ShopSync

ShopSync

by ShopSync

Connect your store with Mailchimp

PrendaBella

I noticed this app was not synching my contacts to Mailchimp correctly. Their tech support gave me a lot of explanations such as "my contacts had unsubscribed", etc., which was not accurate. I ended up uninstalling it and installing it again and finally it worked, but I'm not impressed by the "there's nothing they can do" response of their tech support. It's working so far but I'm skeptical and might have to switch to a more reliable service.

July 5, 2019

Hi there, thank you for the feedback. We saw your review, and it sounds like your issue may have been related to temporary delays in the processing of data with our server queues. Recently, we've had quite a bit of volume around installations and syncing which has led to occasional lags in the processing of information. Overall, these delays work themselves out rather quickly.

If something comes up in the future, don't hesitate to contact us for further troubleshooting at support@shopsync.io.

bluespacedoor.com

I just want to say every time I try to instill the app it says, the page you're looking for couldn't be found.

Work Shop Italy: ferramenta online, utensili professionali

since I used this app I have never had so many abuse reports and unsubscrivers, as well as many fake emails that did not appear on my list before ... at this point it is better to abandon mailchimp to find something more integrated.
very sad

Samuel

Michael Cherry Brand

Installing was very easy however I did have issues.I installed today but now my customers cannot subscribe currently and automations not resuming automatically since I archived them.

Snowboard Addiction

When customers sign up to our email list the confirmation email goes to spam - this is a huge barrier to customers and there has been a dramatic customer retention drop off because of this :(

May 6, 2019

Hi there, thank you for the feedback. We saw your review and wanted to reach back out. With the feature you’re describing it is outside the functionality of ShopSync, we don't have control over the confirmation email sent by Mailchimp.

If you're concerned about this feature, Mailchimp would be better suited to answer your questions. You can reach out to their excellent customer service team over at https://mailchimp.com/help/. You should be able to chat with them and take things from there.

Let us know if you have any follow up questions or visit our support area to learn more information about ShopSync.

Erbanna

Although others may be able to use this - it is a poor bandaid to fix the Mailchimp/shopify debacle. I could only download one of my four audience lists and when I tried to ShopSync no one answered my email (which is the only way to contact them.) I only gave it two stars just in case I'm missing something, but honestly I'm dumping ShopSync and Mailchimp as it's too much work and it doesn't work!

May 1, 2019

Hi there, we saw your review and wanted to reach out. We responded to your email that you sent on 3/24, perhaps it got caught up in your spam filter. I'm sorry we weren't able to link up.

As noted in our knowledge base: To avoid conflicts under the hood with Mailchimp, we do not recommend attaching multiple stores to one Mailchimp list.

We've spoken with their support team about this use-case in the past, and they've relayed there could be complications with automations and signup forms if there is more than one store attached to a list. However, you can attach multiple stores to multiple lists inside one Mailchimp account. The main thing to get right is a one-to-one relationship between a store and a list if that makes sense.

Let us know if you have any follow up questions, happy to help anytime. You may contact us at support@shopsync.io or visit support.shopsync.io for instant answers.

Moxxie Essential Care

We used Shopsync to connect our Shopify site to Mailchimp. A few days later we found out that Welcome emails were sent to over half of our existing subscriber list - prompting some to opt out! This is confusing and embarassing. Not sure what went wrong.

April 22, 2019

Hi there, sorry for any hassle. We've actually confirmed the welcome email behavior is a bug on the Mailchimp end and they are working on a fix. Depending on when you installed the app, we attempt to make this very clear on the install screen prior to setting up ShopSync.

As a best practice, we recommend archiving any welcome email that is active in Mailchimp. You will be able to reactivate and fuse these back together after the sync is complete. Mailchimp has put an easy to follow migration guide together that you can follow for any other automations that are activated.

Altman Plants

The initial sync added 4,000 contacts to our MailChimp list. This moved us up to the next bracket for Mailchimp, costing us way more monthly. We do not know where they came from or why they were added once we synced with ShopSync. It would be cool if shopsync had reasonings or resolutions for this. Also your contact us page seems to not be working....

April 18, 2019

Hi Altman Plants, thank you for the feedback. We saw your review and wanted to respond right away. There could be various reasons why subscriber counts have gone up after the initial sync. In most situations, we've seen that the legacy 'Mailchimp for Shopify' integration was previously installed, and contacts were not added to the list. This could've been with failures on submission to Mailchimp with merge tags being required, rejected by the API or just missed entirely. When ShopSync was activated, these customers have finally been added the list.

If you'd like to reach out to our support team with example emails you're not sure about, we're happy to do some more in depth analysis with you. Reach out to us anytime at support@shopsync.io.

Performance Cycling Apparel

Straight forward to use. But, like everyone else on has said - as soon as I installed/sync'd it - it decided to just re-send our 'Welcome' message to EVERYONE on our list. IE: customers who have already bought. Not a good look.