ShopSync

ShopSync

by ShopSync

Connect your store with Mailchimp

Long Table Distillery

I am not sure how it will work as it's a bit of a mystery. I had an import issue for an "Age Verification" field that was a required merge and their support put me through rigours that did not resolve the issue. The age verification field was a mandatory field and there was no alternative to map it to in the pop up field entries. I just mapped it to Customer Notes so it would merge my date between Shopify and Mailchimp but who knows if that can be changed later or fixed so it records proof of age properly - we sell alcohol so this is important!! I wish I could call and talk with someone but no such option exists so I am still riding blind and wondering if it will work at all - confidence is low right now.

October 21, 2020

Hi there, we saw your review and wanted to reach back out. We also replied to your support ticket that was posted for some of your other questions. With the situation you're describing in the review, you would need to contact Mailchimp if you're having any trouble getting that age verification merge tag put in. Once that's done, ShopSync's merge tag mapper can populate data in that field with no issue. If you want to fill in past data for any reason, you could initiate a force resync from the ShopSync app inside of Shopify.

Please let us know if you need additional support around the features in ShopSync, we're happy to help anytime.

Oakland Roots SC

The app technically works, but there is a glaring bug that I'm not sure anyone has figured out a workaround for. If you send an email to a subscribed customer through Mailchimp and they click through the email and make a purchase but do not check the email opt in at the check out page, they get changed to transactional emails only. Meaning that you can't send them marketing comms moving forward. This leads to your highest quality subscribers essentially being opted out. Also, if they make it through the check out process AND check the box to receive email comms, the data gets passed through to Mailchimp as if they are a new subscriber and will get put into whatever onboarding workflow you have set up (if you have an onboarding program for new subs). So yes, this app works, but it often provides an experience for the end user that can make you and your site look like you don't know what you're doing an ultimately can turn people off to buying your products. I hope this gets sorted out eventually.

October 19, 2020

Hi there, thank you for the feedback. We wanted to let you know that this behavior was patched on 10/12: https://shopsync.io/changelog.

Here is more information about it in our support area on how we handle those situations: https://support.shopsync.io/using-shopsync/syncing-information#subscribers-added-to-a-mailchimp-audience-prior-to-checking-out-in-your-shopify-store

If you're still having challenges with this after the update, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@shopsync.io.

CP Designs Unlimited, LLC

I used this app to help me sync MailChimp with Shopify. Seemingly that is fine (although I received an email stating otherwise). I upgraded to ProPlan so I could contact Customer Support. Response? You need to upgrade to ProPlan. I'm hoping my experience improves.

September 1, 2020

Hi there, thank you for the note. We'll be glad to help with any issue or problem that comes up with the app. Please reach out to us at support@shopsync.io.

Christmas Songs & Carols

This works but the Merge fields aren't showing for me and when a customer signs up to our newsletter it takes about 5-10 minutes to send to Mailchimp and sometimes doesn't send at all even though in their knowledge base it says real time sync.

Only using the app because the Mailchimp platform is so great.

August 3, 2020

Hi there, thank you for the feedback. We saw your review and wanted to drop a note on the syncing times. We rely on Shopify to send us webhooks for any kind of update on customers, products, and orders. Depending on the volume on Shopify's infrastructure at that specific point in time, webhooks may have been delayed. Normally, transfer times are close to real-time to Mailchimp.

Ultimately, data is not lost if there is a backlog of information to process, it just may take a few minutes to go through if the queues are backed up. We'll update our documentation to reflect this possibility, thanks again for the feedback.

Trapunto

ShopSync seems to do an excellent job until we passed the 2,000 limit on MailChimp. I cleaned our contacts of people who haven't been engaging, and our subscriber count became accurate again, freeing up room. However, looking today, I somehow gained another 20 or so contacts and seeing they aren't subscribed, I cleaned the list again. It seems like whoever is making a purchase is automatically being added to our contact list. Is there any way to not allow that to happen? I really don't have time to maintain my contact list daily.

May 11, 2020

Hi there, thanks for your feedback. Out of the box, ShopSync is designed to be a connector between Shopify and Mailchimp. Our app is engineered to sync all orders, customers (who accept marketing), products, and revenue data.

If you would like to periodically remove users in your Audience, that's totally up to your discretion.

RacingRant

Support is good once accessed. Hours are quite limited.

The only option within the app to troubleshoot is called a "Force Resync". This option resyncs every single order ever placed in the shop (40,000) and takes days with no means of cancelling or pausing.

I am told that my feedback has been received.

After canvassing multiple options for connecting Shopify to Mailchimp, I would prefer Shopsync

Chileanwines

Really we need pay to try connect with chat support ? Yo need improve your service if you want offer a good product.

January 23, 2020

Hi there, yes, if you would like to chat with us directly, we ask for a nominal fee of $5/mo. to help cover customer support, development and server costs. You may cancel anytime.

We're typically available M-F from 9 to 3 pm ET; if for any reason we're not around during those hours, feel free to drop us a note and we'll get right back to you. Also, we have an extensive knowledgebase available 24/7 that can address most questions about ShopSync.

Happy to help anytime, just let us know.

Adventure Sports Kitesurf Australia

The sync works well, but we could do with more options on who is synced to our email service. We are paying to have unsubscribed contacts in the system which isn't a viable option long term.

F A S H I O N P A R A D I G M A

I have not been able to connect this app to my shopify store. Is it working?
"The page you’re looking for couldn’t be found"

June 7, 2019

Hi there, in cases where the process seems to begin, but just spins and then either times out or does not complete successfully, we have found that one of the below methods typically resolves the issue. At your earliest convenience, if you could try the following and get back to us if the issue remains:

First, cancel the current sync if it is still spinning in the account. Then try:‌
Clearing your cache and Cookies from the beginning of time. Here is a guide to help: https://mailchimp.com/help/about-browser-cookies-and-cache/
If that fails, try completing the sync again using an incognito window in Google Chrome.

If it persists, the next step would be to try the sync using a different device.
Should none of those options resolve the issue, it may be necessary to perform the actions using a different device on a different internet network. Like at home, school, or work.

‌For context, whenever an internet application is accessed and worked with on a device, that device as well as the internet browser being used stores data which can interfere with new processes until the cache is cleared.‌

If the problems persist after trying all of the above steps, please reach back out to us as soon as possible, and we will do all we can to look into and resolve this issue with you.

Loba Mane

The integration didn't go smoothly for us. It imported a long list of unknown subscribers to our list, which (after we resume our automation) received Welcome message, triggering many unsubscriptions, and leading to a warning from Mailchimp thinking we were spamming.
ShopSync explained to us that it may have been that MailChimp's old app failed to import them.
Fast, friendly and helpful customer support!

Previous 1 3