Recharge Subscriptions

Recharge Subscriptions

by Recharge

We turn transactions into relationships

ExpressMed

Support is very hit or miss. Was very responsive when trying to bring us on and get us installed, then just completely stopped responding once they started getting money from us. App is not user friendly if you have a lot of items in your store (1000+). A lot of the stuff you need to do in bulk you can only do at a max 100 products at a time (i.e, updating product subscription settings).

Kenmore Coffee Company

I never write reviews but I feel like I have to, in this case, as a warning to potential users. I wanted ReCharge to work. I've used others in this space and found them lacking. With the number of features ReCharge claims to have it felt like a no-brainer. Instead, to date, I've run into the following issues, causing us to lose revenue and customers: - ReCharge doesn't understand sales tax and sometimes doesn't collect it properly, leading to lost revenue, or over-charging customers. They don't have a solution besides radio silence in their emails.
- ReCharge doesn't understand the easily-attainable-from-Shopify shipping rates and will sometimes not collect shipping charges, leading to lost revenue. They don't have a solution besides to just don't collecting shipping charges or charge based on weight, not price. (No one told them that's a terrible recommendation, obviously.)
- ReCharge's integration doesn't work with OS 2.0 themes, full stop, regardless of what they tell you. (It's not like it hasn't been in the works for a while.)
- ReCharge made a change to their shipping component, causing my customers recurring orders to silently error out and not fulfill. This caused at least one of my customers to cancel, resulting in lost revenue. (I received no indication there was a problem, and ReCharge sent my customer a notification email that their order was shipping soon.) If you're not noticing a trend, here, it's this: with the hundreds of millions of dollars they've received in funding, their tool appears to be built like they had zero funding and had to create it in a weekend. I wish I could leave them because I don't trust them with my business or my customers, however, the competition is outright worse. I don't know where all of these 5-star reviews are coming from. They appear fake. I haven't had a single month in the last half-year where there I didn't run into an issue with ReCharge, and after speaking with colleagues in the e-commerce space, they all had similar views and opinions. Even after all that, I still managed to give them two stars. Like I said, their feature set is great when it works, but that's where it ends. Their support team is subpar and has no interest in seeing a problem through to a solution. Their documentation is scattered and inaccurate. You'll be fine if you don't do anything remotely complicated or ever need help. I wish I could go back in time and never sign up with them. I have customers I can't migrate away from their platform, at all, so I'll always be stuck to them unless I want to lose even more revenue. Maybe it's worth it.

Coherium

I wished this worked but because of glitches it has caused my business great losses. Glitchy glitchy glitchy.

Nutrition Balance

too pricey. not user friendly. and can’t be managed from shopify mobile app, nor mobile browser. what kind of app doesn’t work on mobile in 2021? it’s ridiculous

Adaptogen Superfoods

We use Recharge for our e-commerce website. It is pretty smooth, and customers usually figure out how to make changes to their membership on their own. It is very good for subscriptions on your store. This app has a MAJOR sticking point in that it has NO MOBILE SUPPORT. So it is useless if you are trying to manage your store on the go. In these times it is unheard of to have an app that doesn’t work on a tablet, much less a smart phone. I would be happy to raise my star rating if they support mobile devices. Clay helped me with an issue I had because some code was keeping my add to cart button from showing. He was really pleasant, fast and fixed my problem. I would give him 5 stars if I could rate twice.