ShopSync

ShopSync

by ShopSync

Connect your store with Mailchimp

the geeky bobbin

You totally broke my list. Subscribers are now switched to transactional only. You only brought over a small fraction of my order data. You archived a dozen automations, that I now have to recreate. MailChimp is telling me that I have to manually re-subscribe those subscribers, even though I took a backup. I guess you get what you pay for. This is beyond frustrating.

LabOvens.net

WORST APP EVER. We had a store that wasn't even published yet and it started adding THOUSANDS of "customers" (very obviously spam) which it then synced to Mailchimp - which costs money to hold more subscribers! Such a waste of time. I don't even know why Shopify allows this garbage to be listed. I made a video showing some of the spam that was imported by ShopSync and also showing the store had no orders (again, it wasn't published yet). Take a look for yourself: https://www.screencast.com/t/eXDqBfuv8

July 21, 2021

Hello, we saw your review and wanted to respond right away. We're syncing these contacts to Shopify because they're in your Mailchimp Audience. This is done to keep both Mailchimp and Shopify with the correct subscriber status. You can learn more about how we sync here: https://support.shopsync.io/using-shopsync/syncing-information.

Do you by chance have a pop-up form or opt-in form somewhere that is collecting these spam addresses? Feel free to contact us for any more questions or comments at support@shopsync.io. We're happy to help.

Bolt Fabric Boutique

We have experienced the same horrific issue of repeat customers getting booted from our email list if they do not continually opt in with each transaction, and if we don't continually opt in for them when checking them out via the Shopify POS. This is such a costly "glitch." I see your response and that Shopify is supposedly looking into this. But, this response has been posted for months. Is there really no fix yet from Shopify?

June 28, 2021

Hi there, see the reply we posted to "DaVallia" below your review, the situation has been resolved by Shopify. If you'd like to test and update your review it would be much appreciated. If you still experience any issues, don't hesitate to reach out to our support team at support@shopsync.io.

DaVallia

After an existing subscribed customer buys anything, it changes that subscriber in Mailchimp to a "Transactional Only" customer. Been a nightmare to resolve and re-add all of our great customers.

June 17, 2021

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. After extensive testing, we've figured out how this could be happening after finding a bug in Shopify during checkout. We've been in contact with their technical team, and they have acknowledged this is a glitch on their end. They are working hard to deploy a fix for this problem.

Here's why you are having the previous subscribers moved to unsubscribed (or transactional).

1. Let's say jim@gmail.com checks out in your store and opts out of marketing on their first checkout. In Shopify, this customer is NOT subscribed at this point.
2. Later on, you decide to connect ShopSync with an existing Mailchimp Audience.
3. jim@gmail.com IS currently subscribed in Mailchimp in this example - perhaps you gathered their email address previously via another platform or curated them from a pop-up/landing page or social media.
4. With ShopSync now connected, jim@gmail.com comes back to place an order for the second time, and this time they opt-in at checkout.
5. Here's the bug...Shopify doesn't update that customer to be subscribed to marketing on the second order.
6. Because the user is still deemed to be opted out of marketing, Shopify passes this information to Mailchimp as unsubscribed; if they don't complete the checkout, they would be marked as transactional.

The only workaround we can advise is to resubscribe the customer via the Shopify admin manually. This action will POST a customer update to Mailchimp with the correct subscriber status to your Audience.

Thanks again for the feedback, but please understand the unsubscribe behavior is not because of ShopSync specifically. Because of the bug, any app listening to a customer update from Shopify would pass the wrong information at this point on the customer's marketing status.

We don't have visibility into Shopify's product release or bug fix roadmap, but I'm happy to reach back out directly when this issue is patched. In the interim, please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

**UPDATE**
Shopify has notified us that this issue has been resolved with previous customers as noted above. They will no longer be unsubscribed in this scenario. We have tested ourselves and is working as expected.

Head2ToeEssentials

app is giving cache issue by mistake audience was coming which did not below to my store in mailchimp

Moon Goddess Gifts

This app does not work and is faulty. It changed my default theme color to black, until I removed it. Also, forms did not work.

May 28, 2021

Hi there, thank you for the feedback but is this review for ShopSync? We don't modify anything with Shopify themes; our app simply connects your store with Mailchimp. We've also checked our support desk and don't see any tickets in there related to the issue as described

If you're certain that it is related to installing ShopSync, we're happy to dig in deeper and figure out how this could be happening. Please reach out to us anytime at support@shopsync.io.

Planet Health Australia

DO NOT USE THIS APP. If I could give 0 stars I would! We installed this app for 2 of our site migrations and it has malfunctioned on both. Despite the developers saying that they fixed the issue last year, the app is still unsubscribing anyone who repurchases and was already subscribed, therefore hasn't opted in again at checkout (why would they if they're already signed up). We have lost many of our most valuable subscribers due to this app, beware.

**UPDATE**

Vitus Wholefoods

DO NOT USE THIS APP. If I could give 0 stars I would! Despite the developers saying that they fixed the issue last year, the app is still unsubscribing anyone who repurchases and was already subscribed, therefore hasn't opted in again at checkout (why would they if they're already signed up). We have lost many of our most valuable subscribers due to this app, beware.

May 28, 2021

Hi there, this looks to be a duplicate review; please see our response and let us know if you have any follow-up questions. Give us a shout anytime at support@shopsync.io.

Swipe

I've specified the correct list to connect in MailChimp, but they uploaded all data in another of our mailchimp list. When I tried to contact them to tell them of their error, there's no way to reach out, except if you have the pro plan, which require paying for support. Bad.

AlmaKnit

Useless! Unsubscribes returning customers if they do not re-tick the checkbox in checkout. Only good thing is that I caught it so I can delete this app! Terrible to create an app that removes your best customers.

March 9, 2021