Recharge Subscriptions

Recharge Subscriptions

Free plan available. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (4.6)
Developer
4.6
August 2, 2022

We're not in love with the ReCharge app. It's a bit non-intuitive and wonky for customers to easily make changes. Seems most can not figure out how to log in to their accounts. I WILL say that we've recently had an issue that we have been dealing with ReCharge Customer Support, and they have been fabulous. Specifically Zachary and Hector. Prompt, efficient, and effective has been their troubleshooting. They're exemplary.

gfJules
Time spent using app: About 5 years
March 23, 2022

Recharge seems to be the standard subscription app for Shopify. It does its job, but from the customer's point of view, it's not intuitive. We receive a lot of customer support requests asking for help changing ship date, flavor, etc. However, they are continually updating and it is improving. The customer support has been very good, but it does not always integrate as seamlessly as I would expect.

The Bitter Housewife
January 10, 2022

I signed up for this product when we had just a small handful of subscription customers. Now, 95% of our sales are subscriptions (thousands of subscriptions per year). As it is, my monthly bill from ReCharge is higher than Shopify, Shipstation, Quickbooks, Mailchimp, and all other Shopify apps **COMBINED**. This is, by far, the biggest money pit in our business operations. While the analytics have improved slightly since we first signed up, I am still having to manually assemble data to even understand what the app is doing. Combine that with it crashing this week... Ugh. I understand that ReCharge as a company is primarily focused on large enterprise accounts and that this Shopify app is a fairly new entry for them. However, there are significantly better choices on the Shopify App Store for subscriptions at a FRACTION of the cost. (ReCharge collects a flat fee PLUS a percentage of all dollars that flow through their system, including shipping! It gets expensive fast!) However, the actual people who work there are a delight. The support team is great and responsive and are always interested in keeping things up and running -- kudos to them! They're the real heroes here: they get all the stars in this review.

Tenderlyrooted
Time spent using app: About 1 year
January 7, 2022

I wish I could get fixes to dev issues. I still have to request from CS to get orders manually processed, I used to have permission but it changed somehow and now I don't. I asked to get permission and was not able to because it is under an email my team doesn't have access to. ReCharge could not edit permission for me.

Vena CBD
Edited August 22, 2022

There is a lot of room for improvement. It gets the job done but how much they charge in fees should be much better. Surprisingly this is the top app in this category. As they have grown over the years, their support has not kept up with quality. Lot of back and forth before the issue is looked at or taken seriously. More apps are being developed in this category and hopefully, a more competitive selection will be offered.

Kekao
Time spent using app: Over 3 years
October 28, 2021

The support was very helpful. The support team's response quickly provided responses and solutions to my question.

Parlor Coffee
October 22, 2021

Some of the history information is misleading for agents to follow. One of our agents is unable to retry charges or refund customers and an investigation is ongoing with developers

Harringtons Pet Food
October 7, 2021

There were a lot of underlying issues that were not clarify up-front. We had to contact support back and forth for help (some even took 3-4 days to respond which affected our store performance).

Mala the Brand
Time spent using app: 6 months
Edited September 24, 2021

They switched me over to a paid account without me asking for it. Now they no longer have a free account. 1% + .10 so now my credit card charge rate is extra high once you add this onto what credit cards/paypal is charging. Thank you for working with me and removing charges that were not mine.

Jumpy Monkey® Coffee
May 13, 2021

Account login functionality for the consumer (front end) can be faulty. The analytics are good, but could be enhanced.

Lucky Saint