Subscriptions by ReCharge

Subscriptions by ReCharge

by ReCharge

Launch and scale your subscription and recurring business

Northstar Bison

We just launched our site upgrade almost 4 months ago and still learning the ropes for this app. I would like another round of training as we have encountered numerous scenarios that have caused issues for our customers.

I like the user friendliness of it and intend to stay with it but just need better communication or filters to prevent certain scenarios from happening and causing error messages.

Bookcase.Club

I use this app to help schedule and bill thousands of Shopify recurring subscriptions. There is a lot of functionality in revising and refunding subscriptions and managing ship/bill dates. I wish the layout of the app was more user friendly, such as having Reports or Discounts be part of the main menu where Customers is. Sorting functionality is lacking (for example cannot sort or filter customers, can only search and find one by one). Would like Reports to download and open in session rather than be emailed to me - and it would help if most columns on Order reports is in the same order sequence). Discounts functionality is also lacking (cannot create ship discount that also has product percentage discount; can only have an all-or-nothing ship discount OR a product discount). App support team is pretty quick though. Migration from other platforms is relatively easy, though there is a lot of information needed for the migration template that is difficult to come by if you don't have the right apps/reports to find the information you need (such as product variant number).

Herb & Root | Luxurious Perfume Oils, Bath Oils, and Massage Oils

I've been using this app for a while. It's pretty easy to use. Only issue is support is slow (email and usually takes a while to get a response). Also, when they don't answer your question the first time, the back-and-forth can make a simple issue turn into a weeklong ordeal.

Soapnut Republic

It works & easy to use. But SLOW support. In 6 months, it broke 3 times. Takes weeks+ to solve any issue.

DollarLitterClub

Customer service was super helpful. Great team of support. Thanks for your support and help in getting setup!

VISTO.BIO

Recharge is very good and the customer support is perfect, but after the onboarding process they stopped answering my emails. I need urgent the API Token to customize my workflows and I need to fix the bug of the Instagram browser (is hiding the subscribe button). It's been more than 15 days without any answer.

Kaimana Jerky

As soon as we set this up, we had customers sign up for subscriptions. HOWEVER, this app does not play nicely with others. We added a slider checkout and days later realized no one could buy a subscription box because Recharge needs to redirect to their own checkout page, not the Shopify checkout. OK, we fixed that problem. Then weeks later, we made a tweak within the Recharge app that changed checkout so that the first option was one time purchase not subscribe and save. Now, NO items could be added to cart. Trying to figure out what went wrong now and just had to vent about how irritating this app is.

Alpha Coffee

We thought based on the reviews that this would be the ticket as we had used another subscription app previously and did not like it. The functionality is good but customers seem to have difficulties logging into their accounts and changing their recurring orders so we end up having to do a ton of CS work on their behalf. Frustrating to only have email as a way to correspond with Recharge CS - would even be willing to pay to talk to someone to get issues resolved rapidly. Instead it usually turns into a dozen emails back and forth trying to explain problems and getting the wrong responses. Am considering a new app again. Frustrating because this one had promise.

ponzmo

Your email support is excellent and extremely helpful but its email and it takes time. It's beyond me that you don't have phone support.

Iconic Protein

Recharge is a decent app. I would actually give 3.5 stars, but that's not an option.

Pros:
- relatively user friendly
- offers most of the functionality you would expect in a subscription: cancel, swap items, change recurring order interval, etc.
- great customer support that is very quick to respond (do wish they had a phone # to call)

Cons:
- doesn't offer customers ability to pause
- checkout flow does not like to work with other apps
- does not have a dynamic cart/checkout, so if you change your price recharge doesn't update automatically (you have to go resync your pending subscriptions or ask recharge to do for you)
- does not work with dynamic pricing (i.e. if you have tiered pricing or bulk discounts)
- glitchy at times; doesn't always show product images; some pages won't show all the different options unless you click out and click back in, making it very difficult to find what should be easy solutions

Previous 1