ShopSync

ShopSync

by ShopSync

Connect your store with Mailchimp

Texture Clothing

It's recommended that you do not have the automatic 'add to mailing list' box check on the payment page. It took me about 9 months to realize that ShopSync had been switching my customers to "non subscribe" when they made a purchase, because that box was unchecked. Because of this, Mailchimp omitted hundreds of my good, long time customers from my mailings. I have now switched to Klaviyo.

Chileanwines

Really we need pay to try connect with chat support ? Yo need improve your service if you want offer a good product.

January 23, 2020

Hi there, yes, if you would like to chat with us directly, we ask for a nominal fee of $5/mo. to help cover customer support, development and server costs. You may cancel anytime.

We're typically available M-F from 9 to 3 pm ET; if for any reason we're not around during those hours, feel free to drop us a note and we'll get right back to you. Also, we have an extensive knowledgebase available 24/7 that can address most questions about ShopSync.

Happy to help anytime, just let us know.

Retropilot

There is one significant flaw that you should be aware of before you install and use this app.

Let's say my email is james@gmail.com. I make a purchase for my friend, Mark. The shipping address name is Mark Smith. The billing address name is James Johnson. The app will sync the SHIPPING name to my email (james@gmail.com).

This means when I go to send a newsletter to james@gmail.com and use personalisation in the email, it will say "Hi Mark!" - when my name is actually James.

Shopsync support confirmed this is a known flaw. If you want to use personalisation in your email marketing, you must be aware that this app will 'corrupt' your mailing list by mixing up names.

This might not be an issue for you if your customers only ever ship to themselves.

January 17, 2020

HI Retropilot, thank you for sharing this feedback. After seeing the scenario you described, we dug into the issue deeper and it turns out this is a known Shopify bug, not anything with ShopSync. Here is a response from their support team we received:

"It looks like this is a frustration that more than a few merchants have brought to us. Currently, when a customer account is created Shopify sets the default address as the shipping address instead of the billing address. If the customer put in a new shipping address this would be taken to be the new default address as well. There is no way for the merchant to make this change on their own and to make that change our devs would need to do something system-wide to adjust it to be billing first instead of shipping. The only workaround currently is the laborious process of editing a customer's default address after their account is created."

The good news is that Shopify is aware of the problem and it looks like they will be working to address the issue in the future. Thank you for using ShopSync and let us know if you have any other questions.

Oxy-Angel

I want to ask, why tags not sync to mailchimp. I will update this review and possible upgrade our subscription if tags problem will be addressed.

January 7, 2020

Update 1/23/20: The tagging feature is now live! Here's more information about getting started with it: https://support.shopsync.io/features/tag-mapper.

Please let us know if you have any questions. If this helps you out with your marketing efforts, please consider updating your review.

Hi there, thank you for the review. Tags are on their way :) Due to the Holidays we've been a little less active with our releases than normal. We hope things will be shipped in the next few weeks.

In the interim, could you use Mailchimp's segmentation features to isolate and target your users?

Halo2go

I would have loved to know this app worked with my old Mailchimp account. Never got info from Shopify about that. Just tired it last week and their customer support was awesome. Nice to see support teams switched on and look forward to using the app!

Radhica

Love it. This is an easy solution to sync customer information to Mailchimp. Special thanks to their caring support, who went the extra mile to help us with a temporary sync issue on our store. Highly recommended!

Pea Shoots Consignment

I had to uninstall this app because the code was affecting my theme, After months of some customers not being able to view my site correctly on mobile and contacting everyone under the sun for help, I finally uninstalled each app one by one on my website, getting my customers to test the site each time. all problems cleared up once shopSync was uninstalled and my site has been fine ever since. It's a shame since I really liked ShopSync and can't afford something like klavio

December 9, 2019

Hi Pea Shoots, we saw your review and wanted to reach out. We checked into our helpdesk and only saw one ticket back in August we replied to the same day regarding another question. Were you contacting Mailchimp for help? Or ShopSync? We want to make sure something didn't get caught up in our SPAM filter.

Regardless, we looked at your store, and it appears that the legacy Mailchimp app and ShopSync are still installed. The old Mailchimp integration has been deprecated (not supported) for quite some time, and there's a good chance things won't work as expected if you have both ShopSync and the legacy Mailchimp app running.

