Lookalike Audience Builder

Lookalike Audience Builder

From $29/month. 7-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (2.8)
2.8
June 2, 2021

I followed all the steps carefully to download the email list, waited the 60 hours and when it was finished it says export failed. I have tried to reach out to them twice and I do not get a response back.

GLDN MUSE
Time spent using app: 4 months
DropShip Tools Team replied June 3, 2021

Hi There GLDN MUSE,
We're so sorry about this. We've sent you an email following up with this issue. If you are unable to see that response please help us get a valid email to contact you.
We want to make this up to you!

Edited April 21, 2021

I was incentivized with 1,000 free emails to leave a positive review. In good faith I can not. I am afraid this app is complete BS. The emails do not appear valid, the methods for obtaining them are vague.

AMRAP Nutrition
Time spent using app: 4 days
DropShip Tools Team replied April 21, 2021

We are sorry to see you had a bad experience with the app.

Giving our customers the best experience possible is our goal - we took a look at your emails to our team and it seems we replied within 24 hours and did our best to answer your questions.

Our email collection methods are proprietary and part of our "secret sauce" that gives us a competitive edge.

Please let us know if we can do anything else for you!

March 26, 2021

The app is fake. No. 1: It game our business 1,000 emails most of them fake emails and others with a @domain.com no existent, that means it was from a business/website X that closed several years ago but this app still has those emails in a database. No. 2: Emails from people completely irrelevant to my business. We sell *Clothing* for *MEN*, and we got emails from all kinds of things like cosmetic stores for woman, travel agencies, etc. No. 3: The app asks for access to the name, address, phone number, and email address of all the customers you'd had and you'll ever have. This feature is not needed and I don't want to think that their are building a database with all the customers of as many Shopify stores as they can to then sell those emails to other stores (like their doing now, they are in the "selling emails business"). Or worst, use everyone's customers to create their own online store but with a huge database of customers from day 1. The app ask you for an Instagram @handle, and they will scrap Instagram (wich by the way is against Instagram's terms and conditions of use), Likedin, etc, searching for email addresses of people related to that Instagram @handle For that function, you don't need to get access to the private information of every customer we have. I'm extremely disappointed and concerned about this app being on the Shopify store for other businesses to install in their own store and give to these guys his database of customers.

BYTHEM
Time spent using app: 2 days
DropShip Tools Team replied March 26, 2021

We are sorry that you had a bad experience with our app.

To address your concerns:
#1 - We do not and will NEVER store your customer data. Period. This is against Shopify's terms of service and we will never sell your private store data EVER.

#2 - We collect data from the public internet and use your store's customers as a starting point to begin out data collection. Once we start collecting public data for your store, we do not touch your store's customer's data again.

#3 - We have contacted you via email to address your specific concerns with the quality of the data you received.

Thank you for your feedback and patience! We hope to help you resolve your issues soon.

March 22, 2021

What a wonderful app , it definitively increased my sales day by day, with quality and consistency, everyone should use this!

goodideias
Brazil
Time spent using app: 21 days
DropShip Tools Team replied March 23, 2021

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're so happy we can help!

March 22, 2021

This app does not do what it says. Shopify should ban it. You get random e-mail addresses from Mexico and Russia - for a German instagram profile

Glamsy
Germany
Time spent using app: 6 days
DropShip Tools Team replied March 22, 2021

Hi Glamsy, we're so sorry you had a bad experience! We want to make it up to you.

We have followed up via email, lets take the conversation there.

March 22, 2021

This app has helped me grow my online marketing to more people to create awareness and conversions.Its an amazing tool to help online stores. They also deliver the emails quickly

Home Of Trends
South Africa
Time spent using app: 3 months
DropShip Tools Team replied March 22, 2021

Thank you for the 5 star review!

March 20, 2021

The app doesn't work. They really send you an email list but it will come without name, gender, and location of email owners. This is useless if you aim to use it for email marketing and Facebook advertising. So I uninstalled and delete the app on the second day of free trial period but I still got charged for no reason. Then, I contacted their customer support to request a refund. It's been a week and I still haven't heard anything back from them. I couldn't be more disappointed.

Almaifie
Time spent using app: 3 days
DropShip Tools Team replied March 22, 2021

We're sorry you had a poor experience with our app!

The reason you were charged was because you deleted and re-installed on the same day, we are happy to work with you on this!

It seems we responded to you on March 17th with directions on how to request a refund, if you do not use the email associated with your Shopify, please respond with that here so we may contact you.

Lets work this out!

Edited March 14, 2021

The app does not work ... I personally believe it sells illegally obtained email addresses. Here's why ... They advertise, as if you are able to steal someone else's instagram followers, and build audiences based on those followers emails. This is blatantly false, and not accurate. I emailed their customer service, and asked "Where do you get these emails?" ... the response from "Lucy@lookalikeaudiencebuilder.com" was the following "We scrape our emails from public sources and vend them based on interests those emails have shown! For example we may see that an email is interested in women's clothing, so we may vend it to someone based on that information!"
So basically they scrape emails off the internet, then sell them if they "think" they are related to the instagram account you enter. Really? The email data I received was of poor quality, not related to my niche. Several of the emails were of this nature "info - at - mightygoodfood.net" ... which isn't a human, it's a helpdesk email for a business. Please don't waste your time.

Seedles
Time spent using app: 3 months
DropShip Tools Team replied March 19, 2021

We're so sorry for your poor experience!

We assure you the emails we vend are legal and good leads for your campaigns.

We've followed up via email, lets continue the conversation there.

March 10, 2021

I used during trial period to "try" and did not know that I needed to delete the app after the trial period to not be charged. So you'll basically pay to have this loaded even if you don't use it after the trial!

Island Mermaid Tribe
Time spent using app: 29 days
DropShip Tools Team replied March 19, 2021

We're so sorry about this!

We're looking into solutions to issues like this, and we understand your frustration.

We've followed up by email, let's continue the conversation there.

March 8, 2021

This app has helped me grow my online marketing to way more people to create further awareness and conversions. Thank you so much for this amazing tool to help my e-commerce store.

Slice & Squeeze