Bold Store Locator Map

Rating (4.6)
Developer
4.6
December 1, 2021

THE PATENT LAWSUIT TROLLS ARE SCAMMERS You may have seen reviews mentioning that installing this app led threat of a lawsuit. Be aware, it's a scam. In 2011 there was a patent granting GEOTAG the protect the marking of physical locations on a map for goods and services (474 Patent). This patent was overturned in 2016 in Microsoft/Google vs GEOTAG (look it up). Here is a copy-paste from the Federal Court of Appeals - "We have considered GeoTag’s remaining arguments and find them unpersuasive." If you ever get a solicitation regarding a patent infringement regarding the mapping of physical locations on a map, it's likely a scam. We can thank Google and Microsoft's legal teams for doing the groundwork on this.

spermidineLIFE® US
Time spent using app: 13 days
August 30, 2021

Their support is fantastic. Thanks to Nikhil for all the help provided on getting the geocoding in. I just wish it was easier to bulk edit a chain of stores or to completely delete a chain of stores without support help. And the geocoding does not always work, but not sure if that is google map's fault or the app.

Healthy Pet
Time spent using app: Almost 2 years
July 30, 2021

The app works great with the exception that it is impossible to delete stores or tags without the help of a support agent. However, Hamza was super helpful in helping me out with this. I just wish the buttons worked properly on the app so that I could do this myself.

Berd Spokes
Time spent using app: 2 days
June 10, 2021

Overall the APP is good. I do feel the ability to customize the CSS is a bit lacking, and not intuitive. The APP page is outside the Theme, the URL is anyway. So none of the Theme's controls will work on it. We do not have "locations" but we use this APP as a tool for our customers to locate other businesses that DO have a physical location and that are relevant to our products.

Sater Design Collection
Time spent using app: Over 5 years
Shop Circle replied June 15, 2021

Thanks for the review. The team is always working to improve ours apps. Your feedback has been passed along to our developers.

January 22, 2021

App works pretty well. Would be cool if they offered consolidated billing or special plans for multiple stores. Nicholas helped me out to optimize appearance on mobile, he was great! Worked quickly and communicated very well.

Aria Vent
Time spent using app: Over 1 year
Shop Circle replied February 2, 2021

Thank you for your review and your feedback. We are so happy that Nicholas was there to help you. Thank you for choosing Bold!

Edited April 28, 2020

Have had the app for 1 day, reason for the 4. Customer service is 5 stars, Naman is Awesome, thanks

Angie Watts
Time spent using app: 1 day
October 7, 2019

Functionality of this app is good! Everything is simple to set up and the FAQ section is very helpful and very intuitive.

The only thing this app is missing is different layouts, the style looks a little outdated in my opinion. A full width map with a store finder overlay as an option or other customization options would make this app 5/5.

Trek Hardware
Time spent using app: About 1 month
Shop Circle replied October 8, 2019

Hi there! Thank so much for the review and the feedback about the app's style; we'll definitely be sure to pass that along to our developers so they can look into this. Sorry that we weren't able to get things customized in a way that met your store's needs! Hopefully we can get this changed in the future.

September 27, 2019

The bulk upload did not work for me but I was able to get a response and the outcome I wanted with the help of Rony in Customer Service within 24 hrs.

Moodbeli
Time spent using app: About 2 years
Shop Circle replied September 30, 2019

Hi there! We're so sorry to hear that the bulk upload didn't work properly for you, but it's great to see that Rony was able to sort it out for you so you could get those same results.

Please let us know if you need anything else; we'd be more than happy to help again! Your products look amazing, by the way, and I love your recipes page. :-)

Edited December 14, 2018

So far the app does everything that I need it to do for my Shopify website and the customer service is helpful. I was having issues and the team helped me figure out what was wrong with instructions and pictures.

kingston-anchors
Time spent using app: Over 3 years
November 23, 2018

Ron was great at helping me solve my issues with initial installation and helped make the store locator app page match my site even better! Their customer service response was super quick and very effective!

Main and Local