As for ShopSync affecting your theme, that would not be a function of the app. We'd recommend first to uninstall the legacy Mailchimp app and ShopSync. Next, verify in the Mailchimp "Connected Sites" area that your store is removed. Lastly, install ShopSync again. We're confident that things will work as expected after those steps are completed.

Let us know if you still encounter any problems. You may reach us anytime at support@shopsync.io.

Green Man Grooming Co

We have had this synced since October, we are about to launch and found it is not integrated with MailChimp. Mailchimp says it is, but ShopSync says it isn't even though it was previously.
When clicking connect to sync the store again it takes me to login with MailChimp, after that the window disappears, the app flashes and goes back to the original screen and doesn't do anything.
Scrolling to the bottom of the page to contact support and the page has a sad face with "this server is being block by an extention on it"

Now we aren't synced with MailChimp even though we have been prepared for over a month...

December 16, 2019

Hi there, thank you for the feedback. We saw your review and it sounds like your issue may be related to a browser caching issue or just a temporary problem with Shopify's app store. We'd suggest clearing your cookies/cache or trying another browser entirely.

At the moment, we see your store connected and sending data, with transactions pushing over to Mailchimp as recent as in the last hour. If the problem persists, don't hesitate to contact us for further troubleshooting at support@shopsync.io.

Wolf Trail Market

I started using ShopSync to integrate Mail Chimp with Shopify in order to streamline my email marketing and the app did do what it was supposed to thus far. It integrated all my contacts and products with Mail Chimp and I was able to create email campaigns right away.... However, there is one glaring issue that I found, the ShopSync app does not differentiate between published (part of a Shopify Collection/ on a sales channel) products and products that are not published (not in a collection or part of a sales channel) on Shopify. This is a huge issue because if you run a store and you want to keep older products hidden from customers in the back-end of your store so that they can be re-released at a later date, for example seasonal items, ShopSync will see every product as available and as such add every product to Mail Chimp emails as part of automatically generated featured products sections regardless of whether that product is actually still available or visible on your store. This problem in turn leads your customers to products that are not available yet or available anymore and they get an oops... page and a button to continue shopping if the customer clicks the link. I would give a higher review rating if this worked properly and ShopSync was not able to see hidden products. Please fix this. Thank you.

November 26, 2019

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to describe the problem you're experiencing. Currently, you're right; ShopSync is engineered to send all product data over to Mailchimp no matter if it's a published product or not in Shopify. We have good intentions for doing so; let me explain why:

- If we didn't send all product data over on the sync, your order information would not be complete.
- If you were to try to create campaigns based on past (product) order history, for example, you would not be able to target relevant customers who qualified for those product purchases.
- Reporting information would be off in Mailchimp for product sales.

Those reasons alone are why many customers use ShopSync. But, we also understand your use-case and how that could negatively impact your marketing efforts with the situation you've described - especially if you were to rely on Mailchimp to dynamically populate recommended products for your campaigns.

With that said, the recommended products are not a function of what ShopSync has control over in Mailchimp. Mailchimp uses its proprietary algorithms to display recommended products for automations/campaigns. As mentioned, if we didn't pass all the product data to them, it would cause many downstream issues for other users.

We wish we had more control over the recommendations in Mailchimp, but we do not. In the interim, you may want to manually add recommended products to campaigns or reach out to Mailchimp's excellent product support team to see if they could somehow filter those (unavailable) products from their recommendations engine in the future.

COHERE and THERE

I can't even get on the page within Shopify to upgrade to get help because it isn't recognizing me and I am the only administrator. Where am I to get help?
Also - re the removing the opt-in at checkout and making a comment on the page to ask customers to re-check the opt-in - - shopify doesn't let you edit the content in the cart at all from what I understand.

November 26, 2019

Hi there, we looked into your account and it appears you have connected your store to Mailchimp and things are syncing as expected. We see the recent activity of data submissions over to your audience even in the last hour.

Is it possible your review is related to an issue you had that was resolved or something else entirely? If you still need help, please reach out to our support team at support@shopsync.io and we'll be glad to help.