ShopSync

ShopSync

by ShopSync

Connect your store with Mailchimp

Bolt Fabric Boutique

We have experienced the same horrific issue of repeat customers getting booted from our email list if they do not continually opt in with each transaction, and if we don't continually opt in for them when checking them out via the Shopify POS. This is such a costly "glitch." I see your response and that Shopify is supposedly looking into this. But, this response has been posted for months. Is there really no fix yet from Shopify?

DaVallia

After an existing subscribed customer buys anything, it changes that subscriber in Mailchimp to a "Transactional Only" customer. Been a nightmare to resolve and re-add all of our great customers.

June 17, 2021

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. After extensive testing, we've figured out how this could be happening after finding a bug in Shopify during checkout. We've been in contact with their technical team, and they have acknowledged this is a glitch on their end. They are working hard to deploy a fix for this problem.

Here's why you are having the previous subscribers moved to unsubscribed (or transactional).

1. Let's say jim@gmail.com checks out in your store and opts out of marketing on their first checkout. In Shopify, this customer is NOT subscribed at this point.
2. Later on, you decide to connect ShopSync with an existing Mailchimp Audience.
3. jim@gmail.com IS currently subscribed in Mailchimp in this example - perhaps you gathered their email address previously via another platform or curated them from a pop-up/landing page or social media.
4. With ShopSync now connected, jim@gmail.com comes back to place an order for the second time, and this time they opt-in at checkout.
5. Here's the bug...Shopify doesn't update that customer to be subscribed to marketing on the second order.
6. Because the user is still deemed to be opted out of marketing, Shopify passes this information to Mailchimp as unsubscribed; if they don't complete the checkout, they would be marked as transactional.

The only workaround we can advise is to resubscribe the customer via the Shopify admin manually. This action will POST a customer update to Mailchimp with the correct subscriber status to your Audience.

Thanks again for the feedback, but please understand the unsubscribe behavior is not because of ShopSync specifically. Because of the bug, any app listening to a customer update from Shopify would pass the wrong information at this point on the customer's marketing status.

We don't have visibility into Shopify's product release or bug fix roadmap, but I'm happy to reach back out directly when this issue is patched. In the interim, please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

entgiftungsprogramm

Worked great. No Problems. Easy setup. Quickly done. The initial synchronization was completed within 15 minutes. Thank you for offering this extension for free.

Hamper Warehouse

I used this app to enable me to measure results of traffic moving between our newsletter and our Hamper Warehouse Shopify page. I can see clearly the interaction between the 2. The install process was quick and easy.

TwoLips.vip

I've used this app since the old Shopify Mailchimp App was discontinued. Everything has worked ok until I discovered that the synch process is 2 way, with new subscribers on Mailchimp being added to Shopify as draft customers. This is ok but if you capture address fields in Mailchimp forms, this data vanishes in Mailchimp after data synching with Shopify. So any lead generation I want to do via Mailchimp becomes very complex and I have to turn off ShopSync so that address fields remain stored in Mailchimp. Would hope the devs look into this issue because it's not ideal. Aside from our very techinical issue, we really can't do without this app.

Head2ToeEssentials

app is giving cache issue by mistake audience was coming which did not below to my store in mailchimp

Moon Goddess Gifts

This app does not work and is faulty. It changed my default theme color to black, until I removed it. Also, forms did not work.

May 28, 2021

Hi there, thank you for the feedback but is this review for ShopSync? We don't modify anything with Shopify themes; our app simply connects your store with Mailchimp. We've also checked our support desk and don't see any tickets in there related to the issue as described

If you're certain that it is related to installing ShopSync, we're happy to dig in deeper and figure out how this could be happening. Please reach out to us anytime at support@shopsync.io.

Planet Health Australia

DO NOT USE THIS APP. If I could give 0 stars I would! We installed this app for 2 of our site migrations and it has malfunctioned on both. Despite the developers saying that they fixed the issue last year, the app is still unsubscribing anyone who repurchases and was already subscribed, therefore hasn't opted in again at checkout (why would they if they're already signed up). We have lost many of our most valuable subscribers due to this app, beware.

Vitus Wholefoods

DO NOT USE THIS APP. If I could give 0 stars I would! Despite the developers saying that they fixed the issue last year, the app is still unsubscribing anyone who repurchases and was already subscribed, therefore hasn't opted in again at checkout (why would they if they're already signed up). We have lost many of our most valuable subscribers due to this app, beware.

May 28, 2021

Hi there, this looks to be a duplicate review; please see our response and let us know if you have any follow-up questions. Give us a shout anytime at support@shopsync.io.

Cobb Grill Canada

Really grateful for this app! Keeps me connected to ol Mailchimp. This is really great for a free product. Thank you
www.mycobb.ca