems that this is over zealous interpretation of the situation.

So as it stands I may lose the ability to contact customers who have previously signed up for our emails because of this system. I have seen other comments on this topic in the reviews.

Please help Shopsync, thank you as your app is moslty great but this is really affecting our ability to communicate with regular purchasers and it takes way less money and time and effort to covert someone who has previously purchased from us. We are advised to concentrate on selling to existing customers as well as new ones. Thank you so much!

May 11, 2020

Hi there, thank you for the feedback. The problem here is more complicated than it seems with repeat customers. When Shopify sends the order to us via their API, we can only see their marketing status at the time of the most recent checkout. We have to take that as "the truth" at that moment and apply logic to the submission into Mailchimp.

We would hope that repeat customers would always want to remain opted in, but obviously, that's not realistic. For example, maybe a customer signs up for a promo and decides on their next checkout, they no longer want to be on your list. Unfortunately, there's no great way for us to know what the customer's intentions are other than taking what Shopify gives us at that time.

The happy medium in this situation is to mark them as Transactional in Mailchimp if they do not opt-in at checkout the next time around. That way, you can still trigger abandoned carts, order updates, etc. We made this update in December of last year. You can see version v1.1.4 rolled out on the 20th that now works in the manner described on our changelog: https://shopsync.io/changelog.

If it's permitted in your country, you could consider pre-selecting the opt-in box. You would need to check with your local regulatory agencies to see if that's something that is allowed.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 31 32