Create SKUs with ease for all your products in minutes. No more fighting excel tables to create codes.
You will be sure that all the SKUs are created using the rules that you set.
Using the app options you can ensure that the generated SKUs are unique for each product and product variant.
Over 50 options to choose from!
The app allows you to create SKUs by choosing a combination of codes created automatically, based on your product’s data or on the data you enter in the app.
- for all products in a collection
- for a set of products selected in the admin Products page or
- for all products in your store, in a single run
- save in SKU or barcode field
You can combine the following elements to create SKUs:
- PTA (Product title abbreviation)
- POA (Product options abbreviation)
- PTA (Product type abbreviation)
- PVA (Product vendor abbreviation)
- Auto number - It ensures that the created SKU code is unique for each run of the generator, unless you manually reset it. After each generation run it is incremented with the number of SKUs generated, so that the codes do not overlap. It also works with zero padded numbers like 001.
These code types are used for product options, product type and product vendor abbreviation.
- First character - Creates a 1 character code using the first character of the given name.
- First 2 - Creates a two-character code using the first two characters of the name.
- First 3 - Creates a three-character code using the first three characters of the name.
- First 4 - Creates a four-character code using the first four characters of the name.
- Code 2 - It creates a two-digit code for each name, starting with '01'. The code is unique for each name. You should use this if you have less than 100 unique names in that category (options, type or vendors).
- Code 3 - It creates a three-digit code for each name, starting with '001'. The code is unique for each name and works in the same way as 'Code 2'.
- Product Code 4 - Creates a 4 digit code for products - the code is unique for a product and once it is created it remains unchanged if you choose to re-generate SKUs or add variants to that product - you will always get the same code for a product.
- Use Tags and Metafields as SKU components
- Custom codes for product options, types and vendors
Automatic SKU Generation
The app can automatically generate SKUs when you create a new product or when you update a product. If this feature is activated, when a new product is created, the app will generate the SKU using the last used template.
Product label printing
- Predefined label templates which can be copied and customized
- Customize up to three templates using liquid templating
- You can print labels for products in collections or for up to 50 selected products (from Shopify's product list, select products, then from the More actions dropdown select Print product labels)
- Can print barcode images for item barcode or SKUs using Code-128, EAN-13 or QR code encoding
Free to install
$9.95 one-time charge to unlock advanced options; $1.99/month for Automatic SKU Generation; $3.99/month for Custom Codes
Most recent reviews
I was struggling to format a very specific jewelry label . SKUGen was super responsive, trouble shooting my unique issue and working with me until it was resolved. I am extremely happy that I chose this particular app and would highly recommend it to others.
This is a great app with functionality for many needs. The standout though is their online assistance. They were super prompt at replying to emails and quickly fixed an issue I was having. Thank you Bogdan!
Thank you! I appreciate it!
SKUgen rocks! As a multi-channel retailer offering thousands of products from hundreds of brands, it is indispensable. This app solved our problem, and the support received in customizing it to ensure SKU uniqueness was phenomenal. We are very happy and highly recommend it. Just download and reach out if need be, you will be glad you did!