KAD Pre‑order

KAD Pre‑order

by KAD::Systems

The best way to start selling Pre-orders. Free for 2 products!

Sister Jane

While I think the simple-pre order app has a lot of potential (has the best interface of all the pre-order apps and intuitive functionalities) I have to unfortunately 2 stars due to the app performance:

1) A number of server issues over the last few months caused the app to be unresponsive and very slow. In one instance, due to server problems, the app stopped accounting for pre-orders causing many products to oversell. This was a problem that applied to all user base but it took a week to solve...

2) Other server issues made the app very difficult to access and edit as it simply would be too slow to load in the shopify back end. Eventually, the problem was so big that the pre-order app was also slowing our front end and had to disable it to avoid grinding our store to a halt.
Issues have since been resolved and the app works fine now, however, the fact that these issues happened 3 times in 2 months suggests that there is a risk for reliability and continuity of service

3) The pre-order button stopped working correctly on our store and while support has been very courteous in their responses, they were very slow to reply and address any issues. Due to the issue not being resolved after 2 weeks we have decided to give up an uninstall the app, which is a shame.

4) App does not work with slide out cart (this is indicated in the app guidance so it is expected behaviour, but still is not ideal compared to other options).

I wish this app would work as it is supposed to, without server issues and without the little bugs that appear here and there.

Maybe with a little more effort this app can improve and will look at it again in the future.

December 20, 2019

We are very sorry that our application let you down. We really ran into technical problems of the server part this month, and all of them are almost completely resolved.

I understand that you would like much more operational support, and we are sorry that we could not provide you support as quickly as you would like. Our small development team had not previously encountered server problems of this magnitude, which led to a long lead time for applications.

It's a pity to admit this, but our application does not work with pop-up baskets, and the listing of our application does not say otherwise. This function will be implemented in the future, but now it is not.

We value each of our clients and will try to improve its stability; we are now working on this. Please stay in touch with our support so that we can find a personalized solution for you.

kennaandthechaos

I tried doing some items pre order in my shop and it doesn't show up like it says it will... I did a test run and theres not "pre order now" button. It doesn't give you a whole lot of info to help you to fix the problem

March 25, 2019

We are very sorry that you encountered difficulties when using our application. Our support is in a hurry to contact you to help solve this situation. Hold on!

Nick Noir

Initially, I was frustrated that customer support completely ignored my emails (before X-mas) while I tried to ask a question about the app. The app does as designed as far as I can tell, which is more than I can say for other apps in the Shopify store. I heard back from the owner of this app after the new year and he apologized and took care of the issue. Rating as been adjusted to reflect my experience.

UPDATE: The owner of the app emailed me daily to straighten out the problem. I spent some time to find the email he was asking about but once I emailed back (multiple times) I haven't heard a word. Spotty customer service.

April 3, 2019

Hello Nick, we are very sorry that this situation has occurred. We are trying to contact you in order to resolve the situation, but we cannot contact you in any way. Please respond to our emails so that we can sort things out.