Smile: Rewards & Loyalty

Smile: Rewards & Loyalty

by Smile.io

Build loyalty with points, referrals, & retention marketing

Essence Of Nature LLC

So far so good... My shop is not open as of yet im getting set up. So far what I see is good. I can't wait till the beginning of the year to open.

December 24, 2019

Thanks so much for your review ✨ How exciting! Best of luck and please let us know if we can help with anything!

Simply Unique Baby Gifts

I'd like to see an "impersonate user" function and would like to be able to edit a customer's info.

December 24, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and review! What a good idea - we'll pass it along to our product team 😊

SOLEILBLUE.com

We've been using this app for about 3 years. Overall I find the app to be missing features that I really want. My biggest sticking point is that the points are awarded right away after purchase. It would be much better from our standpoint if we could set a grace period where the points are awarded after the return policy period has ended. For example, a customer ordered several items from us and immediately redeemed her new points for a free necklace that we offer as one of the rewards. She then returned most of the order, but kept the necklace. She now has a negative points balance from her return and has not made an eligible purchase to get rid of that negative points balance. Smile does not offer a way for us to make sure the customer is keeping their purchase before they receive the points.

Another sticking point, the referral promo code link allows people to send coupons to themselves, even if they enter their own email and name that is used for their rewards. In some cases the system has caught it and "blocked" it, but only after the customer has received the promo code and used it!

Smile had a feature that excluded promo code purchases from earning points and we had been using that feature for years, until one day it was just gone. When I wrote them and asked them why they took away a feature without notice, they simply wrote back and said nobody was using it. I can assure you that's not true, because WE were using it every day. Now we have to deduct points manually for every ineligible purchase which is a real time waster for us. We also had a backlog of ineligible points that we had to go back and adjust because they did not inform us of the change. Very unprofessional. I've seen much better rewards programs than this elsewhere. We'll be phasing it out. It's more trouble than it's worth.

December 24, 2019

Thank you for your honest review & feedback! We'll work on this and be better! 💪

LAC SWIM

Smile is one of the most user-friendly apps I have ever used on Shopify. Setting up my rewards program was incredibly easy and I had it up in running in a few hours. I love how the widget looks on my site. It also integrates with my email platform Omnisend which makes promoting my rewards program really easy.

December 17, 2019

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! We really appreciate it. We're glad to hear you're liking our app integrations, too!😄

Rushi

It was super easy to install and the instructions were super clear! looks great on the website as well! customer service is so quick too! really recommend this to anyone who's looking for a loyalty program for your website

December 17, 2019

Thank you so much for your review ✨ We're so glad it's looking great on your site!

Roc Body

Maggie and Tess really helped me fix an issue i was having getting started. i'm extremely thankful for their support !

December 16, 2019

Thank you so much for your review! We're so glad that the support team was able to help! 💖

Bods + Bubs

USER / BUYER BEWARE. It should be stressed that this app does NOT connect to social networks (Instagram/Facebook/Twitter). Any task you assign for points does NOT have to completed by the customer. Smile will reward ppl the points as long as they just click the button. Because points=money, you will basically be giving money away on tasks that may very well go uncompleted. They have a great support team who offers suggestions to help combat this, but ultimately it's a flaw in the system that should be corrected or at least made aware to users.

December 16, 2019

Thank you for the feedback! We've sent an email your way with some additional information to clarify.

Daz Fabrics

Great app. Easy to use and customer service is very friendly and responsive. I would recommend Smile to anyone wanting a rewards program for their site.

December 9, 2019

Thank you so much for your amazing review! 💖

K. LaMoura Boutique

I just installed the app and so far so great. It was easy to set up and understand what I'm offering. Some rewards programs can be a little confusing not only to set up, but to fully grasp what shoppers have to do to earn and spend. NOT the case here! Love it. I'll have to come back and review once my shoppers begin earning and using their rewards.

December 9, 2019

Thank you for the five-star rating! We're glad you're finding Smile easy to use 😄

MagicAtYourDoor.com

Absolutely the worst app experience I have ever had. I have no idea why anyone uses this. Both points and referrals programs fail massively when it comes to the pieces that should be customizable on the website end, and both are absolutely dreadfully user-unfriendly on the customer end. There are so many flaws in both systems I feel like they are selling this ridiculously overpriced app without ever even having beta tested it, as customer service was not even aware of the very obvious issues that I immediately noticed. I would give zero stars if possible, and my strongest recommendation to stay far away from this garbage, but I will say that their customer service team was very responsive, even though they were 100% entirely unable to help fix any of the problems that are absolutely evident. My customers couldn't even figure out how to use the rewards, and I don't blame them because it is an utter PITA and can fail at multiple points along the way. So very bad. So very over-priced. Save yourselves and look elsewhere.

December 9, 2019

Thank you for the feedback!