ShopSync

ShopSync

by ShopSync

Connect your store with Mailchimp

Moving Moments

I don't typically write bad reviews, but My orders aren't being tagged on mailchimp and I'm not able to send an email out to my customers. I added 2 tags in shopsync but in mailchimp it says there are no tags. Can you help me? Please email Josh@movingmoments.com

March 10, 2021

Hi there, I'll respond to this reveiw and also send you an email as mentioned. To get tagging working, it's a two-step process described here: https://support.shopsync.io/features/tag-mapper.

You'll first need to add the tags in the settings of ShopSync and then add the tags to your customers in Shopify. These need to be spelled exactly the same in order for them to sync. Also, you may also need to execute a Force Resync for past data to show up.

Please don't hesitate to reach back out to us at support@shopsync.io if you continue to have any trouble.

Sweet Paprika Designs

I've had this app installed for a while and for the most part it seems to work fine, but after reading some reviews today about customers being unsubscribed if they don't check the "accept marketing" box at checkout, I looked and sure enough I think this has happened with my account too which is terrible! Some customers have been with me for years and then all of the sudden they're off my mailing list because they didn't check a box? I'm uninstalling this app today.

January 18, 2021

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. After extensive testing, we've figured out how this could be happening after finding a bug in Shopify during checkout. We've been in contact with their technical team, and they have acknowledged this is a glitch on their end. They are working hard to deploy a fix for this problem.

Here's why you are having the previous subscribers moved to unsubscribed (or transactional).

1. Let's say jim@gmail.com checks out in your store and opts out of marketing on their first checkout. In Shopify, this customer is NOT subscribed at this point.
2. Later on, you decide to connect ShopSync with an existing Mailchimp Audience.
3. jim@gmail.com IS currently subscribed in Mailchimp in this example - perhaps you gathered their email address previously via another platform or curated them from a pop-up/landing page or social media.
4. With ShopSync now connected, jim@gmail.com comes back to place an order for the second time, and this time they opt-in at checkout.
5. Here's the bug...Shopify doesn't update that customer to be subscribed to marketing on the second order.
6. Because the user is still deemed to be opted out of marketing, Shopify passes this information to Mailchimp as unsubscribed; if they don't complete the checkout, they would be marked as transactional.

The only workaround we can advise is to resubscribe the customer via the Shopify admin manually. This action will POST a customer update to Mailchimp with the correct subscriber status to your Audience.

Thanks again for the feedback, but please understand the unsubscribe behavior is not because of ShopSync specifically. Because of the bug, any app listening to a customer update from Shopify would pass the wrong information at this point on the customer's marketing status.

We don't have visibility into Shopify's product release or bug fix roadmap, but I'm happy to reach back out directly when this issue is patched. In the interim, please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Pop Karma

I would like to use this app to sync my subscribed customers between Shopify and Mailchimp. It seems a bit one way - if a customer subscribes on a hosted Mailchimp form, it appears to import that data into Shopify. However, if a customer subscribes using Shopify's form, it does NOT seem to import those subscribers into Mailchimp so I have to check frequently and manually add them!

November 18, 2020

Hi there, we saw your review and wanted to clarify things. When someone signs up on a MailChimp pop-up form, it is expected behavior that they will only be added to MailChimp. Likewise, when someone signs up on a Shopify form, they will only be added to Shopify.

By design, the only form that will add to both MailChimp and Shopify is the footer form located on the bottom of your Shopify Theme.

If it does not currently sync to MailChimp, you can use this guide: https://mailchimp.com/help/add-a-signup-form-to-your-website/ and with the help of the Shopify Gurus, you should be able to get that embedded code added to the footer of your store.

For your convenience, we have the link to reach out to the Gurus here: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/questions

The Chilly Dog

Be careful! If your Mailchimp subscribers make a purchase from your Shopify shop and don't choose to subscribe to your mailing list at checkout (because they think they already are on your mailing list) they will become non-subscribed and only eligible to receive transactional messages from you. They cannot be added back to your email list. I didn't realize this was happening until a friend asked me why I stopped sending out a newsletter. I suspect I have lost dozens, maybe hundreds, of my most engaged Mailchimp subscribers because of this.

