Stocky

Stocky

by Shopify

Inventory Management for Shopify POS Pro

Nature Niche

Needs to be able to syc product cost. Can't send a purchase order without a cost. Also, would be nice to be able to see inventory by suppliers, not just vendors.

August 4, 2020

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Stocky. We appreciate your feedback. I'm going to be following up with you via email about the feature request you've shared as well as your pain point regarding viewing inventory. Two way syncing of cost prices is something that the Stocky app developers are actively working on. We're so looking forward to seeing it roll out. Regards, Lou

TheArtistsQuarter

The very fact that Stocky doesn't import cost prices renders it useless. I've given two stars as the rest of it looks ok.

August 4, 2020

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Stocky. We appreciate your feedback. I'm going to be following up with you via email about the feature request you've shared. Two way syncing of cost prices is something that the Stocky app developers are actively working on. We're excited to see it roll out. Regards, Lou

KC RIVER MARKET HYDRO

Been trying to use this app for about a year to manage my inventory for two physical stores and my online store. Very difficult to use the Purchase Order feature for my entire business. The app only allows POs for each store independently of each other. I have tried calling for help through Shopify, but hard to find anyone with expertise. I can view all my inventory on one screen, so why can’t the app be able to do a PO for all of the inventory? Doesn’t make sense.

July 20, 2020

My name is Amy and I'm part of the Retail Specialist team here at Shopify. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know your experiences with using the Stocky app.

I'm going to reach out to you directly by email to see how we can help to improve your experience with the Purchase Order feature of the app and how it handles multiple locations.

Amy T. | Retail Support Specialist

Vancouver Vaper Zone

I've uninstalled and re-installed the app figuring it might fix the week long manual sync that doesn't seem to finish.

Now with the new install it's been 6 hours and it still hasn't synced.

When it was working the app was great it just has syncing problems. While viewing suppliers and splitting the screen you can't click on the vendors.

BodyFX

is it me or is this app the slowest app in the world? i spend half my time waiting for it to load. please show me how to speed this app up

January 15, 2020

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Stocky. I would love an opportunity to assist you with this speed/loading issue if you are still experiencing it. I will be reaching out to you via email to see how we can help get this working for you. Thank you - Beckha

Exeter City Club Shop

I have uninstalled it - perhaps I needed to spend more time trying to figure it out, but I found it hard to navigate, hard to get basic reports from, and not suitable for our use.

I suspect it's better for a bigger store than ours, but there wasn't much in it I couldn't get from Shopify already. Also, it wasn't automatically updating the cost price from Shopify so it negated the one key thing we were using it for.

Art Is In Cakes, Bakery & Supply

Unfortunately, I'm now very frustrated with this app. Stocky Failed to Sync and was stuck in syncing mode for over 1 week. I reached out to support who advised me that initial syncs could sometimes stick. I explained that this wasn't my initial sync, I've had almost 500 purchase orders. I was then told to uninstall/delete the app and reinstall it. Sounded like a bad idea to me. I reached out to Support again to confirm, who directed me to the original Shopify team member, who assured me that nothing would be lost. Stocky still didn't sync...and I received no further interaction from Shopify Support. I then ran through the steps again, and finally had a successful sync. But...my 2 years worth of purchase orders, my preferences, my vendor minimums, and my supplier case packs are all gone. I'm starting over. I reached out to support again...now 3 additional emails and have still not received any communication from POS Support. In addition, I found that inventory quanitities (when viewing line items in the drop down menu) are no longer visible. So...let's say you create a purchase order for Fall, but want to check your current inventory counts to see if something didn't fall into the purchase order re-order parameters, but might be right on the cusp of needing a re-order...let's say orange food coloring for Halloween or orange Sweaters for fall, I now have to leave the app to see my inventory counts and then go back to the app to add a line item??? I used to be able to just visually scroll down the list of items from the vendor in the dropdown and see immediately which ones were a little lower than I wanted them to be. The *generate based on "same period as last year" functionality has not worked, and so I've been doing a visual review of my line items from the app to quickly determine if I need to add something that Stocky hasn't.
It has been 11 days since I contacted support. I miss Seb.

On top of all of this, I'm reading reviews and see very clearly a response to someone who deleted the app in order to fix their issues and find this :
"Hi there - I'm very sorry to hear of the poor experience that you have had hear & would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patience and understanding throughout this process. When Stocky is removed from an account, any transient data such as PO's etc. is removed and needs to be re-added manually - I understand that this was your experience and I hear you on that. Your feedback is very valuable to us & I will be reaching out to you via email so that I can fully capture that feedback before sharing it with our developers and to see if there is anything else that we can do that may get Stocky back to being a valuable addition to your business. Thank you & I will be in touch - Beckha"

My Orig Review:
I don't write app reviews until I've had a chance to truly test the product. Seb's Stocky App is top notch. We've been using it for almost a year now, with consistently excellent results. When you re-order merchandise weekly, an inventory control and purchase ordering system is a must. Now instead of filling our shelves with mediocre product, we are able to reorder top sellers. We are able to identify slow moving stock for clearancing. We are able to identify price changes from the manufacturer and immediately adjust retails to achieve an ideal profit margin. There are so many features, and we've really only investigated about one third of what Stocky has to offer. We have had 3 minor hiccups. Support (Seb) immediately researched our issues and found resolutions. 1 of the issues was user error and employee re-training was implemented. 1 of the issues was related to interface issues...which Seb researched AND implemented a change for all to make that interface more obvious! Nicely done. The last issue was actually a Shopify hiccup. So of the 3 issues, ALL were researched by Seb and support, and the one issue directly related to Stocky was corrected due to our feedback. Thank you Seb. We tried a couple of inventory control, purchase ordering apps, but by far, Stocky outshined the others. The monthly price is a bargain compared to the many features of Stocky. Great App.

Kindlecentre

Not recommended. Issues:

1. Can't export to excel. I don't know any supplier that takes orders in PDF. Try negotiating prices for hundreds of items in a PDF purchase order.
2. Can't include images
3. Can't change product name or variant name
4. To import cost you need to send an email to them with your price list. Really?
5. SKUs we use are different than SKU used by supplier, there's no field for that.
6. It grades products with A,B,C but it doesn't say anywhere what's an A, B or C
7. Calculations are incorrect. If num in stock is 2 and quantity needed is 7, then quantity to order is 5 not 7.

Does not fulfill the purpose of helping with purchase orders in any way.

March 19, 2019

Thanks for the review.

1. You can now send to a supplier as a CSV which opens in Excel
2. You can now show an image column on the PO
3. You can do this in Shopify and it syncs to Stocky within a couple of seconds
4. You can now import costs by going to Inventory -> Import -> Cost prices.
5. Stocky uses "supplier codes" and SKUs. Supplier codes are for your supplier and SKUs are your internal reference.
6. Go to Dashboard -> ABC Analysis -> Click on the grade icon to see all products of that grade.
7. There's a setting to include or exclude the current stock level in the calculation.