ShopSync

ShopSync

by ShopSync

Connect your store with Mailchimp

aneahill

Well, I hate to do this but I am at step one and can't stop getting a sad face saying ShopSync refused to link. I wrote in and followed the instructions 6 times and with no luck I am unable to get the app to simply install. Reviews aren't good so maybe this is my sign to move on. If anyone knows of an email-out system that works for them, please share. Thank you

Native State Foods

We strongly don't recommend this app. It pushed through some sort of update that axed half our list for no reason. Our subscribed customers were all suddenly unsubscribed and now we are in a mess trying to fix. Such a waste of time and frustrating.

September 15, 2020

Hi there, thank you for the feedback. We saw your review and it sounds like on sync there was a merging of data from Shopify to Mailchimp that unsubscribed those customers. Before any data is processed by ShopSync, we perform integrity checks with Mailchimp to ensure these customers can be sent to the audience that is connected. For example, if someone has opted out of an audience in the past, we won't add the email again. We'll also update Shopify with the correct status that Mailchimp shows. That way, the most current subscriber status in Mailchimp is synced with the store.

We're happy to do an audit with you on any customer that you'd like. Don't hesitate to contact us at support@shopsync.io.

Colorful Cute

Beware! If you are using this app to connect Mailchimp to Shopify, you might be losing purchasing customers. If a customer unchecks, or doesn't check, the opt-in box for marketing, ShopSync unsubscribes them from your list. I'm migrating to another email provider with complete integration in Shopify and they don't do this. ShopSync insists that it's Shopify's requirement instead of fixing it. They propose that you prevent this from happening by pre-selecting the checkbox for people to opt-in and Mailchimp's suggestion is to have wording at the checkbox that says something like "check here to keep receiving emails from so and so". At the end of the day, not opting in to a list is NOT the same as opting out and shouldn't be handled as an unsubscribe. Shopsync and Mailchimp have to get this fixed. Until then, I highly suggest you find someone else.

September 9, 2020

Hi there, we saw your review and wanted to write back. If return customers who were previously subscribed do not tick the box at checkout, we pass them over to Mailchimp as transactional.

We understand in some situations that this doesn't work for everyone, but since we are not seeing them subscribed in Shopify at the time of the (latest) transaction, the best compromise we can muster is to pass that customer as transactional to Mailchimp. That way, you can still use Mailchimp's automations to trigger abandoned carts and order notifications.

Armadi

I downloaded this app in Shopify, however as soon as I did this I can no longer view notifications from customers in Facebook. My Facebook is linked to Shopify as well. I’m not sure if the two are linked but it was the only thing I changed, so now I’m not game to use shopsync

September 21, 2020

Hi Armadi, our app would not impact anything you're doing over at Facebook. We simply work with cart data at checkout and send that information to Mailchimp from your Shopify store.

If there's anything we're missing with your store's configuration with other apps and Facebook, we'll be glad to investigate further. Please send detailed information to us at support@shopsync.io.

GeezerGlide LLC

Not happy - the sync is just not working (waited for several hours and nothing was updated). I don't want to force a manual sync all the time just to get some data over into MailChimp. ShopSync has several articles and they outline that the sync can take up to 24 hours - based on whatever else is going on - but for testing and also in production if you have to wait for 24 hours before something shows up at the other end - and especially the manual/forced sync can take up to days or even weeks (according to some of the blogs) - that's not an application I would want to deal with.
I am currently testing ActiveCampaign for my EMail-Markting needs & integration with Shopify and that one looks a lot more promising to me .... just my 2 cents ...

September 1, 2020

Hi there, thanks for commenting. Syncing times depend on the number of customers, orders, and products in your store. It also depends on the volume impacting our infrastructure. If you have a large amount of data in your store, allocate plenty of time to allow for everything to complete. We will reflect on the progress of your sync on the app detail page. Please note, automations will not trigger during the sync process.

If you think the sync is stuck, hang tight, it's probably queueing up background processes that will eventually start pushing data. But, if you don't see movement to the progress bars after 24 hours feel free to reach out to us at support@shopsync.io.

Lastly, you don't need to keep your browser open during the sync process, everything works automatically in the background.
Let us know if you have any follow up questions, happy to help anytime.

Susie O's Handbags

REALLY frustrated :( i checked through mailchimp and shopify and shopsynce and see this: Features
Sync customers
Product retargeting email
Pop-up signup forms
Google remarketing ads
Sync merge tags

but when i am in mailchimp creating a campaign, there are no product blocks!
when i input an image, it allows me to select from my product list, but doesn't synce the link to the product or any product info (price/name/etc)

i don't think i should have to upgrade to ask why a free feature isn't available. please help:(

August 27, 2020

Hi there, we saw your review and wanted to try to reach out and help. Please write in to support@shopsync.io and we'll be glad to see what may be going on. Usually, in situations like this it may be related to a simple configuration error on the Mailchimp side we can help you verify.

a hop and a skip the label

Doesn't seem to work. I keep getting this error message after instal and so I can't get it to work at all. And I can't seem to find any info on how to fix it.
Temporary Installation Cookie Must Be Set
Your browser is preventing the installation of ShopSync. A temporary cookie must be set by clicking here.

After clicking the button, you will be able to install ShopSync by refreshing the page, or from the App store.

August 19, 2020

Hi there, thank you for the feedback. We saw your review and it sounds like your issue may be related to a browser caching issue or just a temporary problem with Shopify's app store. We'd suggest clearing your cookies/cache or trying another browser entirely. If the problem persists, don't hesitate to contact us for further troubleshooting at support@shopsync.io.

Flawless Coat Boutique

I dont know why but select list option is not not showing any list because of which iam unable to sync anything to mailchimp and complete the process.
I need help asap to understand what the problem can be so that i can sync and start using mailchimp. Hope shopsync will look into my issue.

August 27, 2020

Nekid Swimwear

Does not work with Product Reco block of mailchimp. Only shows 1 product at a time. so if you choose to show 3/4 products, it's all the same one! Also, even with show New Arrivals option it shows dated product information! My item was on sale but it showed original price only. what a waste.

July 20, 2020

Hi there, thank you for the feedback. We saw your review and it sounds like your issue may be related to a browser caching issue, replicated campaign, or just a temporary problem with Mailchimp. We'd suggest clearing your cookies/cache and trying a fresh campaign if it was replicated in Mailchimp.

We've tested the issue you brought up, and we have not seen any problems with product recommendations rendering properly. If the problem persists, don't hesitate to contact us for further troubleshooting at support@shopsync.io.

Handmade by Jenn LLC

Their customer service is not worth paying for. They were not able to help me with anything MailChimp related.

July 2, 2020

Hi there, here at ShopSync we can answer all of your questions regarding our application. We are not affiliated with Mailchimp and are unable to provide support for their app or how to use Mailchimp.

We're sorry to pass you off, but you can reach out to their excellent customer service team over at https://mailchimp.com/help/. You should be able to chat with them and take things from there.

We'd greatly appreciate an updated review reflecting the experience with ShopSync's capabilities and what it is designed to do.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6