SmartrMail Email Marketing

SmartrMail Email Marketing

by SmartrMail

Easily send better email newsletters. Mailchimp alternative.

Woodstone

Update:
If you are switching from MC, be extremely careful using SM automatic list import feature, dont use it at all. Its importing your unsubscribers as well Also SM creating accounts for them on your Shopify and mark them as accepting marketing and resulting in messing up your data.

-----------------------------

I choose this app because it was the most reasonably priced email platform out there. Other options were ridiculously expensive.

Simple to use decent app. However there are some issues needs to be addressed by their team. Once I switched from MC using their automated tool, they imported my unsubscribes as well and mark them as subscribers. For that reason my first email got very high amount of complaints.

Secondly they created accounts on my Shopify for those emails accounts that unsubsribed and marked them as subscribers on Shopify , which is not good if I decide to switch platforms in the future.

If they improve their platform and make it more sleek and without glitches, while not increasing prices , they would do very well. Also a better pop up email collection feature would be nice.

March 12, 2020

Hi Woodstone team 👋

Thanks for the feedback. I believe our team already let you know that we quickly fixed the issue with the Mailchimp importer. For the customers that were affected, we'll reach out to sort that out. You can upload a list of the unsubscribes into Shopify and it will fix the issue.

We also do have a new popup on the way this year! We'll be sure to let you know when it's live 😊

The Style Quarter

I have been trying to contact the support through e-mail (concierge@sendicate.net) regarding billing concerns but have not received a reply. It's been about a month. I've sent an e-mail again just now, let's see.

To be fair, the app does what it's supposed to do, but I unsubscribed because it's not working for me (in terms of sales).

I'm very disappointed with the lack of support, though, and would not be recommending this app for this very reason.

October 1, 2019

Hi The Style Quater team, this was app was acquired in 2016, and we've made massive changes including adding a dedicated support team. Our response times are on average under 30 minutes.

The WOD Life

The app has good potential, but there are a several issues with this upfront. It is not FREE after the trial period, a huge misconception initially.

There is no functionality to control what emails are being sent. So the system just sends bulk random emails to customers, rather than crafting targeted and intuitive emails that we are after.

Some potential, but needs a lot of work to deliver.

October 1, 2019

Hi WOD Life team, this was app was acquired in 2016, and we've made massive changes since, as you can see from all the new reviews. We added newsletters back in 2016 so you can fully control the products you have in your emails as well as new controls and improved targeting with our product recommendations.

We'd love it if you could consider updating your review!

Cerulean Chest

Great App.... but after the trial period it cost 20.00 for no control over what customers are seeing.

October 1, 2019

Hi Cerulean Chest team, this was app was acquired in 2016, and we've made massive changes since, as you can see from all the new reviews. We added newsletters back in 2016 so you can fully control the products you have in your emails.

My Pleasure Box

It was originally a free app and then they asked for $20 to upgrade their services. The app was great at the free price but the lack of features and customization that mailchimp provides for free doesn't make this app worth $240.00 a year. I decided to remove the app.

October 1, 2019

Hi My Pleasure Box team, this was app was acquired in 2016, and any price changes we've made since, we've always grandfathered current users. You can see all the love from the new reviews.

Milestone Films

It was originally a free app and then they asked for $20 to upgrade their services. With an inquiry, they revealed it was actually $20 a month. It isn't a bad app, but the fact it couldn't be customized for me to choose my own products to advertise and with it going from free to $240 a year, I decided to remove the app.

October 1, 2019

Hi Milestone Films team, this was app was acquired in 2016, and any price changes we've made since, we've always grandfathered current users. We also have a free plan now. You can see all the love from the new reviews.