Recharge Subscriptions

We turn transactions into relationships

Free plan available. Additional charges may apply.

• Up-to-date tech: works with the latest themes

Boutique Heidi Handkerchiefs

Location Australia

I wish i could give 5 stars, but it is still not set up after many many emails. I am so disappointed in this app. it has cost me a lot of sale, I cant even launch it because of all the issues. which I am sure could be resolved if I was responded to quickly and with detailed information

Dr. Carlo Blanco

I do not recommend this app because of the poor service. I have been trying for two weeks to solve the problem of wanting to use the app and I got tired of waiting. Very bad support service. They just don't care about their customers.

MrLaundry

Location Chile

I didn't even get to try it ... when I go to "open application" the page goes blank ... I tried to find a link for support or help and I didn't find it either ... curious experience

Clear Comfort Night Guards

Time spent using app About 19 hours

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't get fooled by their positive reviews. This app is an evil. Their customer service is awful. A pure waste of time and money. Read NEGATIVE REVIEWS first.

Jackie's Chocolate

Time spent using app About 3 years

Endless problems the past 4 years. Zero customer support. Default response to any issue is "user error". We've lost tens of thousands of dollars due to issues with this software.

Unico Zelo

Location Australia

Terrible customer service and support. Zero support for launch. Advised a 30min migration - it took 72 hours. Use another subcription app.

Heat

The individuals I've interacted with at Recharge so far have been nice, but I've had a frustrating overall experience so far and I can't recommend the service. I had a deadline to meet to update my subscription service page, and I reached out to Recharge to see if I could migrate there. It seemed like we were going to be able to achieve this, and so I signed a contract for an enterprise plan. It was basically the same cost as a (non contract) pro plan, but included premium support. I thought this might mean I could avoid hiring a developer to do a basic subscription page. I had some hesitation because the contract was basically no upside (if my volume went above what was predicted, I'd still have to pay more) and all downside (if my volume went down significantly we'd still be charged as if our volume was as predicted), but I was in a rush and wanted to do anything I could to help move along the process. In retrospect, this was a poor decision, but on a personal note, my father had passed away about a week earlier and I may not have been thinking as clearly as I should have been when signing a long term contract. When it came time to make the subscription page, it turned out that doing something as basic as offering renewing subscriptions and pre-paid subscriptions on one page would require getting an outside developer involved, and the gifting options were much more limited than I had previously understood (I was honestly surprised at the lack of options for gifting beyond one limited integration). With very little time left before the holidays, I found a different option that I was able to set up myself with minimal customization needed. I assumed that I would be able to cancel the recharge contract since I wasn't able to get up and running in time, which was the whole point in the first place, but their legal dept is unwilling to make any modifications beyond delaying it a month. I don't blame any individuals involved, it's just that it's a big inflexible company and this sort of thing comes with the territory, so I'd recommend finding a different company.

Elie’s Bowtiful Bows

IF YOU CAN AFFORD PAYING FOR ANOTHER APP, PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF AND YOUR CLIENTS MONEY AND DO NOT USE RECHARGE My previous review said that the customer service was great... They upgraded me to the advanced support because of a big problem that their software caused. BUT I think it's even worse than before.... Support takes days to reply. They assure me that problems are resolved and the same things are still happening. All my new subscribers get Recharged in double for their first subscription. It's frustrating to try an explain to NEW customers what is happening and then I have to refund them which I lose money doing because of transaction fees.... I've been growing with a rate of about twenty new subscribers per month.... So you can imagine the issues I'm dealing with.... Support is almost unexistant at this point Even though I was upgraded to the advantage level support for the issue below... BEWARE there is an issue when applying store wide discounts to your website for sales and such, even if you choose NOT to apply discounts on the Subscriptions when creating in shopify, the system does not take that into account and provides the discounts anyways. You have to manually code the discount into the recharge app, which might I add is not a simple task if you don't have the knowledge to do that. This issue cost me 250$. But they were quick to offer free advantage plan support for three months. Please read carefully when choosing this platform to make sure you don't have a similar issue. Back end could use some work. They should revise how they display upcoming subscriptions, and they don't really take into account if you have more than one type of sub, because they just bundle everything together in the back end.... could be confusing some times. Customer tagging based on subscription type should be editable, because it would solve multiple issues.... Including a list of customers for specific subs, make it easier to count how many I need to prepare, and also make syncing with Mailchimp a breeze as all my lists are managed manually now...

CRYSTALS.COM

Time spent using app Over 1 year

HORRIBLE SUPPORT!! Non exsistent support, they could care less here. I am not the only one from these reviews. Customers cannot even manage their own subscriptions! I am not very satisfied with this app. We used to use Bold subscriptions and have migrated over to recharge about 6 months ago and have had nothing but problems, so many issues with our customers changing addresses on the backend and then it doesn't change for us when we ship, also I have had a number of subs charged without shipping costs, the list goes on and on for errors.
To get any help from Recharge is very difficult, they have no live chat and it just goes to an email ticket, every response I have ever got from them has never helped solve our problems. Our subscription revenue has decreased a lot since using recharge, This has cost a lot of loss here
Do not use this app **ONE YEAR LATER AND STILL ISSUES, MORE THAN BEFORE. CUSTOMERS ALWAYS UPDATING ADDRESSES NEVER WORKS, THINGS GET SENT TO THE WRONG PLACE, ITS GLITCH AFTER GLITCH ON THIS APP. THEIR LIVE CHAT OFFERS NO HELP ONLY "CONTEXT FOR SUPPORT" TAKES DAYS TO HEAR BACK FROM ANYONE. BY THAT TIME ITS FAR TOO LATE. I REGRET EVER MIGRATING OVER TO THIS SERVICE. IT IS INCREDIBLY UNRELIABLE

whish beauty

Time spent using app About 4 years

Hi - I have never written a bad review in my life. If I don't have anything nice to say, I don't say anything I just spend my money elsewhere. This APP is SOOOOO problematic. Customers cannot tune their deliveries themselves just for starters. But the reason I am writing this review is because THIS APP is making my buy box disappear on multiple product listings. We have asked for help mulitple times. Here is their answer: XYZ here with Recharge, thanks for reaching out. Adding a Quick View to your store theme requires custom code for your Shopify storefront and is not supported by ReCharge as per our design policy. It depends on your Shopify store theme, how it's coded with JavaScript, and what Quick View apps you use on your storefront. If you require further assistance, visit the ReCharge Partner Directory for a list of development agencies that can help build out a custom solution. This is their solution to their App whose purpose is to assure you get more orders, all the while it is deleting your add to cart button. STAY AWAY. ONCE YOU USE IT, YOU WILL HAVE CUSTOMERS RELYING ON THEIR AUTOSHIP WHICH MAKES IT HARD TO DELETE. I would give negative stars if I could.