Smile: Rewards & Loyalty

Smile: Rewards & Loyalty

by Smile.io

Design a loyalty program with points, referral & VIP rewards.

Shulta

Started using Sweet Tooth (now Smile.io) back in 2013 when I was using Magento.

Been loyal to Sweet Tooth ever since but over the years this reward program has become extremely limited and expensive.

The Smile.io team don't offer the support that they used to.

Unless you upgrade & opt for the Small Business at $299 per month you probably won't be able to offer your customers much in the way of rewards and updates.

I feel a bit cheated as my business has been loyal to Sweet Tooth / Smile.io but IMHO the loyalty has not been reciprocated.

It's a big jump from $59 per month to $299 per month - the pricing structure seems a bit, off.

We're scaling the business and will be testing other reward apps. Even looking at possibly creating a custom rewards app.

It makes better business sense to put $299 per month towards getting a full service tiered loyalty program. Than to invest further in Smile.io

Edited to add:
Found another app with a 5 star rating, that my competitors are using.
It provides the same features and functionality as Smile.io's Small Business but for a lot less than $299 per month.

Kings Limited

Just set up the rewards program so I will give a 2 star for now and if it works good I will put 5 stars

Nutreva

It has great options for free plan. The problem is that to customize the "Spending Points Coupons" you have to pay. It is no problem if your webpage is in English, but if you have it in another language it is not fair. Non usable in free plan for webpages in other languages.

Shop Luna Btq

it wont let customers make a account, it force closes

Bows Arrow Boutique

I would love to be able to access all of sweet tooths features from my phone. Makes it inconvenient to only be able to access through desktop.

Banglewale

Too Expensive, they charging 60 USD for nothing even they are not allowing to add points automiatcally, will be canceling their subscription...

Valeriebattsartist Com

not exactly the type of incentive I was looking to reward my customers with

Vapel1fe

Final Update: I have given them one star, because even though they didnt know I was leaving they responded quicker. It seems though there were so many people I had to deal with to get a good answer. It was much better when the owner was assisting and even called me after my review. After I was customer he never responded to me every again; AND that alone is worth taking away oooooo about all the stars. So if you are looking for just an online option there are other better loyalty programs out there; this was is a bit pricey as mentioned by other reviewers.

Another Update: So I have been emailing them for the past week with 0 responses from Eli or Steve. 0. How do you expect to run a company successfully if you dont even fulfill your end of the bargain. You said by the end of August will be the feature of having multiple coupons (for different collections) so the customers dont get confused. Guess what....NOPE. Now im hearing later in Sept. I have customers pissed because my old loyalty system I offered them coupons for a certain collection at a lower rate. I cant do this now because the names are the same. Extremely agitated at this company. 1 star!

Update: Ok so here I AM AGAIN, AGAIN with the same problem. I speak to an Eli and i keep being told that things are being worked on. How do you expect someone to go to enterprise if you dont do anything for the people even on the middle plan? I HAVE been asking TO CHANGE THE NAME of the coupons that have the same type style $10 off for X amount of points says the same thing for certain collections with $10 off. Its misleading to customers. I AM VERY upset with this application. Something so simple ive been asking for, and they arrent doing anything about it. NOTHING. The only reason why I am giving them a second star and third star is because they app is good if you want very very very very basic coupons. Let me know that Steve spoke to me on the phone and cleared it up this is officially being worked on.

Update: So here we are again, first off let me say they didnt fix the coupon issue; and its been several days. I ported over from SLOYALTY so when they issued points they did online and in store but people could only use it online. So there were people getting coupons they already used in store, this isnt ST fault its mine for not checking. However, I will say this. THEY need to make a back end where it lists the people not with just 10 entries and have to go thru pages. Should be sortable and more options to see on the screen. Also why is the coupon NAME still not fixed? This could be so easily fixed.

Another issue is I wanted to remove AppCard and go full blown with ST but I cant because even though it says custom reward system you cannot do multiple locations, so I cant remove my point system for in store. Shame too cause they would be getting 400 a month from me. Also another issue I have is with the COUPON names, didnt I mention this already? Such a huge big deal. Also the next issue we have is that if THEY ISSUE the coupon they should be able to set an X amount of time before issuing another. People can take advantage of the system by doing this over and over. I mean you earned it, you earned it right? You shouldnt be able to do 10 orders back to back with coupons. Set a time limit, x amount of coupons before X amount of day. Once the coupon name gets fixed ill fix thsi rating

Update: Ok so only one issue; they added smart collections but when you create a coupon that has same name then it shows as the other coupons. This is the only gripe I have with the coupon names. Be cool if they added DAILY options of sharing but the REVIEWS part is really really cool.

Ok so this is going to be a pretty through review. First off I am coming from SLoyalty for a multitude of reasons. The biggest reason is sloyalty although cheap is NOT an option if you have a POS. People will double dip and SLoyalty instead of fixing it chose to tell me ohwell or goodbye in so many words.

So here we go, Sweet Tooth has a good amount of configurations. A lot of sharing features, needs to add Pinterest and tumblr, and the sharing of the tweet shouldnt be a one time thing. Should be every 3 days or something. I get the follow being a one time thing just not the sharing part.

A huge one star take away is the option of CSS on the actual pop up AND the fact it doesnt show the points people have in the tab. The tab is very configurable if you have some CSS knowledge. Love that. I do NOT like that you cant change any verbage or the color of some of the CSS on the backend via stylesheets. I can ONLY use the fonts they choose for the pop up. Not a bad deal but it could be improved. Also another improvement is I should be able to select smart collections. Silly NOT to have this.

Customer support is FAST. Very. I am only going to use it for online but for both options its great.

Mongo Surf

It is a good program but it needs to get a design upgrade!

Star Style Homewares Accessories

Great concept - easy to install
great way to entice our customers if it actually worked....our codes that get sent to customers with rewards dont actually work!