SPOD ‑ Print‑on‑Demand

SPOD ‑ Print‑on‑Demand

by SPOD - Spreadshirt Print on Demand

Pandemic-Proof. 48 Hours Flat. EU & US Production.

Midwest Quest

The app is great for setting up products. The production and shipping is great. I created and ordered several sample t-shirts. They looked okay-the colors weren't great if you are printing color there are better vendors. What was terrible is after washing several of the shirts 3 times, the design could easily be pealed off. If your looking to have long term customers, I wouldn't send them a shirt from this place.

November 6, 2020

Hello Midwest Quest,

Thank you for leaving your honest review, we're sorry to read that you had problems with the print. These things shouldn't happen but if they do, please make sure to inform the customer service at support@spod.com, so we can refund the order and take the problem to the production sites to ultimately improve our services. Thank you!

bunlyshop

SPOD has good communication, but the backend on shipping isnt the best, the free shipping took 4+ months (and no one had any info on the whereabouts), i asked for a refund because 4 months is unacceptable, but no refund provided. Also some of the prints were a bit shoddy.

September 28, 2020

Hey there,

Thank you for the review. We are sorry that you experienced trouble with the shipping of the order. I would like to point out that the issue is in the Canadian Customs process and not with SPOD. The customs process is unfortunately not very reliable nor fast by any means.
The order was placed on July 4th (not 4 month ago) and was shipped on July 9th (due to holidays). After it was shipped we rely on the shipping providers and the customs process as any other provider does.

In our documentation I can't find any request for a refund so I assume this was why none has been processed. Just did this now so that you do not have to pay for the flawed customs process.

Kind regards
Robert

noyume

I like how easy it is to use this app but I really hate that the items I want are always either low in stock or not in stock at all. For example, a pink hoodie would have only 10 of size large in stock but nothing else so I can't sell anything.

Unlikely Farmers

I wish you sold more American Apparel and had more options to write on the sleeves or wrap text. Have to supplement because you do not have that.
Please specify shipping and production times to Canada.

July 31, 2020

Hi Unlikely Farmers,

Thanks for the request for more American Apparel. Our purchasing team is looking into this to see if it is possible. You can find all our shipping times on our shipping calculator here: https://faq.spod.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007744373-What-are-SPOD-s-shipping-times-and-prices

Maggie & Ace

I used this app to print on mugs and t-shirts. It did a good job printing on mugs and the mugs were high quality. While the premium t-shirts are also good quality, the print quality is hit or miss. Black print on white t-shirts comes out faded, streaked and with ink residue spots. Would be fantastic if they figured out a way to provide consistently good print quality on t-shirts. It would also be great if SPOD expanded their product catalog to include more home-goods (picture frames, art, full throw pillows instead of just pillow cases, and more socks). Lastly, I'm waiting on full color mugs to return as not having them in stock is really hurting my sales.

July 24, 2020

Hello Maggie & Ace,

Thank you for reviewing our app and for your honest feedback on our print quality. We're always grateful for examples of what can be done better to achieve a consistent print quality, so you can feel free to email us pictures of the prints to support@spod.com and we can then approach our colleagues in the production facilities to find out what can be done better. Thank you!

Zodiac Ware

I will give this a 3 stars -
Firstly its VERY easy to use in terms of product set up etc, cannot fault that, but the reason for just 3 is that as follow
The prices and the items available are nice.

No way (that ive found) to find an existing design you have created, if you have made a mistake i cannot find a way to modify said design and update store
Only 1 product image is uploaded, this is a big hit for me, I like customers to have lots of images to choose from, even if it was the 3 basic images within the app that got uploaded to my product page would be good... I like idea of model with image on front - but , i also like the plain image so customers can have a good luck
No way to standardise image sizes, would be good if you could enter images sizes , spent a lot of time unifying my designs so they all look identical except for the text and core image, but its a real PITA to have to try and manually alter the image size on each item to be the same..
Also, would be nice if when you imported the image it auto-resized to the max of the image location on the item
I cannot comment on the fulfillment side as ive only just set it up...
Even having the carrier rates incorporated would be nice, save a lot of work

but, overall i actually like the app. Just thought id put an honest review.

July 6, 2020

Hello Zodiac Ware,

Thank you for taking the time and giving us your feedback, we are happy that you found our app easy to use as this is an important feature to us.
Also, it's always vital to us to hear what options and features our merchants are missing to improve our services.
Changing the design, that is, making changes to the design file itself during the product creation process is not possible as we would need to implement a design creation option, similar to Gimp or Photoshop, into the product designer in the app, which we, unfortunately, cannot do.
Having more than one product image in the app is on the other hand something that we are working on and hope to be implementing soon.
We will also review your other suggestions so we can improve our services. If you have any more suggestions or questions, please feel free to get in touch at support@spod.com. Thank you!

hakonah

the app is fantastic but the shipping rate is very high and it take a long time this is the only issue with this app

June 19, 2020

Hello hakonah,

Thank you for your feedback! Sometimes, suppliers calculate the shipping rates into the product prices to offer lower shipping. That means, in turn, higher product prices.
We want to be transparent about our prices so that you have the possibility to decide, what prices you want to offer your customers in turn.
You can find some useful information on this subject in our FAQ pages: https://faq.spod.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010855433-How-can-I-configure-shipping-cost-in-Shopify-#article
As for the delays in production: we know this is frustrating, we're currently working on increasing our capacities so we can again offer a quicker turnaround on incoming orders. We try to keep our merchants up to date on this designated faq page: https://faq.spod.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012726799.

ou can see our COVID-19 updates here about our current situations - https://faq.spod.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012726799-COVID-19-Updates-#article

Vista Blvd

Was really excited to use SPOD but just had to pull the plug. Everything was straight forward and had no issues setting up but after getting my samples, I'm really disappointed in the print quality, etc. I really hope they consider implementing a better product designing process that lets you know if your image file meets their standards like other POD options do. My files were all really large resolution, high DPI, etc. yet they don't look good at all. Some of the colors just look bad. And one shirt had stuff on it that I had to wash to get off. I can't sell these designs to customers -- looks super cheap. Don't recommend them, currently.

June 4, 2020

Hi Vista Blvd,

Thanks for leaving the honest feedback, we are sorry to hear that your experience was not what you expected.
We will reach out to you and try and see what went wrong with the print of your images.
As for the t-shirt that you have to wash, it sounds to us like there was some pre-treatment on the product. This is required to make the ink stick to the t-shirt, and it can be sometimes it is somewhat visible on the product. A wash will remove the pre-treatment as you stated, unfortunately due to the nature of print-on-demand we cannot wash the products as well after printing them, this will lead to longer production times and additional costs for your business.

Café Latte Shop

Good products variety.
But mockups are pretty standard for dropshipping and in-store display,
The modification of images and adjustment is also limited. Otherwise the use is correct.

May 7, 2020

Hi Café Latte Shop,

Thanks for leaving the feedback, it is great to see you are happy with our products. As for the mock ups, whilst we are continuously trying to improve our variety of mock ups, if you are not completely happy their are external services such as PlaceIt that offer more specialized images.

The Wanted Tees and More

I'm having a little difficulty creating products. Why isn't there a list of templates instead of going in and copying a template from the store?

March 5, 2020

Hello The Wanted Tees and More,

Thanks for leaving your feedback, this feature is currently on our roadmap and we hope to have it released in the near future. We will be sure to announce the release when it is complete.

Previous 1