ShopSync

ShopSync

by ShopSync

Connect your store with Mailchimp

Winternational.co.uk

I have mostly enjoyed using this app and it is very helpful to be able to keep using Mailchimp. However this app has one huge flaw. I have learned after a year of using it, that it unsubscribes your most engaged followers and purchasers when they purchase from your store. That is unless they re-tick your receive emails button.

Why would a customer who knows they receive your emails sign up again? I wouldn't do that...we all want smaller inboxes these days and so you would not do it. We use Mailchimp so our customers will have used a double opt in at sign up and they also have an unsubscribe button with each marketing email they receive. I think we cover the issue correctly, so it seems that this is over zealous interpretation of the situation.

So as it stands I may lose the ability to contact customers who have previously signed up for our emails because of this system. I have seen other comments on this topic in the reviews.

Please help Shopsync, thank you as your app is moslty great but this is really affecting our ability to communicate with regular purchasers and it takes way less money and time and effort to covert someone who has previously purchased from us. We are advised to concentrate on selling to existing customers as well as new ones. Thank you so much!

May 11, 2020

Hi there, thank you for the feedback. The problem here is more complicated than it seems with repeat customers. When Shopify sends the order to us via their API, we can only see their marketing status at the time of the most recent checkout. We have to take that as "the truth" at that moment and apply logic to the submission into Mailchimp.

We would hope that repeat customers would always want to remain opted in, but obviously, that's not realistic. For example, maybe a customer signs up for a promo and decides on their next checkout, they no longer want to be on your list. Unfortunately, there's no great way for us to know what the customer's intentions are other than taking what Shopify gives us at that time.

The happy medium in this situation is to mark them as Transactional in Mailchimp if they do not opt-in at checkout the next time around. That way, you can still trigger abandoned carts, order updates, etc. We made this update in December of last year. You can see version v1.1.4 rolled out on the 20th that now works in the manner described on our changelog: https://shopsync.io/changelog.

If it's permitted in your country, you could consider pre-selecting the opt-in box. You would need to check with your local regulatory agencies to see if that's something that is allowed.

Daria Day

I love MailChimp and I am glad to have ShopSync that allows me to continue using MC. Great app. great support. Highly recommend it

Essential Being Co., LLC

I use this app to sync to Mailchimp. It does a great job except that new subscribers no longer appear in Shopify. I didn’t realize I was getting new subscribers until I logged into Mailchimp

Stona

I thought my installation was done with Mailchimp since Mailchimp dissapeared from Shopify, but I just click on the ShopSync app and shows it is not connected. A message with "Temporary Installation Cookie Must Be Set
Your browser is preventing the installation of ShopSync. A temporary cookie must be set by clicking here." comes up, but after clicking and refreshing nothing happens and the app still does not work. Please help

UPDATE: The problem was solved and it was indeed related to the browser. Thank you!

February 10, 2020

Hi Stona, thank you for the feedback. We saw your review and it sounds like your issue may be related to a browser caching issue or just a temporary problem with Shopify's app store. We'd suggest clearing your cookies/cache or trying another browser entirely.

If the problem persists, don't hesitate to contact us for further troubleshooting at support@shopsync.io.

Perfect Drinks LTD

Basic functionality works well - I've not had it installed long.

They do keep spamming asking for reviews though, with no way to unsubscribe.

August 28, 2019

Hi there, thank you for using ShopSync. We apologize for any hassle with communications coming your way that you did not want to receive. If you would like to opt-out from these, simply click the Disable button next to ShopSync Communications inside the app.

LoveLee Bath & Wax

I had some trouble getting ShopSync to connect with my store at first. I decided to give up & try again the next day. It worked perfect the second time I tried. I was using the same tablet, internet connection, etc both times, so I'm guessing it was just a glitch or something the first time. Once I got it connected with my store & mail chimp, I was able to quickly & easily export my mailing list from Shopify to Mail Chimp. This is the perfect way to be able to continue using Mail Chimp with Shopify, & I'm so grateful to have this app.

Ana Buendia

I used it to connect my mail chimp account and worked good. I been using it for three weeks, so there might be some features that I havent try at this time

Bunny Bikini Hut

Quick and easy to install and seems to be working 90%. I did notice that my Shopify pop-up form no longer worked after installing this update (customers were not receiving my automation emails), but the other forms on my website seem to working the same as usual. Would definitely recommend this app as a solution to for the Shopify X Mailchimp breakup.

VYEN

First time Mailchimp user and didn’t realise that Mailchimp has parted way with Shopify. Luckily Shopsync is available to enable Mailchimp availability to my Shopify store. So far so good.

Savorista Coffee

So far so good. I had some problems setting it up, but the ShopSync team was much more helpful than Mailchimp's team.

The app seems to do what it says it will do and I haven't had any problems once I've been up and running

Previous 1 3