Subscriptions by ReCharge

Subscriptions by ReCharge

by ReCharge

Launch and scale your subscription and recurring business

Lily Bird

We started using ReCharge over a year ago, because at the time it seemed to be the best app for subscriptions. Since then, they don't seem to have made any real progress, but have introduced some really bad bugs. In the meantime, other apps like Recurrly seem to have made great strides (A year ago we went with ReCharge over Recurrly).

Pressing issues today include the app not loading for weeks at a time from the Shopify store, so you literally cannot use the app!

Janky scripting issues with notifications and inability to make notification changes in many cases.

Even things as simple as sending their invoices are not simple. Invoice notifications are links to help pages to help you figure out how to find them instead of just including in the invoice email like, well...., every other company.

We will switch at some point here, but for now just highly recommend you check out an alternative. It seems like Recurrly is really on top of it. Until ReCharge is able to hire a product manager, I highly recommend you avoid them.

Bin 604 Wine Club

I have had the worst experience with ReCharge support. After submitting a high business impact request directly to their website and having Shopify (Shopify themselves has been great) submit a request on my behalf, there has been no progress made with my support request. ReCharge requested access to my store, which I provided and they have never logged in. The issue that I am having is preventing my store from being launched and I am ultimately looking into another subscription service. I had high hopes due to all of the positive reviews, but sadly, I cannot move forward with an App with such poor customer service.

HEATONIST

I'd love to give them five stars but I feel really let down. We've worked with them for 2 years and have thousands of subscribers, but when we needed some urgent help this week (urgent within two business days) they totally failed to solve our simple issue. It remains unsolved as of now. The platform works well but their customer service has gone way down hill. Because you can't do everything for yourself on the platform you need to rely on their CS team to push through some operations, and when they fail it hurts our business.

Happy to reconsider if they can turn this around.

Performance Fuel and Nutrition

Pretty terrible customer service.... They don't respond to emails when they do they just send you a link and then don't respond again for another couple of days

4D Mascara

Support is slow and makes it impossible to hit any real world deadlines. 8 hours for every reply from them and each of their responses starts with "Apologies for the delay" but in reality they cripple a business for 2 full business days

Coffee Hero

Worst customer service support and such a confusing app to use. Looking for another solution. I cannot see my rulesets and customer service takes two days to get back and every message you send back to them will need two days to respond. Absolute joke of an app. I lost so many customers as the recharge app was telling my customers i had no stock.

Kill Cliff

With the pricing they charge, I'm not sure what they spend their development time on...

From Migration:
You send them a file with fields mapped, but you are responsible for everything. What I mean by this is they do not report any errors or potential errors back, its on you to export what they imported in and check it against what you sent them.
The other issue is that we migrated from another platform that allowed customers to have more than 1 card vaulted. ReCharge would only allow us to use a customer ID and pulled the "Default" card on the customer record. We had to go through 3000+ customer records manually to make sure the card on file for their subscription was set to their "Default" card. A better solution would have been for ReCharge to allow the unique token id that referenced the customer and the exact card they were using.
Another issue we had was with the frequency, but some of that I'll take the blame for. We switched from offering every Month or every other Month as shipping frequency options. We setup 30 Days or 60 Days. Instead of being able to map those during import, ReCharge imported as is. While this did not affect orders from processing correctly, it did cause an issue when customers try to edit that frequency. Since they didn't write their code to handle both frequency (30, 60, 90 etc) and interval (days, months, etc) my customers are presented with the option of 30 or 60 MONTHS, yes MONTHS when they try to change their frequency. I've since been able to fix by exporting all our subscriptions, editing the frequency and interval manually and having them re-import.

ISSUES WITH DISCOUNTS:
For whatever reason ReCharge has discounts, but they didn't set it up to handle the basic logic that Shopify does. So you can't setup discounts like:
1) Fixed $ amount or % off an order
2) discounts off specific products/variants
3) BUY X GET Y

It only lets you set % and $ off ALL PRODUCTS in your cart, as specific product (yes, a SINGLE product...apparently they forgot what multiselect is), or a specific collection. While some people might not mind creating a collection for every single discount they setup in ReCharge, a collection still does not get you the option to exclude/include specific variants.

ISSUES WITH TAXES:
While ReCharge does seem to read products to see if they are taxable, they didn't think it important enough to read the customer record to see if they are tax exempt or not. So we currently have hundreds of customers screaming at us that we are charging them sales tax even though they are tax exempt. ReCharge's suggestion: "A lot of our customers just give the customer a discount." Yes, because I'm sure the IRS will take the excuse: "Oh yes, I know our accounting software is showing we collected all that money in taxes, but it really wasn't taxes, we gave a discount. You see?" What could possibly go wrong?

Tavetanutrition.com

This is great app but the charge is too much $59 a month is too much.I dont think i would want to spend that. Bold works better for me

Cali Tiger

Clearly a high churn of staff at this company. After previously receiving amazing support. We are stuck trying to organise what was done 6 months ago with ease through great support staff. Now we are facing days of back and forth emailing trying to get the job done. Waiting for someone at the company to care about the work they put out and get the job finished.

The Keto Co

Integration is manual by them and it takes ages with no answer. don't be fooled by nice graphics they show to you. it is waste of time and effort

Previous 1 3