SPOD ‑ Print‑on‑Demand

SPOD ‑ Print‑on‑Demand

by SPOD - Spreadshirt Print on Demand

Best Prices. 48 Hours Flat. Print-on-Demand by Spreadshirt.

Zodiac Ware

I will give this a 3 stars -
Firstly its VERY easy to use in terms of product set up etc, cannot fault that, but the reason for just 3 is that as follow
The prices and the items available are nice.

No way (that ive found) to find an existing design you have created, if you have made a mistake i cannot find a way to modify said design and update store
Only 1 product image is uploaded, this is a big hit for me, I like customers to have lots of images to choose from, even if it was the 3 basic images within the app that got uploaded to my product page would be good... I like idea of model with image on front - but , i also like the plain image so customers can have a good luck
No way to standardise image sizes, would be good if you could enter images sizes , spent a lot of time unifying my designs so they all look identical except for the text and core image, but its a real PITA to have to try and manually alter the image size on each item to be the same..
Also, would be nice if when you imported the image it auto-resized to the max of the image location on the item
I cannot comment on the fulfillment side as ive only just set it up...
Even having the carrier rates incorporated would be nice, save a lot of work

but, overall i actually like the app. Just thought id put an honest review.

July 6, 2020

Hello Zodiac Ware,

Thank you for taking the time and giving us your feedback, we are happy that you found our app easy to use as this is an important feature to us.
Also, it's always vital to us to hear what options and features our merchants are missing to improve our services.
Changing the design, that is, making changes to the design file itself during the product creation process is not possible as we would need to implement a design creation option, similar to Gimp or Photoshop, into the product designer in the app, which we, unfortunately, cannot do.
Having more than one product image in the app is on the other hand something that we are working on and hope to be implementing soon.
We will also review your other suggestions so we can improve our services. If you have any more suggestions or questions, please feel free to get in touch at support@spod.com. Thank you!

hakonah

the app is fantastic but the shipping rate is very high and it take a long time this is the only issue with this app

June 19, 2020

Hello hakonah,

Thank you for your feedback! Sometimes, suppliers calculate the shipping rates into the product prices to offer lower shipping. That means, in turn, higher product prices.
We want to be transparent about our prices so that you have the possibility to decide, what prices you want to offer your customers in turn.
You can find some useful information on this subject in our FAQ pages: https://faq.spod.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010855433-How-can-I-configure-shipping-cost-in-Shopify-#article
As for the delays in production: we know this is frustrating, we're currently working on increasing our capacities so we can again offer a quicker turnaround on incoming orders. We try to keep our merchants up to date on this designated faq page: https://faq.spod.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012726799.

ou can see our COVID-19 updates here about our current situations - https://faq.spod.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012726799-COVID-19-Updates-#article

Vista Blvd

Was really excited to use SPOD but just had to pull the plug. Everything was straight forward and had no issues setting up but after getting my samples, I'm really disappointed in the print quality, etc. I really hope they consider implementing a better product designing process that lets you know if your image file meets their standards like other POD options do. My files were all really large resolution, high DPI, etc. yet they don't look good at all. Some of the colors just look bad. And one shirt had stuff on it that I had to wash to get off. I can't sell these designs to customers -- looks super cheap. Don't recommend them, currently.

June 4, 2020

Hi Vista Blvd,

Thanks for leaving the honest feedback, we are sorry to hear that your experience was not what you expected.
We will reach out to you and try and see what went wrong with the print of your images.
As for the t-shirt that you have to wash, it sounds to us like there was some pre-treatment on the product. This is required to make the ink stick to the t-shirt, and it can be sometimes it is somewhat visible on the product. A wash will remove the pre-treatment as you stated, unfortunately due to the nature of print-on-demand we cannot wash the products as well after printing them, this will lead to longer production times and additional costs for your business.

Café Latte Shop

Good products variety.
But mockups are pretty standard for dropshipping and in-store display,
The modification of images and adjustment is also limited. Otherwise the use is correct.

