ShopSync

ShopSync

by ShopSync

Connect your store with Mailchimp

Christmas Songs & Carols

This works but the Merge fields aren't showing for me and when a customer signs up to our newsletter it takes about 5-10 minutes to send to Mailchimp and sometimes doesn't send at all even though in their knowledge base it says real time sync.

Only using the app because the Mailchimp platform is so great.

August 3, 2020

Hi there, thank you for the feedback. We saw your review and wanted to drop a note on the syncing times. We rely on Shopify to send us webhooks for any kind of update on customers, products, and orders. Depending on the volume on Shopify's infrastructure at that specific point in time, webhooks may have been delayed. Normally, transfer times are close to real-time to Mailchimp.

Ultimately, data is not lost if there is a backlog of information to process, it just may take a few minutes to go through if the queues are backed up. We'll update our documentation to reflect this possibility, thanks again for the feedback.

Trapunto

ShopSync seems to do an excellent job until we passed the 2,000 limit on MailChimp. I cleaned our contacts of people who haven't been engaging, and our subscriber count became accurate again, freeing up room. However, looking today, I somehow gained another 20 or so contacts and seeing they aren't subscribed, I cleaned the list again. It seems like whoever is making a purchase is automatically being added to our contact list. Is there any way to not allow that to happen? I really don't have time to maintain my contact list daily.

May 11, 2020

Hi there, thanks for your feedback. Out of the box, ShopSync is designed to be a connector between Shopify and Mailchimp. Our app is engineered to sync all orders, customers (who accept marketing), products, and revenue data.

If you would like to periodically remove users in your Audience, that's totally up to your discretion.

RacingRant

Support is good once accessed. Hours are quite limited.

The only option within the app to troubleshoot is called a "Force Resync". This option resyncs every single order ever placed in the shop (40,000) and takes days with no means of cancelling or pausing.

I am told that my feedback has been received.

After canvassing multiple options for connecting Shopify to Mailchimp, I would prefer Shopsync

Chileanwines

Really we need pay to try connect with chat support ? Yo need improve your service if you want offer a good product.

January 23, 2020

Hi there, yes, if you would like to chat with us directly, we ask for a nominal fee of $5/mo. to help cover customer support, development and server costs. You may cancel anytime.

We're typically available M-F from 9 to 3 pm ET; if for any reason we're not around during those hours, feel free to drop us a note and we'll get right back to you. Also, we have an extensive knowledgebase available 24/7 that can address most questions about ShopSync.

Happy to help anytime, just let us know.

Adventure Sports Kitesurf Australia

The sync works well, but we could do with more options on who is synced to our email service. We are paying to have unsubscribed contacts in the system which isn't a viable option long term.

F A S H I O N P A R A D I G M A

I have not been able to connect this app to my shopify store. Is it working?
"The page you’re looking for couldn’t be found"

June 7, 2019

Hi there, in cases where the process seems to begin, but just spins and then either times out or does not complete successfully, we have found that one of the below methods typically resolves the issue. At your earliest convenience, if you could try the following and get back to us if the issue remains:

First, cancel the current sync if it is still spinning in the account. Then try:‌
Clearing your cache and Cookies from the beginning of time. Here is a guide to help: https://mailchimp.com/help/about-browser-cookies-and-cache/
If that fails, try completing the sync again using an incognito window in Google Chrome.

If it persists, the next step would be to try the sync using a different device.
Should none of those options resolve the issue, it may be necessary to perform the actions using a different device on a different internet network. Like at home, school, or work.

‌For context, whenever an internet application is accessed and worked with on a device, that device as well as the internet browser being used stores data which can interfere with new processes until the cache is cleared.‌

If the problems persist after trying all of the above steps, please reach back out to us as soon as possible, and we will do all we can to look into and resolve this issue with you.

