ShopSync

ShopSync

by ShopSync

Connect your store with Mailchimp

SMITH&SMITH

I can't rate the App yet because despite following every instruction (i was previously linking straight from Shopify-Mailchimp), and despit ShopSync saying everything is linked, and despite Mailchimp saying 'everything is working okay', I still cant get the mailchimp subscribe pop up box campaign to appear on my site. I don't mind teething issues installing Apps, but the service response time is really poor, as is the quality of the replies. I would have expected to be able to chat in real time, but only email with 2-3 day lag is possible. I was expecting - given you have to pay for their service option, that someone would have volunteered to jump in to my Shopify stiore, to review code, and fix for me. As is, service has been really really poor. I'm giving them another 48 hours to resolve otherwise I'll find another solution.

I'll provide an update here if/when I get one.

January 22, 2020

Update 1/24/20: We have replied back to your last message noting the steps we have taken to troubleshoot. Turns out, it appears that there is a conflict with the script that loads your pop-up forms versus other scripts loading on the site.

Troubleshooting script conflicts is not something that we do here at Shopsync, but it should be relatively easy to resolve with the assistance of a web developer. Once that is resolved, pop-ups will work as expected.

---

Hello, we've replied to your questions the same day with instructions on how to troubleshoot your pop-up forms. Perhaps our replies are landing in your spam filter? Also, we see you are located in Australia, so there may be some lag in communications. We do not offer 24-hour support at this time but rest assured we have replied to each of your questions.

Please double-check your inbox/spam folder when you get a moment; getting your pop-ups to show is a common problem that can usually be addressed by unpublishing your existing pop-ups in Mailchimp and then republishing. Also, be sure to follow their migration guide to ensure everything else works correctly: https://mailchimp.com/help/switch-shopify-shopsync/#Migrate_Your_E-commerce_Automations.

Let us know if you are unable to resolve your issue, we'll be happy to assist.

Texture Clothing

It's recommended that you do not have the automatic 'add to mailing list' box check on the payment page. It took me about 9 months to realize that ShopSync had been switching my customers to "non subscribe" when they made a purchase, because that box was unchecked. Because of this, Mailchimp omitted hundreds of my good, long time customers from my mailings. I have now switched to Klaviyo.

Chileanwines

Really we need pay to try connect with chat support ? Yo need improve your service if you want offer a good product.

January 23, 2020

Hi there, yes, if you would like to chat with us directly, we ask for a nominal fee of $5/mo. to help cover customer support, development and server costs. You may cancel anytime.

We're typically available M-F from 9 to 3 pm ET; if for any reason we're not around during those hours, feel free to drop us a note and we'll get right back to you. Also, we have an extensive knowledgebase available 24/7 that can address most questions about ShopSync.

Happy to help anytime, just let us know.

Retropilot

There is one significant flaw that you should be aware of before you install and use this app.

Let's say my email is james@gmail.com. I make a purchase for my friend, Mark. The shipping address name is Mark Smith. The billing address name is James Johnson. The app will sync the SHIPPING name to my email (james@gmail.com).

This means when I go to send a newsletter to james@gmail.com and use personalisation in the email, it will say "Hi Mark!" - when my name is actually James.

Shopsync support confirmed this is a known flaw. If you want to use personalisation in your email marketing, you must be aware that this app will 'corrupt' your mailing list by mixing up names.

This might not be an issue for you if your customers only ever ship to themselves.

January 17, 2020

HI Retropilot, thank you for sharing this feedback. After seeing the scenario you described, we dug into the issue deeper and it turns out this is a known Shopify bug, not anything with ShopSync. Here is a response from their support team we received:

"It looks like this is a frustration that more than a few merchants have brought to us. Currently, when a customer account is created Shopify sets the default address as the shipping address instead of the billing address. If the customer put in a new shipping address this would be taken to be the new default address as well. There is no way for the merchant to make this change on their own and to make that change our devs would need to do something system-wide to adjust it to be billing first instead of shipping. The only workaround currently is the laborious process of editing a customer's default address after their account is created."

