Subscriptions by ReCharge

Subscriptions by ReCharge

by ReCharge

Seamlessly scale your recurring and subscription business.

NEOBRIO™

Possibly the worst customer service I've ever experienced from a Shopify app. Installation broke my theme and no contact back after 4 emails, once per day. I will be glad to change my review if the customer service comes through.

Love Logs Limited

I decided to use ReCharge as I wanted to offer Paypal for my subscription orders. However, after waiting 4 weeks to get a Braintree account approved I gave up on that idea (not ReCharge's fault but relevant as other merchants may use it for the same reason). I then opened a Stripe account and tried to set up ReCharge but it wasn't working. I contacted CS who told me that there is an issue where the Shopify API does not recognize the ReCharge connection, which they were trying to fix and would let me know. I've now heard nothing back for 10 days, although I've sent four emails chasing. I've read other reviews that say you have to pay if you want any decent support, which is crazy. I've given up completely and am going to try Bold Subscriptions instead

Balance Factor

Worst support service I've encountered yet - 2nd day after installing the app and we received several customer complaints that products were showing in stock for individual purchase, but showing "sold out" when trying to sign up for subscription. We researched the apps help center and came across the topic clearly listing this tends to happen frequently. Why is the checkout showing products are out of stock when they are in stock? This is normally a tell-tale sign that your cart is misdirecting to the Shopify checkout. If this occurs, please reach out to the ReCharge support team. We tried to reach out to the support team several times to resolve the issue and have had zero success - a day and a half later someone finally responded, but was so quick to brush it off like the app was working properly and responded with: "However it is very strange - I cannot recreate this!" After sending in several screenshots the contact finally replied with: "I was able to recreate this - thank you! I'm going to escalate this to my Tier 2 team, who will be able to dig into this a bit more." It has been two days and we still have not heard back. Our customers were excited for this feature, but unfortunately we cant get it to work.

Nannocare

It started fine, although showing less customization than we expected, it worked fine for a year. However, once they get more users, instead of having the new rules on new clients, they forced the existing clients to accept the new rules, where they purposely make their customer support to work slower in order to have people sign up for a $99 additional cost for faster customer support. It is totally unethical to do so knowing that it would take a lot more effort and cost for clients who already have subscription customers to switch. They also have made a huge mistake where they made a change for us but mistakenly removed one of the customizations, which resulted in errors in all orders processed during a weekend! We have to take the lost of money for those orders because RECHARGE did not do their job right. We also have no other way to get it fixed except waiting for 48 hours for their response (which they promised would be 24 hours on the website). We had to get into the additional support subscription to try to get it solved faster and even that needs to wait for their approval to get it integrated. No wonder some brands who started with Recharge like we did have switched to better subscription systems. Obviously, Recharge is only for business that only need the simplest subscription feature.

Maddie's American Pet Products

Fairly quick and nice support so that is the highlight of this app. Had a few installation issues they took care of. Honestly I wanted to love this app and for the outrageous price tag I expect perfection. Firstly its a ton of work to get this to integrate with your site especially if you offer discounts codes. None of this syncs with the app and the coupon code options in the app is less then that in Shopify. If you have any apps that create coupon codes (loyalty ect) that will be another headache. This runs on a completely different checkout, not their fault more another instance of Shopify trying to make money from something that should be a basic feature. My store sells taxable products and coffee that would not be taxable or might have other lower rates. It's amazing to me that this is not support in the Recharge checkout. I will have to overcharge my customers on tax to use the app. Like it seems fairly common for stores to have this.

Nooks

I really wanted to use ReCharge. I've been trying to get it set up since last week. Customer support was really bad, and they deleted a very important product from my store (that had all the product reviews tied to it, SEO backlinks and was part of many important bundles). I spent about 3 hours fixing the problems they made. The app also wouldn't recognize my products and after lots of back and forth, i gave up on their support. Gonna give Bold Subscriptions a go. I know lots of people have great experiences with recharge, but this was horrific.

MicroPuzzles

W0RST WORST WORST APP EXPERIENCE. This is the WORST app experience I've had on Shopify. I've been a Shopify customer since May 2012 - Recharge's support is non-existent. We reported errors and 5 days later... crickets. Zero sense of urgency - Initial set-up and support is non-existent. We have a subscription service in full swing and are completely struggling to integrate Recharge - no help from their "support" team. LITERALLY 27 emails (back and forth) and 30 days later we are no farther along to solving these issues.

Black Flag Energy

Just like everyone else with a 1 star it has to do with the LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE...
you have to PAY, yes I said that correctly. You have to PAY for their live chat options or phone services.... insane.

ShopShirt.com

Shopify community

The support team simply ignores... its my first time ever. I'm getting only premade emails.

5 days and still counting since my very simple help request - unbelievable!!

It's a really unprofessional support issue here and I cannot RELY on this company. (What will happen if I will have a real-time serious issues while the Recharge App it's active???)

Not recommended - Stay away and you will have a peace of mind.

ProjectHomeDIY

Awful! Absolutely awful to migrate to! Customer service is 24hrs+ for a simple response and they offer very little help. I was able to schedule a call with one migration specialist to discuss the Excel sheet used to migrate customers, but then after that it's been silent. Come to find out, you have to PAY an additional MINIMUM of $50 for their customer service to even respond to you within 8 hours! Absolutely terrible experience migrating and will be looking into migrating to Bold immediately.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6