Loba Mane

The integration didn't go smoothly for us. It imported a long list of unknown subscribers to our list, which (after we resume our automation) received Welcome message, triggering many unsubscriptions, and leading to a warning from Mailchimp thinking we were spamming.
ShopSync explained to us that it may have been that MailChimp's old app failed to import them.
Fast, friendly and helpful customer support!

Life-force-energetic-art

So far so good. The transition was simple and seamless, ad the Shop Sync support team did a great job creating a tutorial that was VERY helpful!

May 21, 2019

Thanks for the kind words. Do you have any feedback for us on the 3-star rating vs. being a 5-star? Was there anywhere we fell short?

wowch

I know it's free. I know mailchimp told me to install it. Still not exactly sure what it does??? Also can't figure out how to sync more than 1 email list.

Also I just discovered that the sync somehow added an additional 1300+ emails to my list? where did these come from? Now I'm over the free limit and my list is friggin' useless.

May 20, 2019

Hi there, ShopSync is designed to be a connector between Shopify and Mailchimp. Our app is engineered to sync all orders, customers (who accept marketing), products and revenue data. All automations and pop-up configuration is still handled in your Mailchimp dashboard business as usual; we just send data to the list you choose.

At this time, you can only send to one Mailchimp list or audience. However, you may use segments, groups, and tags in Mailchimp to organize your subscriber base. Here is a handy link to MailChimp's Knowledge Base article on segments: https://mailchimp.com/help/getting-started-with-segments/

Health IS Wealth

I was able to install the app and complete the sync without any problems. My biggest concern is that my email list DOUBLED in size and now I'm left wondering where all of the extra subscribers came from. Are they real subscribers or people that previously unsubscribed? Or did I get random emails connected to my list?
My business reputation is on the line and I will be sending an explanatory email to all of my customers regarding the new integration with ShopSync.

May 14, 2019

Hi, thank you for your feedback. There could be various reasons why subscriber counts have gone up after the initial sync. In most situations, we've seen that the legacy 'Mailchimp for Shopify' integration was previously installed, and contacts were not added to the list. This could've been with failures on submission to Mailchimp with merge tags being required, rejected by the API or just missed entirely. When ShopSync was activated, these customers have finally been added the list. We've seen many examples that the old app just wasn't working correctly.

If you're at all concerned that subscribers on a list that shouldn't be or you think it's been too long of period since these customers were contacted, we recommend sending out a light email - maybe something to the effect of "We're updating our customer newsletter software, click here to opt-out if you don't want to receive further messages from us". Another option is to bulk unsubscribe these users based on their last purchase.

Also, it's worth mentioning how our initial sync works. Before any data is processed by ShopSync, we perform integrity checks with Mailchimp to ensure these customers can be sent to the list that is connected.

For example, if someone has unsubscribed from list in the past, we won't add the email again. We'll also update Shopify with the correct status that Mailchimp shows. That way, the most current subscriber status in Mailchimp is synced with your store. However, if you've deleted contacts deleted from a list there are some important things to know.

If you delete a customer from an audience, it removes their history from Mailchimp. Unsubscribing keeps a trace of the customer, and we use it as a baseline for our logic. If there's no record of the customer in Mailchimp, we will then add them a subscriber if they've Accepted Marketing in Shopify.
The deleting customer scenario versus unsubscribing has been challenging for everyone. It's a source for many of the "Help! my contact list counts have increased!" support requests we've received. Unfortunately, there's no perfect solution, if we don't see a customer in Mailchimp (because they've been deleted), then we have no choice but to honor the Shopify marketing status that is available. Otherwise, we're going to get complaints the other way.

After the initial sync is complete, we'll continue adding customers, orders, and products from your store to Mailchimp as transactions occur. We'll add customers that visit your store who are deemed transactional as well. That way, you can use Mailchimp's automations to trigger abandoned carts and order notifications. If someone unsubscribes from a Mailchimp campaign or automation in the future, we'll sync the opt-out status back to Shopify and vice versa.

Let us know if you have any follow up questions or visit our support desk to learn more information about ShopSync: https://support.shopsync.io.

Previous 1