Smile: Rewards & Loyalty

Smile: Rewards & Loyalty

by Smile.io

Boost sales & retention with points, referrals, and pop ups

Uwowo Cosplay

They change the price plan frequently. Imagine a function from $0 to $199/month, I mean the "free product function". Since we have using this app for a long time and there are over 30k members join the plan, I admit that I'm suffering from making the decision about if we should stop using this app. I can pay for the function of course, just think the functions that smile offers does not match their plan price. I'm not sure if this is what they called the "loyalty project", just a little bit disappointed and will not recommend this app to my friends

June 4, 2020

Hey there! Thank you for leaving us a review :) We appreciate your feedback on pricing - and will send you over an email to help out!

Article22

While this app is easy to set up and use, for $49 a month - which is NOT CHEAP - id like to be able to at least gain some deeper analytics that what is currently received - which is almost nothing. Only once were we offered able to offer to our customers a promotion to "double their points" and when i enquired re running this special again, was told it was only offered based on algorithms? i have not seen it since and that was around a year ago. It does not give me incentive to upgrade the account to a more expensive plan and will be looking at alternative apps this year. I would not recommend this app to other business's based solely on the lack of analytics available.

May 4, 2020

Thank you so for your candid feedback here! This definitely helps us improve our product and pricing to continue to help small businesses grow! We've reached out to discuss ways to help & improve your experience. Please don't hesitate to reach out if we can help with anything else :)

Tank Life Plus

It's very very basic and they want you to pay $50 a month for a "starter" plan - too bad it had potential. They also need to learn to incorporate social media into this - I cannot believe they don't. Email is old school

April 20, 2020

Thank you for you review and your feedback on our pricing! We'll absolutely take that into account.
We do incorporate social media in our points and referral program - I've sent you an email with additional information :)

MOBY'S Petshop | MOBYSpetshop.com

Very expensive and sneaky "user based" pricing model (the app automatically syncs up with your Shopify customer data and adds them as "Smile users". No feature to mass delete irrelevant contacts. Ended up paying hundreds of dollars hidden costs... Lots of better apps out there!

March 13, 2020

Hey there! Our current pricing plans are fixed priced - and covers unlimited members/orders! We're happy to help with converting you over to one of these plans 😊 We'll send you an email with more information! In the meantime, feel free to checkout our current plans: https://smile.io/pricing

Cheese n Dash

recently i suffer fm "your points redemption could not be completed, try again later", both customer and admin cannot redeem

January 31, 2020

Thanks for your review! That's not a good experience. I've reached out to you by email to help get this fixed up ASAP!

SOLEILBLUE.com

We've been using this app for about 3 years. Overall I find the app to be missing features that I really want. My biggest sticking point is that the points are awarded right away after purchase. It would be much better from our standpoint if we could set a grace period where the points are awarded after the return policy period has ended. For example, a customer ordered several items from us and immediately redeemed her new points for a free necklace that we offer as one of the rewards. She then returned most of the order, but kept the necklace. She now has a negative points balance from her return and has not made an eligible purchase to get rid of that negative points balance. Smile does not offer a way for us to make sure the customer is keeping their purchase before they receive the points.

Another sticking point, the referral promo code link allows people to send coupons to themselves, even if they enter their own email and name that is used for their rewards. In some cases the system has caught it and "blocked" it, but only after the customer has received the promo code and used it!

Smile had a feature that excluded promo code purchases from earning points and we had been using that feature for years, until one day it was just gone. When I wrote them and asked them why they took away a feature without notice, they simply wrote back and said nobody was using it. I can assure you that's not true, because WE were using it every day. Now we have to deduct points manually for every ineligible purchase which is a real time waster for us. We also had a backlog of ineligible points that we had to go back and adjust because they did not inform us of the change. Very unprofessional. I've seen much better rewards programs than this elsewhere. We'll be phasing it out. It's more trouble than it's worth.

December 24, 2019

Thank you for your honest review & feedback! We'll work on this and be better! 💪

Its Bean Called Java

Pretty Disappointing. On the free plan, there are two ways to reward, not ten. I don't know why App developers feel a need to be misleading.

December 2, 2019

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and your feedback! We've sent you over an email to help with the additional ways to reward! 😊

Anubis Labz

No complaints about functionality...its is a good app that works well. However, SMILE changes their pricing and packages so often that you always feel like you are being jerked around. Case in point: when they last adjusted their pricing they included VIP Tiers for what was then a reasonable monthly fee. Now, if you want to continue to offer your customer's VIP tiers, the price has been jumped to $599 a month! Talks about price gouging...

Without the more advanced features that are now only available in the upper tier, this app really doesn't have much over the others. If you are doing a million-plus a year, then maybe $7,200 a year just for your rewards program is an acceptable expense. Otherwise, it's a ridiculous amount and a shame that SMILE has resorted to greed pricing and pushed out their previous customers. So much for "Loyalty."

September 23, 2019

Thank you for reaching out, and for the feedback! We'll be in touch via email to chat more!

Watts Premier

I just started setting up smile and already have a few hesitations. The photos are required to be such a large size 1200 x 480 that they look very unprofessional in an email because the text in a 600 pixel frame. So you have to scroll in to get the full text cutting off the photo. The argument is they just changed it to the 1200 pixel size in order to give a better quality photo. You can get a great quality photo at 300 dpi. I won't be using the photo which is extremely disappointing!

Also, one of the reasons I choose to go with the Growth program was the ability to have control over the collections the customer can use the rewards on. But we have multiple collections. I want customers to be able to use their rewards on more than one collection, however, I can only choose one or all. I want to be able to restrict one. Why? This is not control, no one has just a couple of collections.

I'm going to try it out, but very skeptical at this point.

September 3, 2019

Thanks for reaching out! We're sending an email your way for further guidance. 🙂

Milkbar Breastpumps

There are some fantastic features in smile however there are some limitations such as the ability for self referral using the refer a friends rewards. For the price being charged there should be something in place to restrict people from claiming a reward generated by themselves. This artificially inflates ROI.

Previous 1 3