Smile: Loyalty & Rewards

Rating (4.8)
Developer
4.8
January 4, 2022

It's a good enough software for what it does, but god help you if you forget that you're being billed and ask for a refund since you stopped using the service. Totally my fault, but yeah, just a reminder that always double check your monthly charges every month so you don't have to ask for a refund and get turned down.

HercLéon
Time spent using app: About 3 years
Smile.io replied January 5, 2022

Hello! I've reached out to you over email to see if we can find a solution. We understand that managing a business can be a lot and we don't want you to be penalized for forgetting a subscription. Thank you for the honest feedback, I'm confident we can make something work.

November 12, 2021

The app is great and I would give it 5 stars if it didnt have 1 glitch that they still have not fixed... If you use their referral program, there is NO way to prevent fraud. So that means, customers can create multiple emails and get the referral discount without ever being blocked. So customers are repeatedly using a referral discount on every order without the app stopping it or blocking it. So in the end, you end up losing more money than making money from the referrals. But the rewards portion part works great and has no issues!

Raw Feeding Miami
Time spent using app: Over 4 years
Smile.io replied November 13, 2021

Thanks so much for sharing this! 🙏 Feedback like this really helps ensure that we can provide the best experience possible for all of our merchants. 🙌 We’re always working on making the referral fraud prevention measures better! We're sending an email your way with a more detailed explanation and with the best ways to mitigate this moving forward 👍

November 2, 2021

I really love at the features 'Smile offers unfortunately you do have to pay to integrate with other apps but my customers definitely love the feature, customer Service is great and is offered to everyone not just paid members which can be very frustrating.

Beauty By Jenkins
Time spent using app: 8 months
Smile.io replied November 3, 2021

Thank you so much for your review and your feedback! This is truly valuable to us 🙏

October 26, 2021

manca la possibilità della traduzione in italiano!!!! Per il resto e una buona app. Ancora non ho avuto il piacere di vederla in funzione ma spero che parti presto

Trigioshop
Italy
Time spent using app: 20 days
Smile.io replied October 26, 2021

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your open and honest feedback.

Our translations feature is still relatively new, so we're still learning which languages will provide the most value to our merchants.

While we don't yet officially support Italian, it looks like we've provided you with access to a workaround that would enable you to manually translate some parts of the app.

I've sent a follow-up email to see if we can help any further with this :)

October 20, 2021

We have had this app in our store for a while now. While it promises a lot, the issue is you need to pay 200USD a month, just for the nudges feature! If you ask me, the nudges feature is something that's should be included on the $49 tier plan, as its so integral to the app bringing any sort of revenue. Asking a small store to play $200 a month just to make use of an integral feature just isn't okay.

Cancha
Time spent using app: About 2 months
Smile.io replied October 20, 2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review & your thoughts! We really appreciate feedback like this. We've sent over an email to help out some more with your store. ✨

April 14, 2021

Love the functionality and ease of set up — however this app appears to be having a noticeable negative effect on our site speed.

VIM & VIGR
Time spent using app: 4 months
Smile.io replied April 14, 2021

Hey there! Thanks so much for your feedback 🙏 We've sent over an email to help out with this :)

April 4, 2021

This app has really slowed my website down, I'm not certain the benefits outweigh negatives in this case

Dark Heart Creations
Time spent using app: Over 1 year
Smile.io replied April 5, 2021

Thanks so much for the honest review and letting us know about the issue you've experienced with slow loading. I've just sent you an email to follow-up with a potential fix for this, so I'd love to hear if you're seeing different results 😊

March 31, 2021

I had this app for a little over a year, and it was great. It wasn't until a couple months ago my store started to slow down. Many factors in my speed test pointed to this app. I reached out to CS, they assured me all was fine. But today i decided to remove the app, and my website has improved so much speed wise. I dont know what the issue was, maybe a bug. I don't know. But sadly i had to remove this app from my store.

Three little bows
Time spent using app: 12 months
Smile.io replied March 31, 2021

Hey there! Thanks so much for your detailed feedback & review. We've sent over an email to help out! :) Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

March 21, 2021

The app itself looks like it could be great, BUT only using it on the trial it's almost impossible to see the benefits because of the limited functions. With the monthly subscriptions quite high for a small business, it doesn't seem worth the risk of subscribing.

TheArtistsQuarter
Time spent using app: 5 months
Smile.io replied March 22, 2021

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. While our Free Plan lets you run a points and referral program, it does have its limitations. We've just sent you a message as we'd love to hear more about which functions are most important for your small business.

March 10, 2021

Cette application est vraiment TOP ! super facile à utiliser, on peut créer plusieurs manière de dépenser ses points de fidélité. Par contre, gros point négatifs pour la mise en forme je ne peux même pas ajouter "gratuitement" mon logo pour le mail envoyer automatiquement au client. et payer un abonnement tous les mois juste pour ce détails c'est clair que je ne paierais pas et resterais en gratuit.

Nature U’Mains
France
Time spent using app: 6 months
Smile.io replied March 10, 2021

Bonjour, merci d'avoir partagé vos commentaires - c'est formidable d'entendre que vous appréciez le programme de points sur votre boutique :)

Et merci pour vos commentaires sur les prix. Gardez bientôt un œil sur votre boîte de réception - nous sommes toujours heureux de soutenir les petites entreprises, je suis donc convaincu que nous serons en mesure de trouver une solution pour vous.