August 27, 2020

Hi there, we saw your review and wanted to write back. If return customers who were previously subscribed do not tick the box at checkout, we pass them over to Mailchimp as transactional.

We understand in some situations that this doesn't work for everyone, but since we are not seeing them subscribed in Shopify at the time of the (latest) transaction, the best compromise we can muster is to pass that customer as transactional to Mailchimp. That way, you can still use Mailchimp's automations to trigger abandoned carts and order notifications.

If it's possible in your store, we recommend some help text at checkout to remind returning customers to opt-in each time.

Brutal Art

Installation Is easy and the initial sync is working, however impossible after to sync any new entry except if I am forcing new sync.
The most frustrating issue is to have to pay to access support to solve the issus

Jaipur Atelier

I've installed this app, but I'm not totally sure it's syncing everything properly. I'm still using mailchimp, but I'm not sure any of my automations are sending.

May 13, 2020

Hi there, thanks for reaching out. We looked at the connection you have with ShopSync on your store and everything looks great on our side. We see successful syncs of data as recent as today.

If you're having trouble or have questions about Automations in Mailchimp, you can reach out to their excellent support team at https://mailchimp.com/help/mailchimp-support-options/. If you need us for anything else, don't hesitate to get in touch at support@shopsync.io.

O. Store

Great import and connection with Mailchimp. But, I lost all my tracking in GA and on FB :/ So uninstalled again... and tracking worked.

Too bad, what I experienced with Shopsync seemed awesome until I discovered the tracking issue.

February 17, 2020

Hi there, we saw your review and wanted to reach out right away.

Can you help us understand what you're referring to regarding tracking? We don't see any support tickets open and this isn't something we're familiar with in regard to the core functionality of our app; we would definitely like to learn more about the problem you're experiencing.

You can reach out to us anytime by contacting us at support@shopsync.io.

Texture Clothing

It's recommended that you do not have the automatic 'add to mailing list' box check on the payment page. It took me about 9 months to realize that ShopSync had been switching my customers to "non subscribe" when they made a purchase, because that box was unchecked. Because of this, Mailchimp omitted hundreds of my good, long time customers from my mailings. I have now switched to Klaviyo.

Retropilot

There is one significant flaw that you should be aware of before you install and use this app.

Let's say my email is james@gmail.com. I make a purchase for my friend, Mark. The shipping address name is Mark Smith. The billing address name is James Johnson. The app will sync the SHIPPING name to my email (james@gmail.com).

This means when I go to send a newsletter to james@gmail.com and use personalisation in the email, it will say "Hi Mark!" - when my name is actually James.

Shopsync support confirmed this is a known flaw. If you want to use personalisation in your email marketing, you must be aware that this app will 'corrupt' your mailing list by mixing up names.

This might not be an issue for you if your customers only ever ship to themselves.

January 17, 2020

HI Retropilot, thank you for sharing this feedback. After seeing the scenario you described, we dug into the issue deeper and it turns out this is a known Shopify bug, not anything with ShopSync. Here is a response from their support team we received:

"It looks like this is a frustration that more than a few merchants have brought to us. Currently, when a customer account is created Shopify sets the default address as the shipping address instead of the billing address. If the customer put in a new shipping address this would be taken to be the new default address as well. There is no way for the merchant to make this change on their own and to make that change our devs would need to do something system-wide to adjust it to be billing first instead of shipping. The only workaround currently is the laborious process of editing a customer's default address after their account is created."

The good news is that Shopify is aware of the problem and it looks like they will be working to address the issue in the future. Thank you for using ShopSync and let us know if you have any other questions.

Oxy-Angel

I want to ask, why tags not sync to mailchimp. I will update this review and possible upgrade our subscription if tags problem will be addressed.

January 7, 2020

Update 1/23/20: The tagging feature is now live! Here's more information about getting started with it: https://support.shopsync.io/features/tag-mapper.

Please let us know if you have any questions. If this helps you out with your marketing efforts, please consider updating your review.

Hi there, thank you for the review. Tags are on their way :) Due to the Holidays we've been a little less active with our releases than normal. We hope things will be shipped in the next few weeks.

In the interim, could you use Mailchimp's segmentation features to isolate and target your users?

Previous 1