Subscriptions by ReCharge

Subscriptions by ReCharge

by ReCharge

Launch and scale your subscription and recurring business

Buddha Pants®

We have a problem and support will not answer! This is not acceptable. They take two days to answer and charge more for premium support.

REBBL, Inc.

Read this review!

This app is VERY slow and the backend and customer facing UI are both absolutely terrible to work with.

Any changes to subscriptions take forever to process in the backend -- so if you have a subscription business where customers will be subscribed to many items, prepare to waste a lot of time staring at the screen waiting for this app to process it.

The same is true for the customer UI -- it also doesn't provide a way for customers to actually see the total of their upcoming subscriptions so if you have taxes, shipping, discounts applied, etc. they have no visibility into this and it causes a lot of customer service.

They also require you to pay a premium for different levels of customer service, including paying a premium to access the API which is needed for most customization.

Not sure how this app has made it as far as it has. If you have a small hobby business then it's probably a good solution for you but it completely misses the mark on being useful at scale due to it's slow, slow interface and the need to customize the customer interface for it to be usable.

Veeto

Very bad support team.
Mailed them 7 days ago and still didn't get any response.
Do not use this if your store is Live.

United Monograms

I dowloaded the app and instantly my entire site stopped working and I lost a few thousands dollars in sales while is scrambled to figure out the problem. The support team was slow and refused to call me and didn't help at all. Luckily I was able to activate an old theme but it was a huge fiasco for my company. Be VERY careful with this app. If they screw you they wont help you

The Lift Box

Recharge has to be one of the worst apps on Shopify. Don't be fooled by the number of reviews and stores that use them. There are CONSTANT errors with their systems.

Example 1: they have a "beta" test for snapshot reports. This is where you see how many subscribers you have, sales, etc. They can't get that right so the info is always incorrect and they tell you to download a spreadsheet. I shouldn't have to do that to see basic insights.

Example 2: I'm not able to access the recharge app on my iPhone X. Are you kidding me? One of the most popular phones in the world and it's not compatible. This was reported to recharge on Sept 13, 2019. Here was their response (this issue has yet to be resolved nor have I received any further emails about an ETA: "I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I heard back from our development team, and the issue lies in the way the app is opened by Shopify - we've observed that the issue relates with the fact that the app is open in an iFrame, so our development team has been investigating ways of turning the iFrame off. While this is on their backlog, I'm afraid we don't have an ETA for a definitive fix yet."

Example 3, discount codes will randomly not work (yes they've been set up and tested correctly). We have to find out from potential subscribers through IG or email that they aren't working. Good luck getting a timely response from Recharge.

Example 4, you can get expedited customer service...FOR ALMOST $200 EXTRA A MONTH. So you want me to pay more to get in contact with you when your app is a disaster?

Example 5: Your subscribers will be randomly charged (and sometimes not at all without prompting the recharge staff) throughout the day you choose rather than all at once. Why they don't do batch charging like other companies is beyond me.

I have no idea why Shopify doesn't create its own app. We'll be 100% looking for another provider after recharge failing us for the last 3 years. (I'll continue to update this review as the problems continue to stack up).

Scratch Supply Co.

Stay away.

In the past few months we've had labels failing to generate, and customers who prepay for multi-month subscriptions charged in full every month. As you can imagine, we're extremely concerned with the way this makes us look to our customers. (to be clear: it makes it look like we're committing fraud.) We're missing 4/5 of our shipping labels for this month, two days after they should have been generated, which means our box is going out late in December.

In previous months, when we contacted tech support about missing shipping labels, they requested access to our store... then never signed in. The problem persisted. I've been manually creating labels for a handful of customers every month, which is not why I pay for an app.

Tech support is difficult to contact, with long gaps between communications even with immediate response to their emails, and there's no way to contact them EXCEPT email. Their solution to the repeat charging problem was ineffective, meaning that it happened multiple months in a row.

At this point using ReCharge is actively detrimental to our business. Fortunately, there are alternatives. I recommend you explore those.

SumLilThings

Update 1/10: Same issues still persists meaning I have to email them every month before recurring charges go through to get support to fix it. And now that they make you pay more each month to get better support, especially if they are urgent?!
————
Update: I was finally able to get in touch with a helpful support and he (Trevor) was very great about communicating the problems and helping me escalate the issues to resolve them. I wish I can give 5 stars but the app definitely has its problems. Apparently I got a "rare edge case" that can only be resolved when I contact support and it can take a couple day to resolve the issue. I really hope there's a better support system like live chat or call so that urgent issues can be resolved faster.
------------
Terrible app. Nothing works correctly. Keeps getting error every single month when it's time to automatically process charge. Support does not help - they are unfamiliar with their own app as well.

ISMILECLUB

I've asked assistance with changing the displayed text shown on subscriptions at checkout. Recharge have not responded for 5 days. One Recharge employee actually tried to help on day 1 and went ahead and changed the code for products not related to the subscription box service and neglected to tell me he made a mistake, but instead just let me find out on my own. If you are after good customer service, don't use Recharge.

Lily Bird

We started using ReCharge over a year ago, because at the time it seemed to be the best app for subscriptions. Since then, they don't seem to have made any real progress, but have introduced some really bad bugs. In the meantime, other apps like Recurrly seem to have made great strides (A year ago we went with ReCharge over Recurrly).

Pressing issues today include the app not loading for weeks at a time from the Shopify store, so you literally cannot use the app!

Janky scripting issues with notifications and inability to make notification changes in many cases.

Even things as simple as sending their invoices are not simple. Invoice notifications are links to help pages to help you figure out how to find them instead of just including in the invoice email like, well...., every other company.

We will switch at some point here, but for now just highly recommend you check out an alternative. It seems like Recurrly is really on top of it. Until ReCharge is able to hire a product manager, I highly recommend you avoid them.

Bin 604 Wine Club

I have had the worst experience with ReCharge support. After submitting a high business impact request directly to their website and having Shopify (Shopify themselves has been great) submit a request on my behalf, there has been no progress made with my support request. ReCharge requested access to my store, which I provided and they have never logged in. The issue that I am having is preventing my store from being launched and I am ultimately looking into another subscription service. I had high hopes due to all of the positive reviews, but sadly, I cannot move forward with an App with such poor customer service.

Previous 1 3 4