Social Boost

Social Boost

by Apps Mav

Run referrals, instant win campaigns, giveaways & sweepstakes

1 review

BeeZeeArt

This app was easy to set up and looks nice in my store. On my end everything has been great. I'm paying for a more expensive plan, but I figured it would be worth it.

My customers, however, hate it. I have constant messages of issues on their end with social boost not counting certain sign ups (especially Youtube subscriptions). I've recommended basic trouble shooting like using a different browser, turning off adblock, etc, but I really can't fix their issues since it's an issue with social boost and not on my end or anything I have any control over. I can't find a way to manually add entries for these customers either so I get the brunt of their anger.

When my giveaway is over, I won't be using it again. It's a shame because, again, on my end it was great. But it needs to work for my customers or it's pointless!

July 20, 2020

[UPDATE: July 21, 2020] As promised, we have released a feature for admin to be able to manually add the entries.

July 20, 2020
My name is Akash Malik. I am the founder of Apps Mav.

I totally agree and understand your frustration.

First of all my sincere apologies.

You have raised two issues:

Manually adding entries: I agree that we should have this feature and thank you for pointing this out. Accordingly I have discussed this with my team and we will release this new feature within the next two days. Our apps are regularly enhanced based on customer feedback , which is very valuable for us.

For YouTube subscription - Please let me clarify by saying that if the action does not receive a verification callback from YouTube, the subscription will not be counted or rewarded- So perhaps this is the reason for the observed behavior. Additionally, my colleagues have thoroughly tested by entering your campaign as multiple users via different devices and browsers and I can confirm that all subscription entries are being counted for your giveaway and the action is working as defined. If you see a different behavior, please email the entrants' details to support@appsmav.com and I will get this investigated further.
We will email the test screenshots to you.

Stay Safe And Regards