May 7, 2020

Hi Café Latte Shop,

Thanks for leaving the feedback, it is great to see you are happy with our products. As for the mock ups, whilst we are continuously trying to improve our variety of mock ups, if you are not completely happy their are external services such as PlaceIt that offer more specialized images.

The Wanted Tees and More

I'm having a little difficulty creating products. Why isn't there a list of templates instead of going in and copying a template from the store?

March 5, 2020

Hello The Wanted Tees and More,

Thanks for leaving your feedback, this feature is currently on our roadmap and we hope to have it released in the near future. We will be sure to announce the release when it is complete.

Beyond Average Training Apparel

Fast shipping but colors look faded and quality of shirt seem cheap....also dislike strong vinegar chemical smell on all my samples.

Space Cadet Clothing Co.

I like the app, i dont LOOOOVEEE it.
1. no mockups for alot of things
2. shipping is expensive
3. no etsy intergration
4. quality of print can be better
5. everything smells like vinegar and thats a big turn off with customers.

it is really great for the price tho and i will keep using it for certain hoodies that i like.
check out my website to see what ive created
www.spacecadetclothing.com

December 19, 2019

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback, I will go through and answer your topics.
1. no mockups for alot of things - We have mock ups for a lot of products but not everything, our aim in 2020 is to have mockups for every single product. In the meantime you could use a service like placeit.net for moore mock ups.
2. shipping is expensive - I am sorry to hear you find our shipping expensive, if you take a look at our competitors SPOD has the cheapest shipping prices. We would love to lower the prices in the future.
3. no etsy intergration - We do not have an integration for Etsy, but you could use apps on Shopify's app store to upload products to Etsy.
4. quality of print can be better - I will look into your orders and see what we could have done better.
5. everything smells like vinegar and thats a big turn off with customers. - Unfortunately this is the nature of Print-on-Demand. We need to add a pre-treatment to make the ink stick to the products, this is gone with a quick wash.

Thanks,
Adam from SPOD.

appax

really not made for international shipping.I ordered a sample a month ago. after tones of email finally got a reply. i have to look for my order over the entire country looking for a number which is not a tracking number. THEY DONT CARE about your order.
but... I do recommend this app inside the US. good quality. great interface and very easy to use. you can add a layer on top of another layer and this is great, you can add your logo. lots of items to choose from. fast fast fast shipping. friendly and fast reply from customer service.
the problem is ...they switching to the dark side when you have to ship internationally. no reply. no support. everything is completely different. you have to find your package.and this is not great.

SKYIPLAZA

It's great but the support team seems to be nonexistent. Other than that, lots of products to choose from and product quality seems to be good.

November 6, 2019

We are sorry you haven't been able to get through to us. We have searched through our communication channels for any messages from your account but we haven't found any. Please reach out to support@spod.com for a direct response and we will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Adam from SPOD

One Feisty Peach

I always order samples of the products I wish to add to my store when trying out a new POD company to determine the quality of the merch. I order a v-neck tee, a wide neck sweatshirt and the sweatshirt dress. The quality of the tee and print on the tee was perfectly fine. I spotted right away that the print on the sweatshirt (white sweatshirt, pink and black lettering) had small white spots and it did not print as brightly as i would've liked. The quality of the sweatshirt is great though. The sweatshirt dress is another story. The measurements are very far off from what's advertised so I'm in the process of obtaining clarity and possibly another sample because of this. The length alone was about 3 inches shorter (lying flat) than what the site states, so please be mindful if you plan to add this to your store, or please purchase a sample first. I'm thinking I may have gotten a sweatshirt and not the dress?? Shipping times were reasonable so no issue there, I just wish that they packaged their items in individual wrapping as opposed to just loosely placing items in the poly mailer. I shop online very often and have NEVER received anything like this. I wish SPOD would really consider changing this practice as that's extremely tacky to me, but that's just my opinion and preference.

September 23, 2019

Hi there,

Thank you for your review. Could you please send us an e-mail to support@spod.com with your order id so that we can process a refund and also look into the problem.

Kind regards