Smile: Rewards & Loyalty

Smile: Rewards & Loyalty

by Smile.io

Boost sales & retention with points, referrals, and pop ups

MOBY'S Petshop | MOBYSpetshop.com

Very expensive and sneaky "user based" pricing model (the app automatically syncs up with your Shopify customer data and adds them as "Smile users". No feature to mass delete irrelevant contacts. Ended up paying hundreds of dollars hidden costs... Lots of better apps out there!

March 13, 2020

Hey there! Our current pricing plans are fixed priced - and covers unlimited members/orders! We're happy to help with converting you over to one of these plans 😊 We'll send you an email with more information! In the meantime, feel free to checkout our current plans: https://smile.io/pricing

Cheese n Dash

recently i suffer fm "your points redemption could not be completed, try again later", both customer and admin cannot redeem

January 31, 2020

Thanks for your review! That's not a good experience. I've reached out to you by email to help get this fixed up ASAP!

SOLEILBLUE.com

We've been using this app for about 3 years. Overall I find the app to be missing features that I really want. My biggest sticking point is that the points are awarded right away after purchase. It would be much better from our standpoint if we could set a grace period where the points are awarded after the return policy period has ended. For example, a customer ordered several items from us and immediately redeemed her new points for a free necklace that we offer as one of the rewards. She then returned most of the order, but kept the necklace. She now has a negative points balance from her return and has not made an eligible purchase to get rid of that negative points balance. Smile does not offer a way for us to make sure the customer is keeping their purchase before they receive the points.

Another sticking point, the referral promo code link allows people to send coupons to themselves, even if they enter their own email and name that is used for their rewards. In some cases the system has caught it and "blocked" it, but only after the customer has received the promo code and used it!

Smile had a feature that excluded promo code purchases from earning points and we had been using that feature for years, until one day it was just gone. When I wrote them and asked them why they took away a feature without notice, they simply wrote back and said nobody was using it. I can assure you that's not true, because WE were using it every day. Now we have to deduct points manually for every ineligible purchase which is a real time waster for us. We also had a backlog of ineligible points that we had to go back and adjust because they did not inform us of the change. Very unprofessional. I've seen much better rewards programs than this elsewhere. We'll be phasing it out. It's more trouble than it's worth.

December 24, 2019

Thank you for your honest review & feedback! We'll work on this and be better! 💪

Its Bean Called Java

Pretty Disappointing. On the free plan, there are two ways to reward, not ten. I don't know why App developers feel a need to be misleading.

December 2, 2019

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and your feedback! We've sent you over an email to help with the additional ways to reward! 😊

Anubis Labz

No complaints about functionality...its is a good app that works well. However, SMILE changes their pricing and packages so often that you always feel like you are being jerked around. Case in point: when they last adjusted their pricing they included VIP Tiers for what was then a reasonable monthly fee. Now, if you want to continue to offer your customer's VIP tiers, the price has been jumped to $599 a month! Talks about price gouging...

Without the more advanced features that are now only available in the upper tier, this app really doesn't have much over the others. If you are doing a million-plus a year, then maybe $7,200 a year just for your rewards program is an acceptable expense. Otherwise, it's a ridiculous amount and a shame that SMILE has resorted to greed pricing and pushed out their previous customers. So much for "Loyalty."

September 23, 2019

Thank you for reaching out, and for the feedback! We'll be in touch via email to chat more!

Watts Premier

I just started setting up smile and already have a few hesitations. The photos are required to be such a large size 1200 x 480 that they look very unprofessional in an email because the text in a 600 pixel frame. So you have to scroll in to get the full text cutting off the photo. The argument is they just changed it to the 1200 pixel size in order to give a better quality photo. You can get a great quality photo at 300 dpi. I won't be using the photo which is extremely disappointing!

Also, one of the reasons I choose to go with the Growth program was the ability to have control over the collections the customer can use the rewards on. But we have multiple collections. I want customers to be able to use their rewards on more than one collection, however, I can only choose one or all. I want to be able to restrict one. Why? This is not control, no one has just a couple of collections.

I'm going to try it out, but very skeptical at this point.

September 3, 2019

Thanks for reaching out! We're sending an email your way for further guidance. 🙂

Milkbar Breastpumps

There are some fantastic features in smile however there are some limitations such as the ability for self referral using the refer a friends rewards. For the price being charged there should be something in place to restrict people from claiming a reward generated by themselves. This artificially inflates ROI.

Harps & Thistles Yarn Emporium

I have Smile.io set up to pay out rewards in levels $5, $10 & $25 but it will only pay $5 at a time and only one per purchase. Also, lately it won't connect to my POS so I end up giving the customer a $5 discount to keep them happy. Support isn't available before I go into work and I'm a small business owner with little availability during the day. There's no email address where I can send my concerns.

Bonnie Dutch & Co

The app seems fairly easy to use but I noticed that rewarding someone for "sharing" on social media is pointless. It only requires them to click on the "share to facebook" or whatever and does not actually require the person to share. Its a way to rack up false points.

Pat & Kunnu

THE TEST EMAIL DOESNT WORK SO NOT SURE IF ANYTHING ELSE WILL. DELETING THE APP NOW MAKES NO SENSE IFI CANT SEE WHAT THE EMAIL LOOKS LIKE

Previous 1 3