ShopSync

ShopSync

by ShopSync

Connect your store with Mailchimp

Swipe

I've specified the correct list to connect in MailChimp, but they uploaded all data in another of our mailchimp list. When I tried to contact them to tell them of their error, there's no way to reach out, except if you have the pro plan, which require paying for support. Bad.

AlmaKnit

Useless! Unsubscribes returning customers if they do not re-tick the checkbox in checkout. Only good thing is that I caught it so I can delete this app! Terrible to create an app that removes your best customers.

March 9, 2021

Hi there, thank you for the feedback. We wanted to let you know that this behavior was patched on 10/12/20: https://shopsync.io/changelog.

Here is more information about it in our support area on how we handle those situations: https://support.shopsync.io/using-shopsync/syncing-information#subscribers-added-to-a-mailchimp-audience-prior-to-checking-out-in-your-shopify-store

If you're still having challenges with this after the update, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@shopsync.io.

BloomingBulb

Couldn't figure out why I got unsubscribed from my own email list until I found the reviews. This app unsubscribed people who placed orders, meaning our most valuable subscribers.

January 20, 2021

Makeup On Set

We strongly recommend not to sync Shopify with Mailchimp. In fact we also don't recommend working with Mailchimp anymore.
Mailchimp was offering a free Zoom sessions with their experts to integrate with Shopsync. We had a session and received totally wrong advice from one of those experts: www.staycollective.co.com and consequently we had a serious problem with our automations in the middle of the BF campaign. We were not told that many things could behave as they did. There is no chat support from Shopsync and Mailchimp agents are not trained in this integration yet, so that's not the best scenario to rely on an integration yet. In our case, the Mailchimp Expert who integrated our site with Shopsync denied any further help, and Mailchimp Support was not able to fix the problem.To prevent bigger issues, this weekend we had to disconnect the integration this weekend, loosing many leads in our ongoing campaign that was saved thanks to Shopify. When trying to to seek help from Mailchimp desk since last Friday, we have heard suggestions like "Since the integration will pull over all contacts from Shopify, it will be necessary to remove/archive those contacts in Shopify before connecting with Mailchimp" or "There are certain behaviors that the connection will have, and I want to be transparent about that" (...) There were also not able to clarify how to proceed with our automations once archived when performing an integration as you advice in your disclaimer "If you have welcome e-mail automations running in Mailchimp, please archive (not pause) before installing ShopSync. There have been reports that emails have been resent after performing sync, and we are actively investigating the issue. Other automations are not impacted and can be migrated as noted in Mailchimp's knowledge base article". We couldn't learn about this disclaimer when our integration was performed. We understand that Shopsync is not directly responsible about Mailchimp support or their Experts but please also understand that this integration is meant to work with Mailchimp, so for your sake and ours, please make sure that we customers will be able to get support of any kind if anything happens, specially in such a sensitive times like BF within a pandemic. Thank you for your comprehension

November 23, 2020

Hi there, we saw your review and wanted to reply. We take all feedback seriously and appreciate the members who voice them. After reading your review, it sounds like your comments may be better directed at Mailchimp or the experts you specified.

As the developers behind ShopSync, we use this area to learn from our customers on how to improve it and hopefully help their Shopify businesses along the way. We can't speak for Mailchimp or any other 3rd party, as we are not affiliated with them.

If you can, we'd appreciate an update on the review of the app. As developers, it's vital for our community of users to feel confident that the plugin is an excellent option to sync their store with Mailchimp if they choose to do so.

We'll be glad to help assist with the installation of ShopSync, please contact us at support@shopsync.io.

Stonehouse California Olive Oil

One MAJOR issue: If one of your subscribed contacts makes a purchase and does not click the box to opt in for email marketing (and why would they, they're already subscribed?) then they get UNSUBSCRIBED from your list. Not acceptable. This is the only app I can find to sync/track revenue generation from my emails so I'd really like to use it, I'd even pay for it. OneSass makes an app that syncs my contacts without the whole unsubscribe fiasco, but they don't sync revenue data. ShopSync - PLEASE PLEASE fix this and you'll have my business. Tell me if/when you do!

