ShopSync

ShopSync

by ShopSync

Connect your store with Mailchimp

Art of Kava

any help at all is reserved for pro. Absolutely horrible customer service because there is none unless you meet a certain requirement. At the very least your app should work as promised, even without support. Edit to respond to the reply: I connected with your team by mistake. Your team immediately told me that they wouldnt help me without looking at the message and told me if I wanted help I'd have to upgrade to pro. They could have read my email acknowledged that it was an error and send me kindly on my way. they did not however do that. Instead they sent a canned response that was completely irrelevant to the email. Which IS the definition of horrible customer service. I use your service and had this experience and decided it was noteworthy to share. I received a nice email response from the founder who addressed the issue. There's a lot of work that needs to be done on ur csr dept.

September 7, 2021

Hi Art of Kava, for one-on-one support via chat or email we do reserve that for our Pro users. However, if you're having fundamental syncing problems we don't mind helping everyone. For folks that don't require the Pro plan, we have an extensive knowledge base that can answer most questions about ShopSync: https://support.shopsync.io/.

Lastly, I looked into your note that came into our support desk. The question was more centered around two apps that are not affiliated with ShopSync. I would suggest reaching out to either Shopify or Recharge for further assistance.

Arts on Hats Official

I do not get subscribers synced into Mailchimp from Shopify. The app does not function properly. No idea why and there is no chat support for the the free subscription.

August 16, 2021

Hi there, would it be possible for you to reach out to the customer support team to discuss the issue you're experiencing? We do not have a record of questions from your store and we would be happy to work through any issues you're experiencing. There can be valid reasons why subscribers aren't being subscribed, e.g. customers don't subscribe to marketing at checkout, use checkout methods like Shop Pay, PayPal, etc. that don't currently allow customers to opt-in to marketing, etc.

We see that your site is still using our app, completed syncing today, and is processing data in real-time. We can be contacted at support@shopsync.io.

Lastly, chat is reserved for our paying customers because we have to staff real humans to answer questions. If for any reason chat isn't available and you're a Pro user, you can always browse our support docs for quick answers at https://support.shopsync.io/. Otherwise, hit us up with any initial syncing questions at no charge and we can help out.

the geeky bobbin

You totally broke my list. Subscribers are now switched to transactional only. You only brought over a small fraction of my order data. You archived a dozen automations, that I now have to recreate. MailChimp is telling me that I have to manually re-subscribe those subscribers, even though I took a backup. I guess you get what you pay for. This is beyond frustrating.

LabOvens.net

WORST APP EVER. We had a store that wasn't even published yet and it started adding THOUSANDS of "customers" (very obviously spam) which it then synced to Mailchimp - which costs money to hold more subscribers! Such a waste of time. I don't even know why Shopify allows this garbage to be listed. I made a video showing some of the spam that was imported by ShopSync and also showing the store had no orders (again, it wasn't published yet). Take a look for yourself: https://www.screencast.com/t/eXDqBfuv8

July 21, 2021

Hello, we saw your review and wanted to respond right away. We're syncing these contacts to Shopify because they're in your Mailchimp Audience. This is done to keep both Mailchimp and Shopify with the correct subscriber status. You can learn more about how we sync here: https://support.shopsync.io/using-shopsync/syncing-information.

Do you by chance have a pop-up form or opt-in form somewhere that is collecting these spam addresses? Feel free to contact us for any more questions or comments at support@shopsync.io. We're happy to help.

Bolt Fabric Boutique

We have experienced the same horrific issue of repeat customers getting booted from our email list if they do not continually opt in with each transaction, and if we don't continually opt in for them when checking them out via the Shopify POS. This is such a costly "glitch." I see your response and that Shopify is supposedly looking into this. But, this response has been posted for months. Is there really no fix yet from Shopify?

June 28, 2021

Hi there, see the reply we posted to "DaVallia" below your review, the situation has been resolved by Shopify. If you'd like to test and update your review it would be much appreciated. If you still experience any issues, don't hesitate to reach out to our support team at support@shopsync.io.

DaVallia

After an existing subscribed customer buys anything, it changes that subscriber in Mailchimp to a "Transactional Only" customer. Been a nightmare to resolve and re-add all of our great customers.

June 17, 2021

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. After extensive testing, we've figured out how this could be happening after finding a bug in Shopify during checkout. We've been in contact with their technical team, and they have acknowledged this is a glitch on their end. They are working hard to deploy a fix for this problem.

Here's why you are having the previous subscribers moved to unsubscribed (or transactional).

1. Let's say jim@gmail.com checks out in your store and opts out of marketing on their first checkout. In Shopify, this customer is NOT subscribed at this point.
2. Later on, you decide to connect ShopSync with an existing Mailchimp Audience.
3. jim@gmail.com IS currently subscribed in Mailchimp in this example - perhaps you gathered their email address previously via another platform or curated them from a pop-up/landing page or social media.
4. With ShopSync now connected, jim@gmail.com comes back to place an order for the second time, and this time they opt-in at checkout.
5. Here's the bug...Shopify doesn't update that customer to be subscribed to marketing on the second order.
6. Because the user is still deemed to be opted out of marketing, Shopify passes this information to Mailchimp as unsubscribed; if they don't complete the checkout, they would be marked as transactional.

The only workaround we can advise is to resubscribe the customer via the Shopify admin manually. This action will POST a customer update to Mailchimp with the correct subscriber status to your Audience.

Thanks again for the feedback, but please understand the unsubscribe behavior is not because of ShopSync specifically. Because of the bug, any app listening to a customer update from Shopify would pass the wrong information at this point on the customer's marketing status.

We don't have visibility into Shopify's product release or bug fix roadmap, but I'm happy to reach back out directly when this issue is patched. In the interim, please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

**UPDATE**
Shopify has notified us that this issue has been resolved with previous customers as noted above. They will no longer be unsubscribed in this scenario. We have tested ourselves and is working as expected.

Head2ToeEssentials

app is giving cache issue by mistake audience was coming which did not below to my store in mailchimp

Moon Goddess Gifts

This app does not work and is faulty. It changed my default theme color to black, until I removed it. Also, forms did not work.

May 28, 2021

Hi there, thank you for the feedback but is this review for ShopSync? We don't modify anything with Shopify themes; our app simply connects your store with Mailchimp. We've also checked our support desk and don't see any tickets in there related to the issue as described

If you're certain that it is related to installing ShopSync, we're happy to dig in deeper and figure out how this could be happening. Please reach out to us anytime at support@shopsync.io.

Planet Health Australia

DO NOT USE THIS APP. If I could give 0 stars I would! We installed this app for 2 of our site migrations and it has malfunctioned on both. Despite the developers saying that they fixed the issue last year, the app is still unsubscribing anyone who repurchases and was already subscribed, therefore hasn't opted in again at checkout (why would they if they're already signed up). We have lost many of our most valuable subscribers due to this app, beware.

**UPDATE**

Vitus Wholefoods

DO NOT USE THIS APP. If I could give 0 stars I would! Despite the developers saying that they fixed the issue last year, the app is still unsubscribing anyone who repurchases and was already subscribed, therefore hasn't opted in again at checkout (why would they if they're already signed up). We have lost many of our most valuable subscribers due to this app, beware.

May 28, 2021

Hi there, this looks to be a duplicate review; please see our response and let us know if you have any follow-up questions. Give us a shout anytime at support@shopsync.io.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7