ShopSync

ShopSync

by ShopSync

Connect your store with Mailchimp

Adventure Sports Kitesurf Australia

The sync works well, but we could do with more options on who is synced to our email service. We are paying to have unsubscribed contacts in the system which isn't a viable option long term.

F A S H I O N P A R A D I G M A

I have not been able to connect this app to my shopify store. Is it working?
"The page you’re looking for couldn’t be found"

June 7, 2019

Hi there, in cases where the process seems to begin, but just spins and then either times out or does not complete successfully, we have found that one of the below methods typically resolves the issue. At your earliest convenience, if you could try the following and get back to us if the issue remains:

First, cancel the current sync if it is still spinning in the account. Then try:‌
Clearing your cache and Cookies from the beginning of time. Here is a guide to help: https://mailchimp.com/help/about-browser-cookies-and-cache/
If that fails, try completing the sync again using an incognito window in Google Chrome.

If it persists, the next step would be to try the sync using a different device.
Should none of those options resolve the issue, it may be necessary to perform the actions using a different device on a different internet network. Like at home, school, or work.

‌For context, whenever an internet application is accessed and worked with on a device, that device as well as the internet browser being used stores data which can interfere with new processes until the cache is cleared.‌

If the problems persist after trying all of the above steps, please reach back out to us as soon as possible, and we will do all we can to look into and resolve this issue with you.

Loba Mane

The integration didn't go smoothly for us. It imported a long list of unknown subscribers to our list, which (after we resume our automation) received Welcome message, triggering many unsubscriptions, and leading to a warning from Mailchimp thinking we were spamming.
ShopSync explained to us that it may have been that MailChimp's old app failed to import them.
Fast, friendly and helpful customer support!

Life-force-energetic-art

So far so good. The transition was simple and seamless, ad the Shop Sync support team did a great job creating a tutorial that was VERY helpful!

May 21, 2019

Thanks for the kind words. Do you have any feedback for us on the 3-star rating vs. being a 5-star? Was there anywhere we fell short?

wowch

I know it's free. I know mailchimp told me to install it. Still not exactly sure what it does??? Also can't figure out how to sync more than 1 email list.

Also I just discovered that the sync somehow added an additional 1300+ emails to my list? where did these come from? Now I'm over the free limit and my list is friggin' useless.

May 20, 2019

Hi there, ShopSync is designed to be a connector between Shopify and Mailchimp. Our app is engineered to sync all orders, customers (who accept marketing), products and revenue data. All automations and pop-up configuration is still handled in your Mailchimp dashboard business as usual; we just send data to the list you choose.

At this time, you can only send to one Mailchimp list or audience. However, you may use segments, groups, and tags in Mailchimp to organize your subscriber base. Here is a handy link to MailChimp's Knowledge Base article on segments: https://mailchimp.com/help/getting-started-with-segments/

Health IS Wealth

I was able to install the app and complete the sync without any problems. My biggest concern is that my email list DOUBLED in size and now I'm left wondering where all of the extra subscribers came from. Are they real subscribers or people that previously unsubscribed? Or did I get random emails connected to my list?
My business reputation is on the line and I will be sending an explanatory email to all of my customers regarding the new integration with ShopSync.

May 14, 2019

Hi, thank you for your feedback. There could be various reasons why subscriber counts have gone up after the initial sync. In most situations, we've seen that the legacy 'Mailchimp for Shopify' integration was previously installed, and contacts were not added to the list. This could've been with failures on submission to Mailchimp with merge tags being required, rejected by the API or just missed entirely. When ShopSync was activated, these customers have finally been added the list. We've seen many examples that the old app just wasn't working correctly.

If you're at all concerned that subscribers on a list that shouldn't be or you think it's been too long of period since these customers were contacted, we recommend sending out a light email - maybe something to the effect of "We're updating our customer newsletter software, click here to opt-out if you don't want to receive further messages from us". Another option is to bulk unsubscribe these users based on their last purchase.

Also, it's worth mentioning how our initial sync works. Before any data is processed by ShopSync, we perform integrity checks with Mailchimp to ensure these customers can be sent to the list that is connected.

For example, if someone has unsubscribed from list in the past, we won't add the email again. We'll also update Shopify with the correct status that Mailchimp shows. That way, the most current subscriber status in Mailchimp is synced with your store. However, if you've deleted contacts deleted from a list there are some important things to know.

If you delete a customer from an audience, it removes their history from Mailchimp. Unsubscribing keeps a trace of the customer, and we use it as a baseline for our logic. If there's no record of the customer in Mailchimp, we will then add them a subscriber if they've Accepted Marketing in Shopify.
The deleting customer scenario versus unsubscribing has been challenging for everyone. It's a source for many of the "Help! my contact list counts have increased!" support requests we've received. Unfortunately, there's no perfect solution, if we don't see a customer in Mailchimp (because they've been deleted), then we have no choice but to honor the Shopify marketing status that is available. Otherwise, we're going to get complaints the other way.

After the initial sync is complete, we'll continue adding customers, orders, and products from your store to Mailchimp as transactions occur. We'll add customers that visit your store who are deemed transactional as well. That way, you can use Mailchimp's automations to trigger abandoned carts and order notifications. If someone unsubscribes from a Mailchimp campaign or automation in the future, we'll sync the opt-out status back to Shopify and vice versa.

Let us know if you have any follow up questions or visit our support desk to learn more information about ShopSync: https://support.shopsync.io.

InterAktiv Health

Finally got Shopsync setup, had to keep going back to video tutorial and written instructions as it wasn't as clear on one of the steps if you're not experienced IT. Help desk was only available to paid subscription users and not us potential paying subscribers. Fingers-crossed that it works.

May 13, 2019

Hi there, thank you for the feedback. We saw your review and wanted to clarify a few things. 1) What video tutorial are you referring to? 2) ShopSync is a free app, and we're happy to answer any questions you may have.

If you have a moment, please send your replies to support@shopsync.io.

Retrogression

Despite following every detail of the instructions provided by Mailchimp to pause and migrate our automated Welcome email series and Abandoned Cart series (which wasn't exactly rocket science), they are not working. Contacted ShopSync about it, they told me to talk to Mailchimp. Round and round we go...

Update: After some expected back & forth with Mailchimp I had to re-create my automations and deleted the old ones that weren't working. So far things seem to be okay, but it really shoudn't have been so hard.

I feel if you're going to roll out a "solution" like this that allows people to still use Mailchimp after their messy breakup with Shopify, it should be ready to roll without the end user needing to figure out how to work out the bugs.

I also just noticed that on the exact date we synced to this app, our number of contacts somehow DOUBLED and put us into a much higher price bracket with Mailchimp. Still waiting to hear back from them about that one.

Gifts 4 All

When I imported my subscribers about one quarter didn't import. Not sure what to do. Concerned to say the least

Singal's

The app does the basic job but far from good. As soon as I installed the app, I had around 1500 new subscribers a lot of them were people who had 'Unsubscribed' from our mailing list in Mailchimp in the past but now since this app picks up the data again from Shopify these people have been enrolled again in as Subscribed contacts in our list and I have no way to tell which ones are which. A number of customers can get frustrated now getting emails that they unsubscribed to in the past. Mailchimp and Shopify acting like a bunch of kids causing pains to the small merchants like us.

Previous 1