Smile: Loyalty & Rewards

Loyalty points, rewards, & referrals to retain your customers

Free plan available

• Up-to-date tech: works with the latest themes

• Speed tested: low impact to your online store

WIGKED WIGS

Nice app but they REALLY need to have their own loyalty rewards template that we can use. Without it, having a rewards system is basically pointless.
Also the app doesn't allow any text button for mobile. Which means customers are expected to know an icon picture is the rewards button ( atleast on free plan)
then
as a said before, if there is no rewards template explaining the rewards customers will never use it because it was never explained. Please implement a rewards template or some sort of template explaining how rewards work. This is why sezzle is so great because it offers all kinds of branding templates making our job easier.

March 6, 2020

Hey there! Thank you for your review & feedback! We'll shoot you an email to help out 😊

Kurafuchi

Location France
Time spent using app Over 1 year

I’ve used this app for 3 months on the 50$/month plan. It looked like a great concept at first, but for such a high price it lacks several important features (or only makes them available on a 200$/month plan) :

There is no analytics or any kind of way to view how customers spend their points (or if they even do) on the 50$ plan.

A major feature that’s also missing is the integration with emailing apps to allow customers to redeem points by subscribing to the newsletter. That should be a top feature for any kind of rewards system.

The interface is too limited, with very few customization possibilities. I understand it has to be user-friendly, but this is oversimplified. The intrusive popup widget gets old really fast. If it was a fairly new app I’d understand, but they’ve been around for years and should have had improved by now.

The support is alright which is why I’m still giving it 3 stars, but overall I don’t feel like this is worth the cost.

January 8, 2020

Hi there! Thank you for your honest review :) We'll send you over an email to help out!

Australia Vape

Location Australia

I tried the $50 STARTER PLAN for 2 months, unfortunately it didn't work for me.

PROS:
- Set-up is very easy & straightforward.

CONS:
- No template to create a "page" explaining the program. I had to use another page builder app to do that. All you get is a small icon with a very brief description.
- No email template to inform/invite "non-members" from my email list

What's important to me is the bottom line: does it BOOST sales or not? For me it did NOT. In the 2 months I had it, there were barely any sign-ups (not even my regular customers), and zero sales from the program.

I promoted the program by having a dedicated page explaining it, an announcement banner on my site, email, & announcements from the Judge.me review emails.

It felt as if the rewards program was another "product" that had to be heavily promoted, when I what I was looking for was the exact opposite: a program that would promote my other products.

November 11, 2019

Thank you so much for your detailed review 🙌 We'll shoot you over an email to chat more about your feedback!

CENTROARTESANO

Location Spain

The app is great but unfortunately many of the app sections and email notifications are not customizable and my store is in spanish so I can't use it for my business. That was a big disappointment because I like all the features from the program. The day they allow you to customize a bit more I will turn my review into a 5 star one.

April 18, 2019

Hey there! We're sorry to hear you're experiencing issues! We will be in touch via email for further assistance. :)

The Dry Eye Shop

It's a very slick program, but definitely not right for my clientele. It was expensive (due to large customer database I had to be on the $600 plan) and I suspect it really is much more useful to people who are heavy on the email marketing (I'm not). I sell medical products and I think my customers saw it as too gimmicky. I have a high percentage of mobile sales and the widget was always in the way - a real problem on small screens. I reached out to my entire mailing list for feedback to see if they cared whether I kept it or not, and the only people that replied said to ditch it, that they had too many point programs to keep track of anyway. They found it too complicated to use. - I probably would have been more motivated to keep it if I could have had more options in terms of custom defined actions for point awards (beyond the fb/tw shares/likes).

Grizzlygadget

This is a honest review of the Smile.io app. I love the concept of points, referral, and VIP programs. Its a good way to grow your brand providing incentive marketing to your brand however, if you want start off using the free plan. It's going to be frustrating because the launcher or icon is going to block your live chat support if you have any and block social proof pop up as well. The icon only has two placement options and that is bottom left or right. No other adjustment. For those successful shopify owners and want to add this using the free plan. It may frustrate you with the icon blocking your live chat or other third party apps down below. The pricing plan is a jump up to get you to pay for features that should be by default. If you want the good plan. its going to cost 600 off the bat. I passed this statement to the Smile.io team and they are addressing other ways to improve on the icon placement as well other free features to help you grow your revenue as this is their priority number one. I gave this a 3 star because the icon was frustrating as its blocking apps and other things in the footer of both desktop and mobile. They need more options like middle left or right. It would have gotten a 5 star but that was the issue and forgot to add in at least a default template page to help you grow in the free plan.

Yippeun

Location France
Time spent using app About 2 years

The app is easy to install and to use. it's a shame that messages can't be customised under the free plan, especially since my customers don't speak english.

Zenbooth

Time spent using app Almost 2 years

This app is awesome and so is their employee Maggie who answered all of my questions. It's 5/5 stars with her, 4/5 without.

Update: I'm moving it down to three stars since there have been a number of issues, and we are waiting to hear back from the the support team on this. Maybe with prompt response and resolution it will go back to a 5 start review.

My Maine Jewelry Box

At this time i cannot give much of a review since i did just install it, so far everything seems okaythough.

Scandishop Online

Location Australia
Time spent using app About 1 month

This is a mixed review. I absolutely loved it but very reluctantly had to uninstall. During the trial period I could not relocate the popup from the bottom right corner and it was obscuring important aspects of the store. Something had to go. I was not prepared to pay for the privilege of changing the display location. Technically, it's a fantastic app and absolutely superb. I would have eventually upgraded, but not for a simple reason like this. So please consider making Display Location a free feature. I would love to reinstall it. Thank you!!