SPOD ‑ Print‑on‑Demand

SPOD ‑ Print‑on‑Demand

by SPOD - Spreadshirt Print on Demand

Best Prices. 48 Hours Flat. Print-on-Demand by Spreadshirt.

Nimble Prints

Don't use this app. At least not until they fix a major issue with it. When creating a product and pushing the product to your store the app uses massive image files of the .webp type. When I say massive I mean MASSIVE. On the order of 12 to 15mb per image. That's PER IMAGE so if you have men's collection for example and you have more than just a few items your PAGE LOAD SPEEDS are REDUCED TO A CRAWL. Pages were taking 10-15 seconds to load. You could use an image minimizer app but of course that costs money and doesn't overcome the second problem which lies with Spreadshirt's shipping. The shipping costs are based on the total cost of the order and those COSTS ARE HIGH. You can be sure that when a customer reaches checkout and sees they're getting tagged with $25 in shipping for an order over $100 they will frequently abandon their carts. $25 equates to another product purchase on another site and you can't subject customers to these expenses in the age of free shipping from the likes of Amazon. It's unfortunate because I like the app itself aside from the image file size issues and they have an excellent product line and color options. Get the two items I listed changed or at least improved and I'll come back.

September 26, 2019

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback!

Regarding the image size - a 12-15mb per image is not possible. We're using precicesly the format .webp to reduce file size. Could you please contact us via support@spod.com and we could check your store from our end.

As for the shipping - please note that shipping is calculated on the product cost, not the price you charge your customer. As we're having the best prices of the industry you will barely see any higher shipping costs, except you're starting to have really big baskets.

Jellyi ... Sweetest Deals

So far I can only review the product design process for my store. I would like to use SPOD but product setup will be too much effort. A White T with Black writing has to be created in one product and then a Black T with the same writing in White has to be another product. It is a too big a job to then manually consolidate into variants in Shopify especially with many products. This is a simple 101 facility that other companies have as standard. Unfortunately the latest released design edit facility appears to do something different. Robert, regarding your reply, the simple solution is to make the feature available so that shops can either use it or not, depending on their needs

September 23, 2019

Thank you very much for your input. We are working continuously on improving our service and are aware of the problem. So far, we did not find a solution that works for shops that want to have the design color switched and shops that do not want to have this.
It will take some time to find a solution that is beneficial for all scenarios.

Kind regards
Robert

Romantic Express

I really want to use this app so that my customers can custom create their own products. However the name SpreadShirt is mentioned a lot in the descriptions of the products with no way to change it. Such as "The headliner of the Spreadshirt Collection is our premium T-shirt" in the If I saw this I would go check out Spreadshirt and find that the prices are much cheaper to buy there since the prices there are barely above the prices in this app. I really want to offer this but really do not want another store's name in the product description of my page. I contacted them in April asking if this could be changed. Apparently it is too tough to change text.

Text can be changed for the products you make to be sold, but not the section to allow customers to make their own products. Please Please find a way to change these text descriptions to omit your brand name.