Smart SEO

Smart SEO

by Sherpas Design

Automate your on-site SEO in a way search engines will love!

Port Wahakaa

Edit 2: Days later and 3 different Shopify experts later and the app will still not actively update my Alt Tags. Milen replied back that the app was working to the Shopify experts and then I double checked to find it did not. We want it to add the following fields: ${title} ${product-type} ${vendor} ${shop-name} ${tags}
However, it only adds ${title}

The fever meter mentioned before is just the saving of your template. What we think happens next is it goes back to Smart SEO's server in queue and may update at a later time. What we think is not happening is the SEO script may not like certain image types. We use tried and true .jpg's or maybe it's something else. Either way Milen only replies the next day so the issue drags on. Especially when he states he fixed it but we go in and inspect the element of the image and see it has only added the title of our product not the rest.
----------------------
Edit: Two days later and two Shopify customer support help later we still cannot get the App to automatically add Alt Tag information on images. It did work for 2 of the 4 new products we put on. The second Shopify rep was able to repair the missing Favicon that vanished after the install. We've sent three or four service requests and are waiting to hear back. By updating this review we hope Milen can help us get this last crucial piece of the App to work for us.

We've spent the better part of two days figuring this out but are flummoxed on how to get the Image Alt Tags portion to work. Since we were able to get the other sections to work we are at a loss as to what we are doing wrong. We have even uninstalled and reinstalled. Most of the help email replies are canned responses and since their location is in Bulgaria they only reply to us early in the morning.

Update: We do know that the only time the app seems to index is upon initial install. It does one 5 minute sweep of your site. So then when you edit your templates and hit save it seems to give a false fever meter of updating because when we try to view the images on our website they DO NOT show the updates. Spending so much time with the few admin tools we really want this to work but feel we are missing some intuitive features.

Next Update: We discovered that the only way we could get the Image Alt Tags to work was by using the item by item selection feature. Simply selecting the whole collection of items didn't seem to work. The information is buried in the source of the img file which is much different than other Alt Tag tools that all you have to do is mouse over the image and the words you picked are there. To sum it up it does work but it appears to be a very manual process. I really hope new products don't have to be individually check box added otherwise our time with Smart SEO will be a brief one.

July 17, 2019

Hi Guys,

We did reply to your other tickets, even recorded a video for you. Your ticket for the alt tags was submitted at 1AM this morning so really we haven't had a chance to reply. And yes we are in Bulgaria which is 7 hours ahead of New York and I believe more hours ahead of you but we do strive to provide top-class support despite this. And we do have Zendesk template emails but I think they are 100% relevant when being sent to customers otherwise we will not send them.

I will request a collaborator account to your store so that we can setup the app for you but in the mean time I would like to clear out some misunderstandings:

1. The app starts indexing your images once you go to the ALT tags page. It does this only once. From there on, webhooks monitor changes to the products and the app updates everything automatically.

2. The fever meter is not false. Smart SEO writes everything in liquid, this is why it is so fast. It does not use the Shopify API to write the tags, which is extremely slow and which you can see with other apps. The fever meter gives progress for the update of the liquid files. Roughly 10 calls are made to the Shopify API and these calls finish in constant time 90% of the time. This is why you might think that it is false but in fact I can guarantee it isn't. But I am flattered that you are saying this because it does prove that the app works way faster than the users expect.

3. I am not sure what you mean by the "the information is buried...". Please note that an alt tag is part of the img HTML tag. So regardless of the app, the alt tags are written in the same way.

In any case we will be happy to setup your app and explain how you can manage it.

Thanks,

Milen

Hair Crown Beauty Supply

Can't really say anything about it. After an hour trying to setup the app I gave up. It keeps giving me an error.

April 27, 2019

Hi Daniel,

We did notice that you could not setup your app and this is why we immediately sent two email to you from our Zendesk letting you know that we can set the app for you. Unfortunately you do not seem to be receiving these emails. Please check your spam folder and do contact us on support@kabukithemes.com so that we can resolve this for you.

Thanks,

Milen

PlayHardLookDope

I have had this Plugin for a couple of months now. I cannot figure out if I have it filled in properly and fully. I notice when I click to preview I am confused because it doesn't show what I filled in. Also, when I then go and click on the actual title and type it exactly into google, it's not showing the meta tag that I want, that I filled in with this app. It's showing my product description which, may be a little more personal and less SEO constructed. It's hard to get in touch with someone as well for help.

March 18, 2019

Hi Ebony,

First of all thank you for installing our app and I am sorry that you are having this frustration with it!

Please note that we have tried to reach you two times already explaining that we can setup the app for you and make sure that it is working properly. So far we have no received a reply from you and I am starting to suspect that you are not receiving our emails.

Hopefully we can get in touch through the conversation here and sort this out.

Milen Kovachev

KJGDirect

I used the app but I never knew if it actually did anything, It doesn’t say show or tell you what changed. I think the app should show a preview of what it came up with so you can decide if you want to make the changes, modify the proposed changes or not to allow the changes.
This review is the same way really, I take the time to do it, hit submit review and right away it asks me to delete my review. I don’t know if my review is going to show up but I will be checking

Nikked

not quite understand it, seem kind of technical beyond my knowledge