ShopSync

ShopSync

by ShopSync

Connect your store with Mailchimp

Brutal Art

Installation Is easy and the initial sync is working, however impossible after to sync any new entry except if I am forcing new sync.
The most frustrating issue is to have to pay to access support to solve the issus

Jaipur Atelier

I've installed this app, but I'm not totally sure it's syncing everything properly. I'm still using mailchimp, but I'm not sure any of my automations are sending.

May 13, 2020

Hi there, thanks for reaching out. We looked at the connection you have with ShopSync on your store and everything looks great on our side. We see successful syncs of data as recent as today.

If you're having trouble or have questions about Automations in Mailchimp, you can reach out to their excellent support team at https://mailchimp.com/help/mailchimp-support-options/. If you need us for anything else, don't hesitate to get in touch at support@shopsync.io.

O. Store

Great import and connection with Mailchimp. But, I lost all my tracking in GA and on FB :/ So uninstalled again... and tracking worked.

Too bad, what I experienced with Shopsync seemed awesome until I discovered the tracking issue.

February 17, 2020

Hi there, we saw your review and wanted to reach out right away.

Can you help us understand what you're referring to regarding tracking? We don't see any support tickets open and this isn't something we're familiar with in regard to the core functionality of our app; we would definitely like to learn more about the problem you're experiencing.

You can reach out to us anytime by contacting us at support@shopsync.io.

Texture Clothing

It's recommended that you do not have the automatic 'add to mailing list' box check on the payment page. It took me about 9 months to realize that ShopSync had been switching my customers to "non subscribe" when they made a purchase, because that box was unchecked. Because of this, Mailchimp omitted hundreds of my good, long time customers from my mailings. I have now switched to Klaviyo.

Retropilot

There is one significant flaw that you should be aware of before you install and use this app.

Let's say my email is james@gmail.com. I make a purchase for my friend, Mark. The shipping address name is Mark Smith. The billing address name is James Johnson. The app will sync the SHIPPING name to my email (james@gmail.com).

This means when I go to send a newsletter to james@gmail.com and use personalisation in the email, it will say "Hi Mark!" - when my name is actually James.

Shopsync support confirmed this is a known flaw. If you want to use personalisation in your email marketing, you must be aware that this app will 'corrupt' your mailing list by mixing up names.

This might not be an issue for you if your customers only ever ship to themselves.

January 17, 2020

HI Retropilot, thank you for sharing this feedback. After seeing the scenario you described, we dug into the issue deeper and it turns out this is a known Shopify bug, not anything with ShopSync. Here is a response from their support team we received:

"It looks like this is a frustration that more than a few merchants have brought to us. Currently, when a customer account is created Shopify sets the default address as the shipping address instead of the billing address. If the customer put in a new shipping address this would be taken to be the new default address as well. There is no way for the merchant to make this change on their own and to make that change our devs would need to do something system-wide to adjust it to be billing first instead of shipping. The only workaround currently is the laborious process of editing a customer's default address after their account is created."

The good news is that Shopify is aware of the problem and it looks like they will be working to address the issue in the future. Thank you for using ShopSync and let us know if you have any other questions.

Oxy-Angel

I want to ask, why tags not sync to mailchimp. I will update this review and possible upgrade our subscription if tags problem will be addressed.

January 7, 2020

Update 1/23/20: The tagging feature is now live! Here's more information about getting started with it: https://support.shopsync.io/features/tag-mapper.

Please let us know if you have any questions. If this helps you out with your marketing efforts, please consider updating your review.

Hi there, thank you for the review. Tags are on their way :) Due to the Holidays we've been a little less active with our releases than normal. We hope things will be shipped in the next few weeks.

In the interim, could you use Mailchimp's segmentation features to isolate and target your users?

PrendaBella

I noticed this app was not synching my contacts to Mailchimp correctly. Their tech support gave me a lot of explanations such as "my contacts had unsubscribed", etc., which was not accurate. I ended up uninstalling it and installing it again and finally it worked, but I'm not impressed by the "there's nothing they can do" response of their tech support. It's working so far but I'm skeptical and might have to switch to a more reliable service.

July 5, 2019

Hi there, thank you for the feedback. We saw your review, and it sounds like your issue may have been related to temporary delays in the processing of data with our server queues. Recently, we've had quite a bit of volume around installations and syncing which has led to occasional lags in the processing of information. Overall, these delays work themselves out rather quickly.

If something comes up in the future, don't hesitate to contact us for further troubleshooting at support@shopsync.io.

bluespacedoor.com

I just want to say every time I try to instill the app it says, the page you're looking for couldn't be found.

Work Shop Italy: ferramenta online, utensili professionali

since I used this app I have never had so many abuse reports and unsubscrivers, as well as many fake emails that did not appear on my list before ... at this point it is better to abandon mailchimp to find something more integrated.
very sad

Samuel

Michael Cherry Brand

Installing was very easy however I did have issues.I installed today but now my customers cannot subscribe currently and automations not resuming automatically since I archived them.

Previous 1