SimplyCost ‑ Profit Tracking , 126 reviews

4.8
February 21, 2018

Very happy with the app. A very simple way to keep track of your profit. It's easy to add extra costs to allow for shipping and packaging. The reports are clear and easy to read. I especially like the report by month that lets you see how your revenue, cost of sales, and profit are tracking.
The bulk update via a spreadsheet is also very useful for see all the prices of our kids watches that we sell in NZ.

Kidswatchesnz
New Zealand
Time spent using app: 5 months
January 31, 2018

A great app - laid out well and easy to use. We have over 12k SKU's and now with the app can account for cost margins for all the items. Sam is very responsive and helpful. I highly recommend.

Compleatangler
Time spent using app: 9 months
Edited January 20, 2018

First time I installed it, it did not work. Left feedback and then support contacted me. Apparently they were fixing the servers. Then I went back and installed it again. It worked this time and I was able to download the template csv so I can upload the COGS.

Bulk upload status email was in spam folder.

Other than that, app works fine and developer is on point in support. Numbers are correct. Everything works fine. Although, it would be good to be able include fees we incur from other marketplace like eBay, Amazon, PayPal, etc. But even without it, you can still manually calculate it with the help of this app (get the total profit the app gives you and subtract the marketplace fees from it).

Maybe if we had more sales, we might use this but right now a simple excel sheet with formulas are easier.

Otc Shoppe Express
Time spent using app: About 12 hours
Edited January 4, 2018

This app is very important for us (www.nomadostore.com), we've been managing inventory (450+ SKUs) without having having a clear view on the value of our stock and without being able to track profitability on a daily, weekly or even monthly basis. This wasn't a major issue until a few months ago when our business really took off.

Updating individual products is quite simple and the bulk upload function is very impressive. The app also comes with a range of useful reports.

Support from the developer has been perfect, we couldn't be happier.

Nomad Store Test
Belgium
Time spent using app: Almost 4 years
January 3, 2018

Shopify doesn't allow you to input costs, so figuring out exactly how much money you're making off each product has to be done elsewhere. This app is a simple, yet effective solution to this shortcoming. Quick, easy, and you can't beat the price!

Undrneath
Spain
Time spent using app: About 1 year
January 2, 2018

Love this app for the simple fact that I did inventory for my taxes in about 30 seconds! I trust my online inventory counts and had no idea how to access them without this app - it calculates your number of pieces in inventory, amount you paid, and amount of profit you will gain. Available CSV downloads as well - so worth it! I also love seeing how much profit I made in a given month. Only wish was that I could figure out how to more accurately input my shipping costs per transaction, but now I use the shipping feature on Shopify and hoping that is calculated now that it is linked. Great app!

Barn Chic Antiques
Time spent using app: Almost 2 years
Edited January 2, 2018

Provides a very simple solution to the problem of Shopify not having a way to record the cost prices. Easy to instal and the support was quick to answer a couple of queries. I would say this is an essential app and recommend it.

Therawchocolateshop
Time spent using app: Almost 5 years
January 2, 2018

I have found this very useful for calculating an accurate figure of my cost of goods sold, an essential figure to know when calculating profit! Easy to use app and affordable.

Glow Organic
Time spent using app: 6 months
January 2, 2018

For the price, you can't beat SimplyCost. It helps me figure out how much money I am making off certain products and helps me figure out the dollar amount of inventory I have. Plus, the customer service is quick and easy.

Nellie Taft
Time spent using app: 2 months
December 12, 2017

Well worth the $4.99 a month. Easy to install and use and the customer service is very prompt with their responses.

Vapersandpapers Com