SMART Bundle Upsell

SMART Bundle Upsell

by SMART

Smart, adaptive & user friendly upsells.

Spotted By Humphrey

I use this app and it works great and is effective so I would give it 5 stars in that regard. However I do have some suggestions for improvement which I would love to see implemented in the future. I'm still going to use with this app because I wasn't able to find another app that resolves the below points (and may possibly mean it's just too complicated to implement). It's been about a week of using it and so far I am pleased with the results.

1. There is no way to automate the trigger products, so you have to select every item manually. This means that every time you add new products to your shop, you have to remember to include this in your bundle, if you want to make sure the upsell pop-up is triggered for every customer. It's not an issue if you only have a few products and don't frequently add new products to your shop. But as a retailer that brings in multiple products on a weekly basis, I'd love to have a 'set-it-and-forget-it' approach where there's a default option that can be the "catch all" or based on product collections, e.g. if you buy any item from the "Pen" collection, customer gets a pop-up showing pencil case, ruler, etc. -- this would be easier than manually adding every pen in the shop, or if you bring a new pen into your store, to remember to add it to the bundle.

2. Under Global Settings the app allows to customize fonts that will apply to all offers, but to customize the color of your pop ups, you have to set it for every bundle you create. Why not have color options in the Global Settings? I'm assuming most websites would want to set the colors according to their branding and have it be consistent for all pop-ups.

3. One of the options for upsell is to offer a certain discount or reward when the customer reaches a certain $ amount in their cart. However, if you set a minimum/maximum to this bundle, when the customer receives the pop-up, it shows a bar from $0 to the goal amount, and with each item the customer adds, the bar goes up. However, on the pop-up, it starts at $0 and not the actual amount in the cart. So for example, if the goal is set to $200, and the customer already had $50 in the cart, the pop-up shows a bar of $0 to $200 and it starts at $0 which is a bit misleading since the customer only needs to add $150 more, and not $200... sorry if this is not very clear.

Anyways all in all, I do like this app and will continue using it! I hope the developers take this as constructive feedback, and not any means to discredit their useful app.

April 5, 2019

Thanks so much for the feedback! You’ve made some great points. We will put these into our roadmap and get to them soon :)

Cheers,
Devin Zander
CEO SMART

Worldwidekingdom

Enjoying the App so far amazing and responsive support in the chat box of the app makes a huge difference if you have any issues be sure to reach out first!
Would like the option for it to trigger upon add to cart though so have to do a work around for the time being, if it had that option would be a 5 star app!

Iwoodd Com

Great app. Great support. 4 Star for price. Seems high compared to others.

Hookahlover

This is a great app. Very helpful, but a too expensive. Not worth spent money.

Tech Demand

Usefull app, good for bundeling and adding sales to items

Superteazy

Great customer service, quick to reply and they really help you to solve your problem. Easy to use app. Installed this about three weeks ago, no upsells yet received, so cannot say anything about that yet, but when we've got some, I'll give you an update!

Pinkohana

Great tool and app saves a lot of time!

Zorazara

I love the app and how easy it is to set it up. I read a feedback where the guy said, it increases the loading times, particularly on mobile devices. I asked a few people to browse on my page and trigger the upsells etc. They didnt have problems. Curious if anyone has had problems with loading times on mobile?

Bellasunflower

Good stuff! Great picture and effects. I have linear funnels upsell app and compared to this I like how it maintains native website sales. If I were the developer the only thing I would add is a 1 click buy feature after they have already purchased, like click funnels

Fullfuntoys

First of all the idea behind the app is great. If you want to make money this is a great partner.
It is an app with lots of updates so you know the team behind are serious. I have not tried the support but I feel secure becuase the informations level is so high - maybe a little to high - you'll get a lot og mails.
It's an app the demand action. I don't know if it could be done more smart but you'll have to invest some time to learn and use it. Please split test with the app - you can't be sure what your buyers will react best too. You will get better with time - and with better means, earn more money on every single buy.
i recommend it to the serious shopify user who want to go big. if you just want a little shopify store with a few products then don't use the time on this app.