Smoke Drop , 50 reviews
Garbage company. Half of my customers orders were cancelled because of inventory not available. Waste of money.
Hi Holistic Pets RX,
Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We're sorry your experience with Smoke Drop was not satisfactory and we'd love the chance to prove we are a valuable partner for your store.
After reviewing your order history, we noticed that 2 out of your 12+ orders were cancelled over the last several months due to inventory issues.
Apologies for the inconvenience these cancellations caused. When suppliers run out of inventory, we do our best to offer a suitable replacement you can offer to the customer. If a replacement is not available, we issue a full refund for the order so you can refund your customer.
Order cancellations are not ideal and we strive to only partner with suppliers who can consistently fulfill orders with high quality products.
If you'd like to try Smoke Drop again, please do not hesitate to reach out and we'll be happy to provide recommendations on products to carry on your store.
Thanks again for using Smoke Drop and we hope to serve you again in the near future.
I was offered a free trial but they charged me $99 anyway. I tried to get them to refund and they would not until Shopify made them do it. DO NOT give them your credit card number! P.S. The developer replies to bad reviews right away with bogus lies. Just look at all the other reviews here -- not the fake 5 star ones that companies leave before they actually use the product. All f13 apps have terrible ratings for a very good reason.
DO NOT DOWNLOAD!
Horrible service. Had free trial period- forgot about it and got charged for 99$ no refund possible wasn’t using any product in my store in that period.
A lot of products often out of stock, some of the products activated for my store did not even show in my store. Most products don’t have international shipping be careful if you are from Europe or other parts of the world outside of the US.
Would not recommend using it.
Thank you for your review.
We'd like to address all of your concerns:
1. Free Trial: We provided a 90-day free trial to all Shopify users to help support businesses as the ongoing pandemic hit. We're happy to see you took advantage of this offer. Once the free trial ends, you're billed for a monthly subscription if the app remains installed. The app remained installed on your store for 23 days after the free trial ended. Unfortunately we don't send out reminders for free trials ending. The length of your free trial is clearly stated on the Apps page of your Shopify admin.
2. Product inventory: We sync inventory for all products in the app that are added to your store. Not sure how you noticed many products out of stock when you stated you did not use the app at all, but products are regularly restocked by suppliers in the app.
3. International shipping; It's clearly displayed in the app which products can be shipped internationally. We have over 2,000 products that can be shipped internationally at the moment.
Smoke Drop is committed to helping every customer quickly and would have been happy to resolve your confusion around the free trial period. Unfortunately cursing at our customer service team is neither professional nor helpful in resolving any issues that arise.
DO NOT DOWNLOAD!
Horrible service. Shipping rates will cause a nightmare dealing with your customers and them. Customer service is very poor. Would not recommend using.
Thank you for your review.
We'd like to address both of your concerns:
1. Shipping Cost: Smoke Drop clearly displays the shipping cost for each product in the app. This includes the additional costs for orders with multiple units. We also offer a tutorial video explaining how each and every cost works in the app - including shipping. Unfortunately it seems the shipping cost was not clear to you, for which we apologize. It's very rare that a store owner is unable to understand how shipping costs work, but our support team is happy to quickly and easily resolve the confusion if they are made aware of the problem. We did not received any support tickets from you before you placed an order on the app, which likely lead to your misunderstanding regarding shipping prices.
2. Customer service: Smoke Drop's team is proud to offer support for all of our users. You had communicated with a team member this afternoon, asking for Smoke Drop to refund the shipping cost of an order, as you were not understanding how shipping is charged in the app. When an order contains multiple units of the same item, you're charged the flat rate price of the first item and a flat-rate price for each additional unit in the order.
Smoke Drop is committed to helping every customer quickly and would have been happy to resolve your confusion around shipping costs.
Shopify payments canceled my account because of this app! When I deleted the app and asked for a refund I was told that they do not offer refunds on subscriptions. This app is way more trouble than it is worth.
most of the products i have activated for my store don't even show in my store. messaged them for help and got no response. don't waste your money.
Had the app for 10 days was charged the whole month fee and wouldn't reply to message there products don't sell at all most will get features to start acting up on shopify
As we mentioned in the first paragraph of our review, we have multiple stores that installed Smoke Drop, this is just one of the stores.
Funny thing being they wrote something like they are investigating us for fraud in their reply then Shopify app store removed that then they came up with this one.
Really? Fraud? Instead of all the PR works why not trying replying to one of our emails? Is that what you guys should do?
We used to have this app in every store we managed, as time went by their customer service had gone so bad there is literally no one there to answer our logistics or product quality related questions, and there is no guarantee when the product is going to be shipped and we haven't received one email from them since Dec 3rd, out of options we decided to file disputes on all the payments we sent from Dec 3rd and then we got an email threatening if we don't pull the disputes they are going to shut down our Smoke Drop account, we are amazed! turns out there is somebody there responding to payment details and yet not actual question from users that pays you $19.99 a month! We've saved you the trouble and deleted the app ourselves.
This user has zero history with the application, no orders, no emails, no claims.
Updated: Worst thing anyone can ever do with their time is messing with this app . They do not keep up with stock or the vendors they use. I lost about 25 hrs of time listing, fixing inaccuracies and deleting products from the lost vendors that bailed on them. Pictures don't match / look clean plus a lot do not load once added leaving you to hunt for them yourself. Descriptions on most are against FDA regulations or misleading. A lot of issues dealing with slow shipping and sending wrong products in the few orders I had. One vendor shipped whatever he wanted after sold out (hassle), One product hasn't been delivered 12 days after ordering (ridiculous). The price point and shipping on some items are a bit high. All orders have had some issue after the first one. Recently, I logged on to find 80% plus of my shop was out of stock. Over 200 items all sold out instantly. They no longer have one of the best vendors on the platform. The rest of the stuff is Canadian shipping at $10 and over a week shipping times or not my niche. Pretty much a worthless app for $19 a month. Save your time and reach to vendors individually and dodge this hassle. You temporarily paused a vendor that supplied 90% of your stock and told me you have no knowledge of when they will be available. So what are you robbing people of monthly fees for when you have nothing to sell but a few over priced pipes and wool knit hats. I won't be coming back to this period.
Thanks for taking time to leave a review! We appreciate your feedback immensely.
Apologies for the mixup. We didn't lose a vendor, thankfully. One of our vendors is in the process of moving their site to a new platform. As a result, we have temporarily paused their listings until they're ready to fulfill orders again. We're confident things will be back to normal shortly.
Please feel free to reach out to our customer support team if you have any questions.
Fair warning here. you will loose the ability to use shopify payments. also the margins are razer thin. shipping is much more expensive than it needs to be. Sometimes $10 on a $5 product.
We try to provide the same disclaimer to users before trying the Smoke Drop app. Shipping costs include picking and packing and are set by individual suppliers. We provide clear costs to users and let you decide how to adjust your retail prices and shipping costs to ensure profit. Many users are selling a lot of Smoke Drop products but reviewing your store I can see why you might have difficulty doing so.