Recharge Subscriptions

Recharge Subscriptions

by Recharge

We turn transactions into relationships

Silver Falls Sustainability Co.

I have had two issues with Recharge that made it so my customers could not edit their subscriptions. Both times, Recharge responded to my outreach by directing me elsewhere. It took multiple emails, and in the last case, a bad review to get the issue resolved. That said, Recharge DID resolve the issues, and even comped me some months, which I am grateful for. It is a good app, and with more pro-active customer service it would be even better.

Lucky Saint

Account login functionality for the consumer (front end) can be faulty. The analytics are good, but could be enhanced.

Big Hair + Beauty

It seems like a great app and we would have loved to stick with it, but it appears that unless you pay the extra $99 for the enhanced support option they'll only provide limited responses which are often delayed. Our questions have been simple - around setting up separate shipping options for subscription members only (which you can't do directly within the app). However, our ReCharge dashboard doesn't match the guides they provide so I think that we're experiencing a bug/compatibility issue as we have options missing (they previously fixed something similar that wasn't showing up and we were initially impressed by the support). Sadly 3 emails later and no response, I think we've exceeded our free help (we can do minor coding and tweaks ourselves so we're not expecting them to do anything for us). We're hesitant to pay for support for something that doesn't appear to be compatible with our theme, and we don't want to crash our site, so sadly we're going to install what is in all honesty not as good an app but with better and faster support.

Mr. Moxey's

After a lot of back and forth, we finally have the app running and it seems to be working pretty well. My biggest complaint is support is EXTREMELY slow to respond at times, which can be frustrating in ecommerce. All my questions and issues were handled and handled correctly, just wish there was a little more ease of access to support, vie chat or anything.

PresetLion

For over 5 weeks now I go back and forth with many many emails being sent to implement Recharge with my custom bought theme. The support was kind of fast 1-2 days reply time - but the answers weren't always helping 100%. Especially with requesting customization of any kind to make this app work like I wished - but I understand that policy. They were really helpful in providing articles to their knowledge base (which I have read for hours and days now) and finally resolved an issue I had with currency conversion, where the subscription widgdet didn't show properly. AMAZING! So Kudos for the customer service! :)

We are not live yet, but so far everything seems to work for now. I love the integrations with so many other apps. Im also using Goaffpro for Affiliate marketing - The PRO is that coupon codes that are created in Goaffpro only automatically sync with Recharge - no other Subscription Service App here on Shopify. But I expected much more from the leading company for subscriptions on Shopfify with 60$ a month + percentage on sales.
Features that are missing and should be added/improved in my opinion:

- Custom Tags: Why is that not possible? They only Tag customers with 3 of their predefined tags!!
I have several subscription plans that I want to give customers access based on their tags on our shop. I have to spent 15$-40$ dollars per month more for "Customer Tagger" to be able to custom tag a certain customer that buys a specific subscription product. This tag should automatically be removed if the subscription is canceled. Paywhirl has that feature implemented. Why not Recharge?

- The UI of the App: is not very clean and not very straight forward, but I got used to it after several days. Too many clicks to reach what you are looking for (right upper corner, normal menu, tab menus in menus...) But thats just my opinion in 2020..

- Checkout Page: Very basic design - You can change some sentences with their Translation function and Css. But if you are using a workflow for a plan that starts with lets say 50€ and then all the recurring months it should be 5€. There is no way to show that amount correctly in the order summary. You have to use several workarounds (rename your product) to let the customer know, what they really have to pay the next month when they subscribe. Doesnt look very trustworthy to new potential customers on your shop...

- Thank you Page: More than basic - Yes you can add html. No options to upsell or add a download link/button for our digital products, where it would be placed to be user friendly. You can only add html to the very bottom of the page in the footer.
- Taxes: In germany because of Covid my shop will work with 16%. In 2021 it will go back to 19%. Everytime I update the taxes in my shop - I have to manually write them a message?!? Why is this not synced automatically?

- Membership Area: Their knowledge base kind of walks you through this. Im pretty decent with coding - but this is a nightmare for someone that doesn't know any code... I didnt get it to work, but used some own customizations.

For a small business that is just starting out this really is a lot of money. Considering I also have to buy another third party app to get all the functions I need that I expected to get from the top subscription app here on Shopify. Im a little bit dissapointed now, thats why I wrote my review.
Because of all the integrations, Goaffpro Affiliates Coupon Sync, nice customer support and my hope that I can rely on everything really working when we go live I will probably still go with Recharge. I hope this feedback helps to improve the app in the future.
Looking forward to a healthy and good business relationship.