Smile: Rewards & Loyalty

Smile: Rewards & Loyalty

by Smile.io

Boost sales & retention with points, referrals, and pop ups

Grace

Easy interface and customer management. Having hiccups lately. Rewards points are being used and re-credited back to customer giving them endless point. Not happy right now and support takes a day + to get back to you.

Anyone else having issues where the rewards are used for a purchase and instead of being deducted from the customer's reward account, they go right back on it. I'm waiting for support but wanted to know if we're alone here. Our customers are shopping and getting free rewards dollars. icky

August 17, 2020

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're so sorry for the technical challenge re: POS points. This has been resolved by Shopify - and our support team will reach out with a CSV to adjust for this!

Lily Hill

In general, this is a great loyalty program and I feel like it has definitely added value to my website. There are a few things that could improve; my customers tend to find the rewards panel confusing (I think the slider bar where they go to redeem their points really throws them off-I wish Smile would change this to make it more user-friendly!). I also did not find the start up info as helpful as I would have liked. More examples of how to set up your store and e-mails would have been awesome. That said, I will continue to use the program and recommend to others.

July 14, 2020

Thank you for your review and feedback! We're going to be reaching out to help out more here :)

Dixie Mech

This app has great promise, but it really lacks in power features.

Like you cant reward a customer with a free product from a collection. It has to be a specific product. So if you have many designs of the same product (our example is mousepads), you have to choose a single one for the customers to get for free. You cant just give them a free mousepad and let them choose any any of them. I have to choose one single design that they have to get for free. So if you sell out of that specific design, tough luck, you now have to keep changing it in the system. Also the customer has no choice even though, to them, they see the product as being the same cost and dont understand why they cant choose their free mousepad. You cant even select multiple products which would seem like the compromise.

Another example is you cant edit the promo code it creates for rewards to have a maximum amount. So i cant setup a promo code to be 10% off up to $100. Its just 10% an unlimited amount. So if someone makes a purchase for $10,000 they can get $1,000 off with no maximum.

There are many little things like this in Smile that really bug me which keep it from really being great. I will edit my rating if some of these things were changed / added. Specifically the free collection thing.

I dont know if this is a limit of shopify or not, and this does not count towards my review, but i wish Amount Off coupons could count towards shipping. If a customer has a $20 off coupon and they buy a $15 product they has $7 shipping for a total of$22, they can only get $15 off even though their purchase is over $20.

Also i would LOVE to be able to actually link customers to the rewards. There is not way to actually link customers to see the rewards. I have to tell them to manually open the widget at the bottom of the page.

July 14, 2020

Hey there! Thanks so much for your detailed feedback & review. We've sent over an email to help out! :)

hpl jewelry

i am not very computer sabby, this point system is confusing- customer purchased an item. did not use credits and it automatically deducted 500 points from her acct without using her earned points. Im very confused!

June 26, 2020

Hey there! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I'm so sorry to hear that you're finding the points program confusing. We'll send you over an email to help out right away! :)

Little Prairie Girl

entering customers at checkout be automatic opt in for rewards so they don’t have to go Their email to complete

March 20, 2020

Thanks for your review! We'll send you over an email to help with this 🙂

WIGKED WIGS

Nice app but they REALLY need to have their own loyalty rewards template that we can use. Without it, having a rewards system is basically pointless.
Also the app doesn't allow any text button for mobile. Which means customers are expected to know an icon picture is the rewards button ( atleast on free plan)
then
as a said before, if there is no rewards template explaining the rewards customers will never use it because it was never explained. Please implement a rewards template or some sort of template explaining how rewards work. This is why sezzle is so great because it offers all kinds of branding templates making our job easier.

March 6, 2020

Hey there! Thank you for your review & feedback! We'll shoot you an email to help out 😊

Kurafuchi

I’ve used this app for 3 months on the 50$/month plan. It looked like a great concept at first, but for such a high price it lacks several important features (or only makes them available on a 200$/month plan) :

There is no analytics or any kind of way to view how customers spend their points (or if they even do) on the 50$ plan.

A major feature that’s also missing is the integration with emailing apps to allow customers to redeem points by subscribing to the newsletter. That should be a top feature for any kind of rewards system.

The interface is too limited, with very few customization possibilities. I understand it has to be user-friendly, but this is oversimplified. The intrusive popup widget gets old really fast. If it was a fairly new app I’d understand, but they’ve been around for years and should have had improved by now.

The support is alright which is why I’m still giving it 3 stars, but overall I don’t feel like this is worth the cost.

January 8, 2020

Hi there! Thank you for your honest review :) We'll send you over an email to help out!

OneStoreBlast

limited can do little with it. I was expecting more but unfortunately is set up for a payment plan. I need to make money to start spending money on this first.

December 9, 2019

Thank you for the feedback! We'll be in touch with some resources to help! 🙂

Australia Vape

I tried the $50 STARTER PLAN for 2 months, unfortunately it didn't work for me.

PROS:
- Set-up is very easy & straightforward.

CONS:
- No template to create a "page" explaining the program. I had to use another page builder app to do that. All you get is a small icon with a very brief description.
- No email template to inform/invite "non-members" from my email list

What's important to me is the bottom line: does it BOOST sales or not? For me it did NOT. In the 2 months I had it, there were barely any sign-ups (not even my regular customers), and zero sales from the program.

I promoted the program by having a dedicated page explaining it, an announcement banner on my site, email, & announcements from the Judge.me review emails.

It felt as if the rewards program was another "product" that had to be heavily promoted, when I what I was looking for was the exact opposite: a program that would promote my other products.

November 11, 2019

Thank you so much for your detailed review 🙌 We'll shoot you over an email to chat more about your feedback!

Photo Boards®

So close to being a great app, but there seems to be a major error on how the app calculates points on sales.

If like us you choose to base rewards points on the product price before tax and shipping is added, beware that the app takes the total order amount then deducts the VAT inclusive delivery fee and also deducts the total VAT for the whole order, resulting in VAT on delivery being deducted twice and fewer points awarded than the customer is expecting. Instead, it should base the rewardable total on the product total before VAT.

October 8, 2019

Thank you for the feedback! We'll be sending an email your way shortly to help!

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9