The good news is that Shopify is aware of the problem and it looks like they will be working to address the issue in the future. Thank you for using ShopSync and let us know if you have any other questions.

Daria Day

I tried to contact shopSync for help with syncing orders and shipping details. No reply. Not impressed. I will update my review if and when I hear back from support.

UPDATE: Heard back from them and got the answer. Thank you! updated my review to reflect this.great app

January 8, 2020

Hi there, we got your question over the weekend and responded first thing on Monday the 6th. Perhaps the response went to spam? The question we have on file was a general use-case around the app, if there's a particular problem we can clarify please let us know at support@shopsync.io, we'll be happy to help.

Currently, we see your store as synced and processing data in real-time.

Oxy-Angel

I want to ask, why tags not sync to mailchimp. I will update this review and possible upgrade our subscription if tags problem will be addressed.

January 7, 2020

Update 1/23/20: The tagging feature is now live! Here's more information about getting started with it: https://support.shopsync.io/features/tag-mapper.

Please let us know if you have any questions. If this helps you out with your marketing efforts, please consider updating your review.

Hi there, thank you for the review. Tags are on their way :) Due to the Holidays we've been a little less active with our releases than normal. We hope things will be shipped in the next few weeks.

In the interim, could you use Mailchimp's segmentation features to isolate and target your users?

Halo2go

I would have loved to know this app worked with my old Mailchimp account. Never got info from Shopify about that. Just tired it last week and their customer support was awesome. Nice to see support teams switched on and look forward to using the app!

Radhica

Love it. This is an easy solution to sync customer information to Mailchimp. Special thanks to their caring support, who went the extra mile to help us with a temporary sync issue on our store. Highly recommended!

Pea Shoots Consignment

I had to uninstall this app because the code was affecting my theme, After months of some customers not being able to view my site correctly on mobile and contacting everyone under the sun for help, I finally uninstalled each app one by one on my website, getting my customers to test the site each time. all problems cleared up once shopSync was uninstalled and my site has been fine ever since. It's a shame since I really liked ShopSync and can't afford something like klavio

December 9, 2019

Hi Pea Shoots, we saw your review and wanted to reach out. We checked into our helpdesk and only saw one ticket back in August we replied to the same day regarding another question. Were you contacting Mailchimp for help? Or ShopSync? We want to make sure something didn't get caught up in our SPAM filter.

Regardless, we looked at your store, and it appears that the legacy Mailchimp app and ShopSync are still installed. The old Mailchimp integration has been deprecated (not supported) for quite some time, and there's a good chance things won't work as expected if you have both ShopSync and the legacy Mailchimp app running.

As for ShopSync affecting your theme, that would not be a function of the app. We'd recommend first to uninstall the legacy Mailchimp app and ShopSync. Next, verify in the Mailchimp "Connected Sites" area that your store is removed. Lastly, install ShopSync again. We're confident that things will work as expected after those steps are completed.

Let us know if you still encounter any problems. You may reach us anytime at support@shopsync.io.

Green Man Grooming Co

We have had this synced since October, we are about to launch and found it is not integrated with MailChimp. Mailchimp says it is, but ShopSync says it isn't even though it was previously.
When clicking connect to sync the store again it takes me to login with MailChimp, after that the window disappears, the app flashes and goes back to the original screen and doesn't do anything.
Scrolling to the bottom of the page to contact support and the page has a sad face with "this server is being block by an extention on it"

Now we aren't synced with MailChimp even though we have been prepared for over a month...

December 16, 2019

Hi there, thank you for the feedback. We saw your review and it sounds like your issue may be related to a browser caching issue or just a temporary problem with Shopify's app store. We'd suggest clearing your cookies/cache or trying another browser entirely.

At the moment, we see your store connected and sending data, with transactions pushing over to Mailchimp as recent as in the last hour. If the problem persists, don't hesitate to contact us for further troubleshooting at support@shopsync.io.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 29 30