ShopSync

ShopSync

by ShopSync

Connect your store with Mailchimp

Pea Shoots Consignment

I had to uninstall this app because the code was affecting my theme, After months of some customers not being able to view my site correctly on mobile and contacting everyone under the sun for help, I finally uninstalled each app one by one on my website, getting my customers to test the site each time. all problems cleared up once shopSync was uninstalled and my site has been fine ever since. It's a shame since I really liked ShopSync and can't afford something like klavio

December 9, 2019

Hi Pea Shoots, we saw your review and wanted to reach out. We checked into our helpdesk and only saw one ticket back in August we replied to the same day regarding another question. Were you contacting Mailchimp for help? Or ShopSync? We want to make sure something didn't get caught up in our SPAM filter.

Regardless, we looked at your store, and it appears that the legacy Mailchimp app and ShopSync are still installed. The old Mailchimp integration has been deprecated (not supported) for quite some time, and there's a good chance things won't work as expected if you have both ShopSync and the legacy Mailchimp app running.

As for ShopSync affecting your theme, that would not be a function of the app. We'd recommend first to uninstall the legacy Mailchimp app and ShopSync. Next, verify in the Mailchimp "Connected Sites" area that your store is removed. Lastly, install ShopSync again. We're confident that things will work as expected after those steps are completed.

Let us know if you still encounter any problems. You may reach us anytime at support@shopsync.io.

Green Man Grooming Co

We have had this synced since October, we are about to launch and found it is not integrated with MailChimp. Mailchimp says it is, but ShopSync says it isn't even though it was previously.
When clicking connect to sync the store again it takes me to login with MailChimp, after that the window disappears, the app flashes and goes back to the original screen and doesn't do anything.
Scrolling to the bottom of the page to contact support and the page has a sad face with "this server is being block by an extention on it"

Now we aren't synced with MailChimp even though we have been prepared for over a month...

Wolf Trail Market

I started using ShopSync to integrate Mail Chimp with Shopify in order to streamline my email marketing and the app did do what it was supposed to thus far. It integrated all my contacts and products with Mail Chimp and I was able to create email campaigns right away.... However, there is one glaring issue that I found, the ShopSync app does not differentiate between published (part of a Shopify Collection/ on a sales channel) products and products that are not published (not in a collection or part of a sales channel) on Shopify. This is a huge issue because if you run a store and you want to keep older products hidden from customers in the back-end of your store so that they can be re-released at a later date, for example seasonal items, ShopSync will see every product as available and as such add every product to Mail Chimp emails as part of automatically generated featured products sections regardless of whether that product is actually still available or visible on your store. This problem in turn leads your customers to products that are not available yet or available anymore and they get an oops... page and a button to continue shopping if the customer clicks the link. I would give a higher review rating if this worked properly and ShopSync was not able to see hidden products. Please fix this. Thank you.

November 26, 2019

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to describe the problem you're experiencing. Currently, you're right; ShopSync is engineered to send all product data over to Mailchimp no matter if it's a published product or not in Shopify. We have good intentions for doing so; let me explain why:

- If we didn't send all product data over on the sync, your order information would not be complete.
- If you were to try to create campaigns based on past (product) order history, for example, you would not be able to target relevant customers who qualified for those product purchases.
- Reporting information would be off in Mailchimp for product sales.

Those reasons alone are why many customers use ShopSync. But, we also understand your use-case and how that could negatively impact your marketing efforts with the situation you've described - especially if you were to rely on Mailchimp to dynamically populate recommended products for your campaigns.

With that said, the recommended products are not a function of what ShopSync has control over in Mailchimp. Mailchimp uses its proprietary algorithms to display recommended products for automations/campaigns. As mentioned, if we didn't pass all the product data to them, it would cause many downstream issues for other users.

We wish we had more control over the recommendations in Mailchimp, but we do not. In the interim, you may want to manually add recommended products to campaigns or reach out to Mailchimp's excellent product support team to see if they could somehow filter those (unavailable) products from their recommendations engine in the future.

COHERE and THERE

I can't even get on the page within Shopify to upgrade to get help because it isn't recognizing me and I am the only administrator. Where am I to get help?
Also - re the removing the opt-in at checkout and making a comment on the page to ask customers to re-check the opt-in - - shopify doesn't let you edit the content in the cart at all from what I understand.

November 26, 2019

Hi there, we looked into your account and it appears you have connected your store to Mailchimp and things are syncing as expected. We see the recent activity of data submissions over to your audience even in the last hour.

Is it possible your review is related to an issue you had that was resolved or something else entirely? If you still need help, please reach out to our support team at support@shopsync.io and we'll be glad to help.

Silulo Online Store

I can not install, I'm stuck. It says turn cookies off and then does nothing fter that.

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP.

November 13, 2019

Hi there, if you are running into browser issues loading ShopSync please follow this FAQ: https://support.shopsync.io/using-shopsync/syncing-information#troubleshooting-the-initial-sync.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, please reach out to support@shopsync.io.

Cecilie Okada Design

As of November 1, 2019 you have to force to sync with Mailchimp. So if you have a small members, you can use it to sync when the customers are not active.

November 11, 2019

Hi there, we saw your review and wanted to respond. You do not need to execute a "force" sync for the app to work properly; ShopSync works quietly in the background as you gather new signups and get orders on your site.

I looked into our support area and do not see any tickets with your store URL attached to it. Feel free to reach out to us if you have questions or visit our FAQ's, we'll be glad to help.

The Tank Museum

This app has one major flaw - it unsubscribes your most engaged followers when they purchase from your store, unless they re-tick your receive emails button. They are aware of this and don't see it as a big issue, however it requires a lot of admin to manually undo it.

November 11, 2019

Thanks for getting in touch about the association between pop-up form subscribers and customers who are being unsubscribed at checkout later - there are a few things in play here. Let me take the opportunity to explain the issue in its entirety.

As things are designed currently, the pop-up form is triggered by Mailchimp, and the opt-in feature at checkout of your Shopify store function independently from one another. The pop-up form is triggered by Mailchimp and associates it with a particular Audience. Meanwhile, your Shopify store connects customers at checkout with the same MailChimp Audience.

Unfortunately, in some situations, it can create a subscriber status that is out of alignment. For example, if someone opts-in to a pop-up form initially, but later they do not opt-in at checkout, it would indeed unsubscribe them from Mailchimp.

We understand how this situation may not be ideal in all cases, but, we're following the directives of the customer at checkout. Since we are not seeing them subscribed in Shopify at the time of the transaction, we really have no other choice but to pass that user as unsubscribed to Mailchimp.

I'm sorry we don't have a perfect answer for this particular scenario, but please understand it's not the app entirely at fault here. Perhaps, a workaround for these edge-cases would be to put some text on the checkout page to encourage users to opt-in for certain communications?

Don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have additional or follow-up questions.

MoonGlowCandle

Worked to connect mailchimp without issues. Worked to connect mailchimp without issues. Worked to connect mailchimp without issues.

Sampleoidzmerch

great app, workes a treat, I have set up abandoned cart emails using MailChimp and this app

onlinemarkat

it took time to work as expected but the support team was very helpful and patient to get it work , thank you

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 28 29