Recharge Subscriptions

We turn transactions into relationships

Free plan available. Additional charges may apply.

• Up-to-date tech: works with the latest themes

Piper Lou Collection

Time spent using app Over 2 years

Our experience with RechargePro has been 10/10 thanks to Kat Newman who was the growth account manager assigned to help us with getting our themed subscription box initiative off of the ground. In our initial meeting, we outlined goals with a very tight turn around time and she worked with us day in and day out to make sure our goals were achieved in the time we allotted for. She is extremely knowledgeable about the platform and has an excellent customer facing attitude and drive to partner with Recharge platform customers! Two points of recommendation: Outside of Kat we find it to be very difficult to get timely help with a portal that is not extremely user friendly. We also find the Recharge analytics to be difficult to pull the data we are looking for (ie. total number of variants rather than "top 15" variants). Looking forward to seeing this continue to transition forward.

Jigsaw Health

Time spent using app About 2 years

Recharge customer service has been consistently good! Only reason for 4 stars instead of 5 is that ReCharge doesn't have access to the Bulk Discount logic that we wrote as a Shopify Script. We setup a rule, "Buy 3 - 4 items, save 10%, buy 5+ items, save 15%." The initial order is priced correctly, but subsequent subscription orders do not have the bulk discount, so we have to manually correct these. It's a bit of a pain. I believe this is caused by a limitation imposed on ReCharge by Shopify not giving API access to Shopify Scripts. (?) ReCharge recommended that we use their new Checkout / Cart, but that currently only supports Shopify Payments, and we're on Braintree. So we're basically at a Catch-22. But in general, ReCharge does an excellent job for us and our customers.

Gist Yarn

Time spent using app Over 1 year

EDIT: After posting this review, CS contacted me within a few hours and quickly resolved my issue. I have updated it to 4 stars, and will come back and update again after we are up and running. -- I've never left a bad review for an app before, and I understand that many app developers are also small businesses experiencing growing pains. But I've been trying to get this installed for over a week and multiple customer service tickets are ignored. I'm trying to make what should be quite a simple adjustment - offering a subscription box instead of Subscribe and Save, so thus not having a drop down menu. The app is glitching, and there is no support available. This is delaying the launch of a subscription product we have planned for a long time.

Mama Bar

Time spent using app Over 1 year

This app is relatively easy to setup and manage, and works quite well. However, there are couple things that would need to be addressed: 1) the Recharge app creates a duplicate of the original product, which leads to unnecessary the clutter in the Products list, and 2) once you add the product to Recharge's product or ruleset list, the name (title) of product will not be updated there, if you change it - you'll have to remove then re-add same product for updated name to show up on Recharge mode, which is cumbersome. It would be nice to have name updatable along with other parameters, or have an ability to edit it within Recharge's own product or ruleset lists.

Tuf Cookie

Location Belgium

First of all, I would like to point out that the customer service is awesome. Every person I interacted with so far, has been very helpful and followed up until the issue was solved.
Secondly the app is great. It does almost everything I need it to. There are just a few little things that are missing like changing the currency on the same domain just like it is possible on Shopify or it would be amazing if I could use additional payment methods like European debit cards on the checkout. Also another feature that would be amazing is to have attach products to boxes in the back office in order to easily integrate it with my fulfillment center.

Bare Biology

Time spent using app Over 3 years

We've recently been assigned an account manager, Gordon, and he's been super helpful and ironed out some of the real issues we had with the customer portal. We didn't have as much when going through the other customer support channels, so having Gordon available by email has made such a difference. We think all the changes will greatly improve customer experience, and excited to see some of the updates that are coming through - bundles/sms ect. Still would love the stat side of things to be improved - Exports for information is like finding a needle in haystack sometimes.

UNI KEY Health

Time spent using app About 3 years

The app is great for relatively simple subscription models. More a fault of Shopify than this app's developers, but things can get very convoluted very quickly due to multiple duplicate products being created. Their support is great, however, so any hiccups we've had were taken care of through support. I could only give 4 stars though, because with the number of times we've had to contact support, it feels like charging $300/mo for enhanced support is somewhat extortionate. They are overall pretty timely (usually 1-2 business days), however.

Our Gorongosa

Time spent using app Almost 2 years

I use this app for subscription services. Although I find it hard to navigate sometimes, the support I received from their team always made me feel like if I got lost or messed something us, they would be right there to help me set it right! I am so very grateful for Alex G from the support team for giving me the help and instruction to make me feel confident navigating the app on my own. She has made me feel like I am capable of navigating this aspect of our business and for that I am beyond happy with their support services.

The Wiltshire Coffee Company

Added this because I needed subscription services in Shopify. Seems quite powerful and comprehensive. For a startup it was good that I did not have to commit to a monthly fee and instead will pay a percentage of subscription sales. Had to add some code manually to enable customers to manage existing subscriptions, but the instructions were easy to follow. Also had a problem relating to adding one-time purchases to subscriptions. The Recharge support team resolved it same day. Overall I'm satisfied.

Vapour Beauty

Time spent using app Almost 4 years

Overall, this app functions well and serves the purpose of providing subscription options for our products. Tech support is always helpful and responds quickly. It would be nice if products updated automatically instead of having to manually sync. Some customers have had trouble logging in and editing their subscriptions, especially on mobile devices. ReCharge suggested we change themes recently, so we did and we're hoping this cuts down on customer frustration.