Create SKUs with ease for all your products in minutes. No more fighting excel tables to create codes.
You will be sure that all the SKUs are created using the rules that you set.
Using the app options you can ensure that the generated SKUs are unique for each product and product variant.
Over 40 options to choose from!
The app allows you to create SKUs by choosing a combination of codes created automatically, based on your product’s data or on the data you enter in the app.
- for all products in a collection
- for a set of products selected in the admin Products page or
- for all products in your store, in a single run
You can combine the following elements to create SKUs:
- PTA (Product title abbreviation)
- POA (Product options abbreviation)
- PTA (Product type abbreviation)
- PVA (Product vendor abbreviation)
- Auto number - It ensures that the created SKU code is unique for each run of the generator, unless you manually reset it. After each generation run it is incremented with the number of SKUs generated, so that the codes do not overlap. It also works with zero padded numbers like 001.
These code types are used for product options, product type and product vendor abbreviation.
- First character - Creates a 1 character code using the first character of the given name.
- First 2 - Creates a two-character code using the first two characters of the name.
- First 3 - Creates a three-character code using the first three characters of the name.
- First 4 - Creates a four-character code using the first four characters of the name.
- Code 2 - It creates a two-digit code for each name, starting with '01'. The code is unique for each name. You should use this if you have less than 100 unique names in that category (options, type or vendors).
- Code 3 - It creates a three-digit code for each name, starting with '001'. The code is unique for each name and works in the same way as 'Code 2'.
- Product Code 4 - Creates a 4 digit code for products - the code is unique for a product and once it is created it remains unchanged if you choose to re-generate SKUs or add variants to that product - you will always get the same code for a product.
SKU is short for Stock Keeping Unit, is made up of alphanumeric characters and is designed to be unique to a single product. It’s important to note that the SKU is not the same as a product’s UPC (barcode). If you are selling products it is important to set up your inventory correctly and one of the most important parts of this process is setting up the product SKU.
Automatic SKU Generation
The app can automatically generate SKUs when you create a new product or when you update a product. If this feature is activated, when a new product is created, the app will generate the SKU using the last used template.
Free to install
$9.95 one-time charge to unlock all manual generation options; $0.99 monthly to activate Automatic SKU Generation
Overall rating Based on 10 reviews
Most recent reviews
Amazing app and incredible value for money, as a secondhand store this has allowed us to uniquely identify each product which will revolutionise our picking and packing process. Always very helpful support and quick responses to any questions we might have, plus they have added custom features for us that has really helped us. My only wish would be that when we duplicate a product it automatically overwrites the SKU when you press save without you having to leave the field blank but otherwise couldn't be better!
Thank you for your review! We appreciate it.
This app is THE REAL time saver!!! It helps so much and saves weeks of work. Also, the support responded within a few minutes and was very effective and communicative. Thanks to these guys I generated SKUs the way I wanted within a few minutes! Will surely check out their other apps today
I used this app and it works really well, This is something like you think and it happens :) Cheers Guys!!!!
Also, I wanted some customize changes. The support guy was so helpful, he said can be done just give me 2 days. Great work guys, keep going!!!