Recharge Subscriptions

We turn transactions into relationships

Free plan available. Additional charges may apply.

• Up-to-date tech: works with the latest themes

The Bitter Housewife

Recharge seems to be the standard subscription app for Shopify. It does its job, but from the customer's point of view, it's not intuitive. We receive a lot of customer support requests asking for help changing ship date, flavor, etc. However, they are continually updating and it is improving. The customer support has been very good, but it does not always integrate as seamlessly as I would expect.

Tenderlyrooted

I signed up for this product when we had just a small handful of subscription customers. Now, 95% of our sales are subscriptions (thousands of subscriptions per year). As it is, my monthly bill from ReCharge is higher than Shopify, Shipstation, Quickbooks, Mailchimp, and all other Shopify apps **COMBINED**. This is, by far, the biggest money pit in our business operations. While the analytics have improved slightly since we first signed up, I am still having to manually assemble data to even understand what the app is doing. Combine that with it crashing this week... Ugh. I understand that ReCharge as a company is primarily focused on large enterprise accounts and that this Shopify app is a fairly new entry for them. However, there are significantly better choices on the Shopify App Store for subscriptions at a FRACTION of the cost. (ReCharge collects a flat fee PLUS a percentage of all dollars that flow through their system, including shipping! It gets expensive fast!) However, the actual people who work there are a delight. The support team is great and responsive and are always interested in keeping things up and running -- kudos to them! They're the real heroes here: they get all the stars in this review.

Vena CBD

I wish I could get fixes to dev issues. I still have to request from CS to get orders manually processed, I used to have permission but it changed somehow and now I don't. I asked to get permission and was not able to because it is under an email my team doesn't have access to. ReCharge could not edit permission for me.

Parlor Coffee

The support was very helpful. The support team's response quickly provided responses and solutions to my question.

Harringtons Pet Food

Some of the history information is misleading for agents to follow. One of our agents is unable to retry charges or refund customers and an investigation is ongoing with developers

Mala the Brand

There were a lot of underlying issues that were not clarify up-front. We had to contact support back and forth for help (some even took 3-4 days to respond which affected our store performance).

Jumpy Monkey® Coffee

They switched me over to a paid account without me asking for it. Now they no longer have a free account. 1% + .10 so now my credit card charge rate is extra high once you add this onto what credit cards/paypal is charging. Thank you for working with me and removing charges that were not mine.

Lucky Saint

Account login functionality for the consumer (front end) can be faulty. The analytics are good, but could be enhanced.

Big Hair + Beauty

It seems like a great app and we would have loved to stick with it, but it appears that unless you pay the extra $99 for the enhanced support option they'll only provide limited responses which are often delayed. Our questions have been simple - around setting up separate shipping options for subscription members only (which you can't do directly within the app). However, our ReCharge dashboard doesn't match the guides they provide so I think that we're experiencing a bug/compatibility issue as we have options missing (they previously fixed something similar that wasn't showing up and we were initially impressed by the support). Sadly 3 emails later and no response, I think we've exceeded our free help (we can do minor coding and tweaks ourselves so we're not expecting them to do anything for us). We're hesitant to pay for support for something that doesn't appear to be compatible with our theme, and we don't want to crash our site, so sadly we're going to install what is in all honesty not as good an app but with better and faster support.

Mr. Moxey's

After a lot of back and forth, we finally have the app running and it seems to be working pretty well. My biggest complaint is support is EXTREMELY slow to respond at times, which can be frustrating in ecommerce. All my questions and issues were handled and handled correctly, just wish there was a little more ease of access to support, vie chat or anything.

Previous 1