Overall rating Based on 1518 reviews
We've been using ReCharge for the last year and a half and it does what it needs to do. Beyond that, it really falls short in a number of ways.
External Checkout: All of your customers will be redirected to an outside checkout portal so capturing abandoned carts is impossible unless you want to pay for one of their "partner apps". We've been paying upwards of $200/month for ReCharge due to how much volume we do with them so to pay another $500+/month for an abandoned cart app (not kidding, look at the pricing for Carthook) is less than ideal.
Address Change: If a customer changes their address by logging into their account in Shopify it DOES NOT change within Re-Charge. When you are dealing with as many memberships as we do, this became a MASSIVE issue. The time and effort it takes to double-check any address changes before shipping lead to many of our subscription products going to the wrong address and cost us a significant amount of money/lost customers.
Like I stated earlier, it does basic subscriptions but there are some serious flaws with this app.
It does most things right and is easy to manage, but there seem to be a lot of bugs. For example, right now we cannot fulfill any of our ReCharge generated orders. They're just piling up. Tough to manage. Looking for other options now.
We attempted to use this app - and had problems with the installation process. Apparently the format we use with Shopify is such that a manual installation on their end was necessary. Which would have been great had we gotten a message to that effect. Instead we spent hours trying to troubleshoot the problem and figuring out if it had to do with having to set up another stripe payment system to work with Shopify - and not getting an answer to our questions (because they only work via e-mail). When they did get around to installing their app, they messed up the installation, so that when a potential customer was on our site, if they selected the subscription selection it made the pricing and the info for a one-time purchase disappear -you could no longer see anything on the site, and when you clicked the little button that had no information next to it - the one-time purchase information would reappear, but the icon and the information for the subscription selection would disappear. It's been just - kind of a bummer and a sinkhole of time has been spent on this app.
OP2 Labs- ProT GOLD Liquid Protein
When you read the description you have one perspective, when you install its not the same. A few things they do not tell you. This may be a good solution if you have a custom developer but not out of the box integrated as they make it seem.
1) You can only use one subscription schedule, such as daily, weekly or monthly. I use Weekly and Monthly with Bold.
2) This solution requires that you DUPLICATE all your products thereby creating a dedicated item for your subscription - Bold does not!
3) Support is OK at best. They only provide support over email. I was migrating from an existing solution and as such, they claim to offer migration support. I filled out a form, was never contacted and had to inquire a few times about this before someone responded. When I finally got someone from migration, they sent instructions. They never provided any guidance or recommendations considering I came from another solution.
4) Also, this is NOT as integrated as claimed. It is basically a bolt on a standalone solution. Landing pages, etc are added on to the site versus the integrated solution you get BOLD.
5) Also they are very limited in the payment processors they support, only two options. Stripe is terrible and we use paypal but in order to use them, you have to have Braintree which has much higher interest rates than paypal even though they are a PayPal company. It benefits a company to ensure ALL your payment processing is done through one company.
It surprises after reading this solution how my perspective was this was going to be an awesome solution. Not the case!
When the app works it is great. We liked it so much that we implemented it into our second Shopify store. But it is have become very unstable and unreliable. We are no longer to take new subscription orders over the phone because we either 1) have no access to our ReCharge account or 2) the ReCharge customer list from the wrong store appears. The only work-around we have is to close all browsers and restart our computers. If you have a lot of customer orders this App will not work for you.
Customers are unable to edit or cancel their subscriptions from their accounts on any browswer or mobile device. We have to manually do this for them.
Support is very friendly & responsive but they give us the same excuses as to why their product doesn't work and do not follow through on promises to fix these major issues.
This app has SO MANY bugs!! Customer support will help you but its terrible how little you can do yourself without asking for their help.
They should have a phone support line you can call for emergency situations.
Shop Bodylogicmd Com
The app broke the add to cart button on my website and their support team can't seem to figure out a fix.
Good app, but I can't figure how to add a product except one at a time. I have requested help 2x and no response.