Recharge Subscriptions

Recharge Subscriptions

Free plan available. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (4.7)
Developer
4.7
Edited March 25, 2022

The application itself is very good when it comes to subscription type purchases. The only thing which's actually a negative is that when an "export" of cancelled subscription is made, it's given in "in full" As in there's no option to select the date for which you want the export to be given. Thanks.

SIMFORT ONLINE STORE
Time spent using app: Over 2 years
February 25, 2022

The data structure is a bit weird but it works as promised! Also great CX team thanks for all the help!

Your Superfoods EU
Germany
Time spent using app: About 5 years
February 23, 2022

So far the set up has been relatively easy. I would appreciate more visual instructions for setting things up. Breanna was super helpful and kind in answering my questions.

Vinyl Wine
Time spent using app: 9 months
February 16, 2022

Overall the app works, the updated interface is a lot more user friendly, but I wish some things were easier, especially from the customer pov.

funk & Michael Brothers online shop
February 15, 2022

This app works fairly well for what it's meant for however, there are a few things I do not like about it. I'll start with what I like about it first. Pros: The Recharge customer service team is very responsive and super helpful. I was using a different subscription app previously and was in search for a better one. This one is better than what I was using but I feel that it could still offer more. Customers who are subscribed are able to add other products to a future subscription order as a one-time purchase, so that the added product is only added to one order and not all future orders. This is something the previous app I was using did not offer. Cons: There is no pickup option so that local customers can subscribe to my products and pick up their order, so I had to build a work-around. If you use the Recharge check-out there is an option to add notes to customers subscriptions that will show on future orders however, if you use the Shopify check-out this option does not exist. I find this extremely inconvenient if you need to leave a note on the customer's next order, or on all future orders - you can't. I use to use a different subscription app and decided to switch to Recharge. The migration went fairly smooth however, I kept finding several orders that randomly had free shipping and no one seemed to know how or why. I believe this issue has finally been resolved and must have had something to do with the migration I hope. When I have a store wide sale, I use an app that changes/discounts the prices of all of my products. If someone were to subscribe during a sale, all of their future orders will reflect the sale discount, as well as my subscription discount that I offer. So my team has to go through new subscriptions after every sale and adjust the prices. I believe this could be resolved by using a discount code for my sales rather than changing all of my prices however, I apply different discounts to different products so a discount code with one discount to apply to all orders doesn't really work well for me. If a product goes out of stock on my Shopify store, Recharge doesn't know and customers can still add the items as one-time purchases to future subscription orders. So you have to have a collection of products that are specifically the only products that can be added as one-time purchases, and when one goes out of stock you need to remove it from the collection. I will continue to use this app as I don't think there is a better option right now

Rampage Coffee Co.
February 15, 2022

The app is a little bit confusing with its features - it's not as straightforward. However, the customer support is amazing and quick and resolved my query quickly 5 out of 5.

cuddlies.co
Time spent using app: Over 2 years
February 10, 2022

We've run into some bumps with customer payment and billing issues and while the issues were frustrating, we really appreciate how quick and responsive the Recharge support was. Nigel was very helpful!

Ned
Time spent using app: About 4 years
Edited July 6, 2022

I like it better than Bold. It's still not as user friendly and intuitive as I would like, but it is better than Bold subscriptions and integrates with other apps I use like Klaviyo and Gorgias. Customer service has been very helpful whenever I have needed it.

Java Planet Coffee
December 18, 2021

This app is relatively easy to setup and manage, and works quite well. However, there are couple things that would need to be addressed: 1) the Recharge app creates a duplicate of the original product, which leads to unnecessary the clutter in the Products list, and 2) once you add the product to Recharge's product or ruleset list, the name (title) of product will not be updated there, if you change it - you'll have to remove then re-add same product for updated name to show up on Recharge mode, which is cumbersome. It would be nice to have name updatable along with other parameters, or have an ability to edit it within Recharge's own product or ruleset lists.

Mama Bar
Time spent using app: Over 1 year
November 29, 2021

Recharge customer service has been consistently good! Only reason for 4 stars instead of 5 is that ReCharge doesn't have access to the Bulk Discount logic that we wrote as a Shopify Script. We setup a rule, "Buy 3 - 4 items, save 10%, buy 5+ items, save 15%." The initial order is priced correctly, but subsequent subscription orders do not have the bulk discount, so we have to manually correct these. It's a bit of a pain. I believe this is caused by a limitation imposed on ReCharge by Shopify not giving API access to Shopify Scripts. (?) ReCharge recommended that we use their new Checkout / Cart, but that currently only supports Shopify Payments, and we're on Braintree. So we're basically at a Catch-22. But in general, ReCharge does an excellent job for us and our customers.

Jigsaw Health