Smile: Loyalty & Rewards

Loyalty points, rewards, & referrals to retain your customers

Free plan available

• Up-to-date tech: works with the latest themes

Dixie Mech

Time spent using app Over 1 year

This app has great promise, but it really lacks in power features.

Like you cant reward a customer with a free product from a collection. It has to be a specific product. So if you have many designs of the same product (our example is mousepads), you have to choose a single one for the customers to get for free. You cant just give them a free mousepad and let them choose any any of them. I have to choose one single design that they have to get for free. So if you sell out of that specific design, tough luck, you now have to keep changing it in the system. Also the customer has no choice even though, to them, they see the product as being the same cost and dont understand why they cant choose their free mousepad. You cant even select multiple products which would seem like the compromise.

Another example is you cant edit the promo code it creates for rewards to have a maximum amount. So i cant setup a promo code to be 10% off up to $100. Its just 10% an unlimited amount. So if someone makes a purchase for $10,000 they can get $1,000 off with no maximum.

There are many little things like this in Smile that really bug me which keep it from really being great. I will edit my rating if some of these things were changed / added. Specifically the free collection thing.

I dont know if this is a limit of shopify or not, and this does not count towards my review, but i wish Amount Off coupons could count towards shipping. If a customer has a $20 off coupon and they buy a $15 product they has $7 shipping for a total of$22, they can only get $15 off even though their purchase is over $20.

Also i would LOVE to be able to actually link customers to the rewards. There is not way to actually link customers to see the rewards. I have to tell them to manually open the widget at the bottom of the page.

July 14, 2020

Hey there! Thanks so much for your detailed feedback & review. We've sent over an email to help out! :)

hpl jewelry

Time spent using app Over 1 year

i am not very computer sabby, this point system is confusing- customer purchased an item. did not use credits and it automatically deducted 500 points from her acct without using her earned points. Im very confused!

June 26, 2020

Hey there! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I'm so sorry to hear that you're finding the points program confusing. We'll send you over an email to help out right away! :)

Little Prairie Girl

entering customers at checkout be automatic opt in for rewards so they don’t have to go Their email to complete

March 20, 2020

Thanks for your review! We'll send you over an email to help with this 🙂

WIGKED WIGS

Nice app but they REALLY need to have their own loyalty rewards template that we can use. Without it, having a rewards system is basically pointless.
Also the app doesn't allow any text button for mobile. Which means customers are expected to know an icon picture is the rewards button ( atleast on free plan)
then
as a said before, if there is no rewards template explaining the rewards customers will never use it because it was never explained. Please implement a rewards template or some sort of template explaining how rewards work. This is why sezzle is so great because it offers all kinds of branding templates making our job easier.

March 6, 2020

Hey there! Thank you for your review & feedback! We'll shoot you an email to help out 😊

Kurafuchi

Location France
Time spent using app Over 1 year

I’ve used this app for 3 months on the 50$/month plan. It looked like a great concept at first, but for such a high price it lacks several important features (or only makes them available on a 200$/month plan) :

There is no analytics or any kind of way to view how customers spend their points (or if they even do) on the 50$ plan.

A major feature that’s also missing is the integration with emailing apps to allow customers to redeem points by subscribing to the newsletter. That should be a top feature for any kind of rewards system.

The interface is too limited, with very few customization possibilities. I understand it has to be user-friendly, but this is oversimplified. The intrusive popup widget gets old really fast. If it was a fairly new app I’d understand, but they’ve been around for years and should have had improved by now.

The support is alright which is why I’m still giving it 3 stars, but overall I don’t feel like this is worth the cost.

January 8, 2020

Hi there! Thank you for your honest review :) We'll send you over an email to help out!

OneStoreBlast

limited can do little with it. I was expecting more but unfortunately is set up for a payment plan. I need to make money to start spending money on this first.

December 9, 2019

Thank you for the feedback! We'll be in touch with some resources to help! 🙂

Australia Vape

Location Australia

I tried the $50 STARTER PLAN for 2 months, unfortunately it didn't work for me.

PROS:
- Set-up is very easy & straightforward.

CONS:
- No template to create a "page" explaining the program. I had to use another page builder app to do that. All you get is a small icon with a very brief description.
- No email template to inform/invite "non-members" from my email list

What's important to me is the bottom line: does it BOOST sales or not? For me it did NOT. In the 2 months I had it, there were barely any sign-ups (not even my regular customers), and zero sales from the program.

I promoted the program by having a dedicated page explaining it, an announcement banner on my site, email, & announcements from the Judge.me review emails.

It felt as if the rewards program was another "product" that had to be heavily promoted, when I what I was looking for was the exact opposite: a program that would promote my other products.

November 11, 2019

Thank you so much for your detailed review 🙌 We'll shoot you over an email to chat more about your feedback!

Photo Boards®

Time spent using app Almost 3 years

So close to being a great app, but there seems to be a major error on how the app calculates points on sales.

If like us you choose to base rewards points on the product price before tax and shipping is added, beware that the app takes the total order amount then deducts the VAT inclusive delivery fee and also deducts the total VAT for the whole order, resulting in VAT on delivery being deducted twice and fewer points awarded than the customer is expecting. Instead, it should base the rewardable total on the product total before VAT.

October 8, 2019

Thank you for the feedback! We'll be sending an email your way shortly to help!

Modest Trends

I've just started using the app so not sure how it's working but I think it's a great idea to get customers referring for a reward

October 4, 2019

Thanks so much for your review! We'll send you an email to chat more :)

jgroasting.com

I would like to set up a page explaining the smile program but there is nothing. It doesn't;t have a place for this and no response

August 21, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! We've sent you an email :)