Smile: Rewards & Loyalty

Smile: Rewards & Loyalty | Reviews

by Smile.io

Points & referrals. Attract & retain your most loyal customers

Duke's Card Shop

Does not integrate well with POS and other channels like ebay. Can't merge accounts or delete them either. I have some customers that have as many as 7 different entries as customers all with accumulated points because they used a different method of payment. It works fine with the online store but then I'll get people messaging me on ebay saying they received an email about points, signed up and the points aren't there...because they now have two customer profiles in the system. One as a member and one as a guest and the guest account has the points. I thought by adding them as a customer at check out in store on my POS that the points would be awarded to them but nope I have to manually adjust their points. Like I said it works fine if using online store only but if you have multiple channels, good luck because it's a flawed system.

November 22, 2021

Hey there! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us your review & feedback - we really appreciate it!

Regarding the duplicate customer issue that you're experiencing - I can definitely see how that can be a pain.
Currently - Smile gets all customer data directly synced over from Shopify - so if Shopify creates duplicate customers based on payment method; we're unfortunately also going to be getting those duplicate customers in Smile. What I would recommend in your POS store would be to always start by collecting your customers' email addresses to associate to the order; instead of having the customer be added to the order based on payment method. This way - the points will always be tied to the customer's email address.
Regarding the existing duplicated customer profiles - I found a discussion on Shopify's community that might be helpful to you: https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-discussions/merge-duplicate-customers/td-p/827533

I hope this helps! Please don't hesitate to reach out to help@smile.io if we can help with anything else 🙏 Take care!

Nordic Catch

Don’t believe all the 5 star reviews. Yea, this has everything you need for a loyalty program. It’s easy to use, just like all the other loyalty apps. These guys were just early on in the game. There are tons of apps doing loyalty programs. Smile is not one that will grow with you. Support team is NOT 24/7. If you have an issue at night on the west coast of the US, good luck having them help... btw, most people like to shop online in the evenings. Also, they apparently had some issue last year that was returning redeemed points to customers. I gave away a few thousand dollars without realizing it until late. Smile offered no compensation. Just told me to manually remove points from customers, which would obviously upset the customer. Lastly, their “search/filter” system is garbage. You can’t find a customer unless you type out their entire email or name. The search is not intuitive. When you have a few thousand customers, it should be. Good luck.

February 22, 2021

Hello there! Thank you so much for leaving us a review with your feedback. I'm terribly sorry to hear of the issues that you've experienced with our app. We'd love to help - we've reached out through livechat to provide more info. Thanks again!

aunasbodycare.com

I think too little is offered in the free plan because it is not worth paying for the plans if it is difficult to get persons to sign up. Customization of rewards still has its limits.
will rate again at a later date

January 20, 2021

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've checked your loyalty program's configuration and can see lots of opportunities where we can help you optimise, particularly around how quickly your customers can earn their first reward, and the value of their points.

Additionally, Smile can only be as successful as your store. So ensuring you have a healthy customer presence before enabling your loyalty program will is important to gain traction.

I'll reach out to you shortly with more information regarding optimisation :)

MADAMIGELLA

The app is great, but no chance to translate it. Unfortunately this is not good for customers which don't speak english. Hope things will change very soon.

November 2, 2020

Thanks so much for the candid feedback in this review! We're always working to make our app easier to use for everyone.

Buttons Galore and More

Seems like the app would be easy to use if you are starting from scratch. I am trying to convert from another loyalty program to Smile. The app description claims this is possible but I cannot figure it out. I have submitted two help requests and have not received a response.

August 17, 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! I'm so sorry that you haven't received our response - We've reached out via email to help out with this 💖

Uwowo Cosplay

They change the price plan frequently. Imagine a function from $0 to $199/month, I mean the "free product function". Since we have using this app for a long time and there are over 30k members join the plan, I admit that I'm suffering from making the decision about if we should stop using this app. I can pay for the function of course, just think the functions that smile offers does not match their plan price. I'm not sure if this is what they called the "loyalty project", just a little bit disappointed and will not recommend this app to my friends

June 4, 2020

Hey there! Thank you for leaving us a review :) We appreciate your feedback on pricing - and will send you over an email to help out!

Article22

While this app is easy to set up and use, for $49 a month - which is NOT CHEAP - id like to be able to at least gain some deeper analytics that what is currently received - which is almost nothing. Only once were we offered able to offer to our customers a promotion to "double their points" and when i enquired re running this special again, was told it was only offered based on algorithms? i have not seen it since and that was around a year ago. It does not give me incentive to upgrade the account to a more expensive plan and will be looking at alternative apps this year. I would not recommend this app to other business's based solely on the lack of analytics available.

May 4, 2020

Thank you so for your candid feedback here! This definitely helps us improve our product and pricing to continue to help small businesses grow! We've reached out to discuss ways to help & improve your experience. Please don't hesitate to reach out if we can help with anything else :)

Tank Life Plus

It's very very basic and they want you to pay $50 a month for a "starter" plan - too bad it had potential. They also need to learn to incorporate social media into this - I cannot believe they don't. Email is old school

April 20, 2020

Thank you for you review and your feedback on our pricing! We'll absolutely take that into account.
We do incorporate social media in our points and referral program - I've sent you an email with additional information :)

MOBY'S Petshop | MOBYSpetshop.com

Very expensive and sneaky "user based" pricing model (the app automatically syncs up with your Shopify customer data and adds them as "Smile users". No feature to mass delete irrelevant contacts. Ended up paying hundreds of dollars hidden costs... Lots of better apps out there!

March 13, 2020

Hey there! Our current pricing plans are fixed priced - and covers unlimited members/orders! We're happy to help with converting you over to one of these plans 😊 We'll send you an email with more information! In the meantime, feel free to checkout our current plans: https://smile.io/pricing

Next FPV

*Update on previous 4 star review

So it seems Smile has decided to pull back what they offer on the free plan and has pushed some of the basic features things to $199USD (not even the $49USD plan) which is dissapointing. I think pulling features back on a "sticky" product is a bit of a sneaky trick because business owners are unwilling to change an app that has lots of their customer data integrated into it. Adding new features to entice people to upgrade or pay is a much nicer way of doing things. My initial annoyance with the app still hasn't been fixed 6 months later and I still have customers wanting to include freebies on the order they just placed, which causes us issues and upsets customers, they need to fix it so that rewards get emailed to the customer after the order has been fulfilled. I'm going to start looking at a new rewards program, this one just isn't working well for us and causes me annoyance on a weekly basis.

Great app. would give 5 stars however, please please please can you reinstate reward customers when the financial status is shipped for shopify customers, instead of paid. It is causing lots of admin headaches in our company and upsetting customers. The issue is a customer makes a purchase then gets a reward email immediately then wants to bundle / redeem the reward with the order they just placed, we use a 3PL and don't get always get a chance to change the order and really its not generating return business, instead just costing us money and upsetting customers when we cant combine the order.

February 14, 2020

Thank you for your review and feedback! We understand that this is an important feature for you - and we'll be sure to pass this along to our product team! 💪

Previous 1 3 4