November 12, 2020

aneahill

Well, I hate to do this but I am at step one and can't stop getting a sad face saying ShopSync refused to link. I wrote in and followed the instructions 6 times and with no luck I am unable to get the app to simply install. Reviews aren't good so maybe this is my sign to move on. If anyone knows of an email-out system that works for them, please share. Thank you

Native State Foods

We strongly don't recommend this app. It pushed through some sort of update that axed half our list for no reason. Our subscribed customers were all suddenly unsubscribed and now we are in a mess trying to fix. Such a waste of time and frustrating.

September 15, 2020

Hi there, thank you for the feedback. We saw your review and it sounds like on sync there was a merging of data from Shopify to Mailchimp that unsubscribed those customers. Before any data is processed by ShopSync, we perform integrity checks with Mailchimp to ensure these customers can be sent to the audience that is connected. For example, if someone has opted out of an audience in the past, we won't add the email again. We'll also update Shopify with the correct status that Mailchimp shows. That way, the most current subscriber status in Mailchimp is synced with the store.

We're happy to do an audit with you on any customer that you'd like. Don't hesitate to contact us at support@shopsync.io.

Colorful Cute

Beware! If you are using this app to connect Mailchimp to Shopify, you might be losing purchasing customers. If a customer unchecks, or doesn't check, the opt-in box for marketing, ShopSync unsubscribes them from your list. I'm migrating to another email provider with complete integration in Shopify and they don't do this. ShopSync insists that it's Shopify's requirement instead of fixing it. They propose that you prevent this from happening by pre-selecting the checkbox for people to opt-in and Mailchimp's suggestion is to have wording at the checkbox that says something like "check here to keep receiving emails from so and so". At the end of the day, not opting in to a list is NOT the same as opting out and shouldn't be handled as an unsubscribe. Shopsync and Mailchimp have to get this fixed. Until then, I highly suggest you find someone else.

September 9, 2020

Hi there, we saw your review and wanted to write back. If return customers who were previously subscribed do not tick the box at checkout, we pass them over to Mailchimp as transactional.

We understand in some situations that this doesn't work for everyone, but since we are not seeing them subscribed in Shopify at the time of the (latest) transaction, the best compromise we can muster is to pass that customer as transactional to Mailchimp. That way, you can still use Mailchimp's automations to trigger abandoned carts and order notifications.

Armadi

I downloaded this app in Shopify, however as soon as I did this I can no longer view notifications from customers in Facebook. My Facebook is linked to Shopify as well. I’m not sure if the two are linked but it was the only thing I changed, so now I’m not game to use shopsync

September 21, 2020

Hi Armadi, our app would not impact anything you're doing over at Facebook. We simply work with cart data at checkout and send that information to Mailchimp from your Shopify store.

If there's anything we're missing with your store's configuration with other apps and Facebook, we'll be glad to investigate further. Please send detailed information to us at support@shopsync.io.

GeezerGlide LLC

Not happy - the sync is just not working (waited for several hours and nothing was updated). I don't want to force a manual sync all the time just to get some data over into MailChimp. ShopSync has several articles and they outline that the sync can take up to 24 hours - based on whatever else is going on - but for testing and also in production if you have to wait for 24 hours before something shows up at the other end - and especially the manual/forced sync can take up to days or even weeks (according to some of the blogs) - that's not an application I would want to deal with.
I am currently testing ActiveCampaign for my EMail-Markting needs & integration with Shopify and that one looks a lot more promising to me .... just my 2 cents ...

September 1, 2020

Hi there, thanks for commenting. Syncing times depend on the number of customers, orders, and products in your store. It also depends on the volume impacting our infrastructure. If you have a large amount of data in your store, allocate plenty of time to allow for everything to complete. We will reflect on the progress of your sync on the app detail page. Please note, automations will not trigger during the sync process.

If you think the sync is stuck, hang tight, it's probably queueing up background processes that will eventually start pushing data. But, if you don't see movement to the progress bars after 24 hours feel free to reach out to us at support@shopsync.io.

Lastly, you don't need to keep your browser open during the sync process, everything works automatically in the background.
Let us know if you have any follow up questions, happy to help anytime.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6