SmartrMail Email Marketing

SmartrMail Email Marketing

by SmartrMail

Easily send better email. Mailchimp alternative.

Essential Being Co., LLC

I initially tried to use this app on a mobile device through shopify and it was a nightmare, difficult to navigate and understand what to do. After I switched to a desktop, I took about 15-20 minutes of playing around to figure it all out. Some stuff is really confusing, like bulk adding subscribers to new list. When creating newsletters to send out, some of the element do not show up in the template until you go to preview mode which is really frustrating and confusing because I added the same product 3 times by accident. Overall it's easier to use and understand than I expected. Features are limited and simple. Recommended but could use work.

February 10, 2020

Hi Essential Being Co team,
Thanks for your feedback and sorry your first experience wasn’t that great. We’re definitely working on our mobile UX with big updates coming this year. However with the current complexity of creating a newsletter I would recommend using the app on desktop. However if you need to use mobile, we do have our product recommendation emails as a Shopify Marketing Activity which is available within the Shopify Admin.
On another note, I noticed that you experienced your preview mode, and product duplicating issue while using Edge as your browser. Unfortunately, this browser doesn’t support the latest technologies available on the web, which is why we strongly recommend using something like Chrome or Safari. Hopefully you got a warning for this when you accessed the app!
It’s good to hear things are working smoother now though, reach out to our team if you have any more issues and we’ll be happy to help 🙂

Andrea Bonelli Jewelry

Wanted to give it a try but it lacks a lot of customisation. You just can't blast customers at will with random products especially when we're not given any option as to what products that we do not want included. I have items in my shop that I wouldn't want sent but there's no way to change that. :/

Also definitely not worth $20 a month with the lack of customization. Pretty high for an app that randomly picks products that you have no control over.

October 1, 2019

Hi Andrea Bonelli team, this was app was acquired in 2016, and we've made massive changes since, as you can see from all the new reviews.

We've added tons of new design customization features so your template can perfectly match your brand, along with controls and features where you can choose which products you want in your automations.

Jupe NYC

I like this app however, it definitely needs an upgrade. I like that it automatically sends emails to your customers but this app has virtually no customization which is a downside. I would love for this app to have more features so I can rate it with 5 stars and LOVE it!

October 1, 2019

Hi Jupe NYC team, this was app was acquired in 2016, and we've made massive changes since, as you can see from all the new reviews. We've added tons of new design customization features so your template can perfectly match your brand.

Leah B. Boutique

Haven't heard much feedback about this app. From the month I've had it, it's only produced 1 order. I almost think that with this app I am over-sending to my customers. Instead of being engaging, I think it just gets annoying and they disconnect. I like how it chooses products at random, however there are literally no customization options which leads me to believe that this is why customers are losing interest. All white with 4 pictures. Boring.

October 1, 2019

Hi Leah, this was app was acquired in 2016, and we've made massive changes since, as you can see from all the new reviews. We've added tons of new design customization features so your template can perfectly match your brand.